By Alexis Akerfeldt
On the show, Alexis will talk about her own motherhood journey as well give nutrition tips to optimize your fertility and prepare your body for pregnancy, empowering you on your fertility and pregnancy journey. She will also bring on guests experts that will share their journeys and discuss parenting, postpartum healing and recovery and more.
P.S. Don't forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Mom LifeNov 21, 2022
006 | Conscious Parenting with Kim Marshall
In today’s episode of the Mom Life podcast, Alexis chats with Kim Marshall. Kim is a mother of 2 girls and the founder of Roots & Wings Childhood. She meets with families virtually to support their parenting goals and help shift things from surviving to thriving. Kim supports clients internationally as a parenting coach and educational consultant to uplift and empower parents in their leadership role, while honouring developmental and attachment needs of children.
Kim has 15 years experience as a certified teacher and retired from her classroom teaching career at the beginning of the pandemic to expand her reach and impact. She lives with her husband and 2 daughters on the east coast of Canada. In July 2020, they relocated from Toronto to Halifax to live in alignment with their core family values. Now Kim teaches others to parent with intention and purpose so that home life can feel more peaceful and connected. She believes that every unique family needs personalized mindset, strategy and tools for small shifts that can make a big impact.
Roots & Wings Childhood offers 1:1 coaching, group masterminds, online courses, and live workshops and trainings.
Alexis and Kim chat about:
- Mindset and expectation shifts in parenthood and meeting your child where they are at
- What “reparenting” and “conscious parenting" means to Kim
- Tools Kim relied upon for the transition from Toronto to Halifax and how she supports her clients using similar tools to move through big life transitions
- What it’s like working 1:1 with Kim and her group coaching offers “Village Mastermind” and “Evolve Mastermind”
- And so much more!
005 | Personal Development and Self-Discovery Through Astrology with Alyssa Fry
In today’s episode of the Mom Life podcast, Alexis chats with Alyssa Fry. Alyssa is an Astrological Life Coach who empowers dreamers to live their most authentic lives through the practices of astrology, coaching, and connecting with the natural cycles of the sun and moon!
Alexis and Alyssa chat about:
- Alyssa’s journey from the corporate world to astrology
- What it means to be an Astrological Life Coach
- What you can expect from her upcoming retreat (October 2022) and why she decided to hold it during the Scorpio New Moon and Solar Eclipse
- The difference between astronomy and astrology
- How you can use astrology to uncover who you are, and explore and embrace all the different sides to yourself
- How you can use astrology as a tool in motherhood
- Alyssa’s motivation behind her personal development journey
- The difference between your sun sign, moon sign and rising sign and what they each represent
- And so much more!
Connect with Alyssa on instagram at @authentically.alyssa and check out her website authenticallyalyssa.com for more information on her current offerings and upcoming retreat in Collingwood, Ontario, Canada (October 2022).
The Astrological Planner mentioned in this episode is Magic of I, they are on instagram at @magic_of_i
004 | Navigating Motherhood and Chronic Illness with Tabitha Wills
In today’s episode of the Mom Life podcast, Alexis chats with Tabitha Wills. Tabitha is a new mom to her daughter Lennon. She lives in Kitchener, Ontario in Canada, with her husband and daughter. She enjoys discovering new hiking trails, cycling, reading, and time outside with her family. She works as the Customer Success Lead for That Clean Life (@thatcleanlife on instagram) which is a nutrition planning software for high-performance health professionals. She uses her social channels to share honestly and candidly about the struggles of motherhood and managing a chronic illness.
Alexis and Tabitha chat about:
- Her journey as a new mom and living with an auto-immune condition called hidradenitis suppurativa
- How she tunes into her body to manage her auto-immune condition
- Her personal approach to nutrition and the mindset shifts she has experienced in this season of postpartum
- How the definition of self-care has changed in motherhood and how she carves out time for herself daily
- Her recent hiatus from Instagram
- And so much more!
Follow Tabitha’s journey on instagram at @tabitha.wills
For more information on hidradenitis suppurativa, check out the book The Hidden Plague by Tara Grant or HTTP://hsonline.ca.
The instagram accounts mention in this episode are:
003 | Folate and Fertility
In today’s episode of the Mom Life podcast, Alexis talks about the link between folate and fertility.
- How folate supplementation can support fertility
- The difference between folic acid and folate
- Foods that are rich in folate
References to clinical studies:
Follow along on Alexis’ motherhood journey on instagram @alexiswellness and download your free guide “5 Things You Can Implement Today That Will Protect Your Egg Supply” at the link in her instagram bio.
002 | My Experience with Prolapse Postpartum
In today’s episode of the Mom Life podcast, Alexis talks about her experience with prolapse postpartum.
- How she neglected her pelvic floor during pregnancy
- Her difficult birth and prolapse diagnosis
- The symptoms that she experienced and how she is managing it
And much more!
Some of the resources that were mentioned in the episode are:
@kale_and_krunches and @bouncefowardco
Follow along on Alexis’ motherhood journey on instagram @alexiswellness and download your free guide on 5 things you can implement today that will protect your egg supply at the link in her instagram bio.
001 | My Story
In today’s episode of the Mom Life podcast, Alexis introduces the podcast and talks about her health & wellness journey.
- How she went from years of burnt out and living in auto-pilot to thriving and nourishing her body
- What led her to study holistic nutrition
- Why she decided to focus her nutrition practice on fertility nutrition
And much more!
Follow along on Alexis’ motherhood journey on instagram @alexiswellness and download your FREE guide on 5 things you can implement today that will protect your egg supply at the link in her instagram bio.