The Uphill Goat - Hosted By Andrew Conover
By Andrew Conover
The Uphill Goat - Hosted By Andrew Conover Jul 21, 2023
Going For Top 10 on the White Rim
Bruce Peck, Stoic, Marathon Runner, Entrepreneur, & a Conversation about What it Takes to Be the Best.
In this episode we talk about Keegan Swenson, and potential reasons to his constant and consistent victories this year. We talk about Alabama football and Coach Sabin's ability to recognize swings in sport, any how that can be applied to racing and being on the edge of change rather than late to it.
From Road Rash to PR's, My Story With Racing Collegiate MTB Nationals!
129. Feeling Underwhelmed?
128. The 5 minute rule
Have you found the starts of your XC races to be wild and crazy. It's because people haven't settled in yet.
Listen to this episode to find out what I call the 5 minute rule.
127. Want to get faster with 30 minutes to train a day? With Spencer Stevenson
In this episode we introduce Spencer Stevenson the new co-host of the Uphill Goat. We also talk about the best way to train with only 30 minutes a day and what that looks like long term.
126. Do you have a place?
Why Do You Ride Bikes?
124. Flipping Bikes
The Transformation Process of Changing Athletes for the Better.
123. Crusher in the Tushar
122. Want to be faster at DH as an XC racer?
Several techniques for getting faster at riding downhill.
121. Carter Anderson: Racing Unbound.
- unbound nutrition
- what it was like to be at the front
- Carters goals and upcoming races
- training going into unbound
- what recovery has been like
- advice for anyone wanting to be fast.
120. "We do recovery runs every day" with Timo Mostert, American Fork Cross Country Coach.
We dive into:
- the best way to get the best bang for your buck in training.
- negative splits
- racing how you train
- Strength and core work
- recovery runs every day
119. How to Accelerate Performance
Find out how I have my athletes track their performance when you take heart rate monitors and power meters out of the equation. Many athletes, including the developer of the system: Craig Manning, have found this to be fundamental for high performance.
118. Why should I ride in Zone 2?
The value and importance of riding at Zone 2
Has Social Media Changed What it Means to be a Professional Athlete? Listen to Jules Goguely's thoughts: Professional Mountain Bike Racer and Skimo Racer.
116. Is Marching Band a Sport?
Cycling Cadence Drills: What they are and why they're important.
114. "Don't Get Too Serious" With Brayden Johnson
- Fueling during training, and racing.
- Goal setting
- Race Plans
- The importance of having fun.
- What to do if you're feeling unmotivated.
113. Disappointment: Keep Moving Forward
The Best Is Yet To Come.
111. It's Working
Race #2 this year, and why I'm confident this season is going to shape out really well.
110. I Don't Have a Sports Psychologist, But..
109. But I Hate Changing!
Why you should make things you don't like as easy as possible.
108. I've stopped eating during training
107. Roberts Horn
This is it.
106. People Are Gnarly
105. The Golden Rule
The two most fundamental skills.
Knowing the purpose of each workout is key for maximum benefit of the training.
103. Like A Child
102. Cold Fusion
101. Pedaling Through The Memories: My Adventures in Mountain Biking - Part 2
100. T I M P O N O G O S
99. The Art of Exploration
98. Lighter is Still Better
97. Snapped Ski, and Why You Feel Fatigued During Rest Weeks.
96. Back to racing and the best technique for passing.
How do you pass without losing time while racing?
95. Burnt Beyond Burnt!
94. The Three Thirds of Many Rides and Races.
1. First third, fun.
2. Second third, hard.
3. Third third, rewarding.
93. Do I really need to rest?
Can I train every day, or do I need days off? Can I always go fast, or do I need to go slow?
92. How Should I Fuel For My Big Adventure?
Fueling can be tricky. But I think it's simpler than we often make it out to be.
91. Curiosity > Expectation. Here's why.
Give this quick episode a listen to find out why you should focus on being curious rather than having expectations!
90. What if Dr. Suess and C.S. Lewis created a world?
89. The 100th day of January
88. Maybe the final truly winter storm?
Waking up to the perfect Christmas morning, on April 3rd.
Pushing at 11,000 feet is a recipe for dumb decisions!
- Race Plans
- Training Experiment
86. How do you make decisions in the backcountry?
85. Guys, it's so pretty!
Crazy how the same circumstances can be seen in very different ways based on how we view it.
84. The Big Picture of Training
4. Mental Strength