All Around B-Town
By All Around B-Town
All Around B-TownMay 21, 2020
AABT: Coronavirus Edition
On our third episode of AABT, we make up for a lot of lost time due to the Covid-19 crisis in this special 90-minute podcast.
First on deck: a Zoom interview with Brighton Mayor Greg Mills about the state of the city, the search for the new city manager, how our city council is handling the pandemic, and more.
Next, we highlight the magnificent new Coffee and Pastry shop in town, Cinn-A-Brew! Mention you heard them on our podcast and get $1 off any coffee for the next month!
Our next stop is a Zoom visit with local author Jo Elizabeth Pinto, who has two published books (so far). We talk about her life in Brighton, coming from a prominent local family, and how her lifelong blindness has affected her "view" of the world. It's an endearing look into the life of a Very Brighton Person.
Finally, we grab a slice of pizza with the owners of our local Blackjack Pizza as they share what it's been like running a small business in our city during this pandemic, and we learn of some incredible ways they've been supporting the community. Our listeners also get an incredible special offer of 35% off your entire online order, using our promo code: AABT. Head over to Blackjack Pizza's website (or use the app) to order.
It's been a while since we added an episode, so here's a big one to make up for it. Stay safe, Brighton! We're almost through this virus.
NOTE: in places, the audio quality isn't where we want it this episode because all of our interviews had to be done remotely via Zoom meetings. Thanks for putting up with the limits of Coronavirus Technology. We'll have it in top shape for Episode 4!
AABT: Conversation with City Councilman Tim Watts
Councilman Tim Watts sits down with us on our second episode of All Around B-Town!
- A marine vet and a restaurant management guru, Tim shares about his background, his passion for serving Brighton, and what's on deck for our city in the coming months. Some highlights from today's episode:
What Tim wants to do for our seniors, veterans, and for youth sports.
- What it's been like to be a rookie on City Council.
- What obstacles does he see for growth in our city?
- How can we "marry" the old and new cultures of Brighton and unify as a city?
- How he feels about the current state of the city government.
- What it's like working with the new mayor and council.
Plus, you'll hear a lively conversation about:
- How can council help hold developers to their commitments?
- What's coming up for the council in the next few months (and goats....really?)
- The Ward 2 election, and would he favor eliminating run-off elections?
- The search for the next City Manager.
As always, we want your feedback and comments! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Facebook!