Move Well to Live WellMay 15, 2023
61. How rest contributes to strength gains
60. How you build strength
59. Why form is important
Moving well-it's not just a saying we use at The Studio. It's a core belief for us. You can be extremely productive, effective, and safe with the right form principles. Bell touches on social media misinformation, the dangers of false form advice, and more in this week's episode.
58. 3 things I wish everyone knew as soon as they start exercising
This episode Bell shares 3 major things she's learned over the years that have allowed to exercise consistently and joyfully for 7 years.
57. Five things you can do to improve your health
Needing a basic wellness routine to get started? Look no further. Dr. Bell breaks down many of her previous episodes overarching truths into 5 easy steps that will improve your health. Want to dive deeper? Scroll through our previous episodes to learn more on any of the topics she discusses in todays episode.
56. Work Hygiene: navigating stress, movement, and productivity
Dr. Bell shares essential tips to improve your health while you're at work.
55. Sleep Hygiene: the basics
There's a LOT of information out there on sleep and it can be overwhelming to wade through. This episode Bell breaks down 7 steps you can be taking to improve your sleep hygiene and in turn also improve your health.
54. How your pelvic floor is impacting you when you exercise
53. Aging-what’s normal vs. what’s not
52. The anatomy of chronic pain
Bell breaks down the anatomy of pain, the chronic pain cycle, and how to interrupt it from taking over your life.
Schedule an appointment with Bell by emailing: email@example.com
51. Why your body composition isn't changing
You're doing everything right but your body composition doesn't seem to change-what's missing? Bell answers all of that and more!
50. How to exercise consistently
Today Bell has her husband, Will, join her and share how he went from a sporadic exerciser to a consistent and dedicated participant.
49. Cardio or strength training: what should you do first?
Bell shares her experience with cardio/strength training confusion and how you can navigate what's best for you.
48. What stress is doing to your body
47. Protein major keys
Bell and Jonette share their experiences and results upping their protein intake and more on how this macronutrient is digested, absorbed, and utilized
46. “Detoxing” what’s true and what’s not
Bell breaks down how the body detoxes chemicals and if “detoxing” is really necessary. She also goes over three swaps you can make to decrease your toxin exposure
45. Why a membership at The Studio supports you during pregnancy
44. The info you need to know to optimize your menstrual cycle
43. Is your fitness tracker helping or harming your health?
42. MYTHBUSTING: targeting fat loss
41. MYTHBUSTING: No pain, no gain
Is this common phrase true? How do we measure gaining strength? Bell breaks it down for you!
40. MYTHBUSTING: is this normal? Normal pelvic floor behavior
Ready to see a pelvic floor physical therapist? Contact your primary care physician and see if this would be a good fit for you and/or head to www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/physicaltherapy for more information.
Not ready to see a pelvic floor physical therapist but want to improve your pelvic health? Download our pelvic floor exercise guide https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/product-page/pelvic-floor-exercise-guide
Want to read this info instead? https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/post/mythbusting-is-this-normal
39. 2 ways to support your core and floor while working out from home
38. What does a pelvic floor physical therapy appointment look like?
Bell breaks down what an appointment with her looks like!
Pelvic Floor Exercise Guide: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/product-page/pelvic-floor-exercise-guide
Contact Bell and/or request to book an appointment: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/physicaltherapy
37. Why finding community in exercise can be the key to your success
Bell breaks down a study that demonstrates the INCREDIBLE benefits of working out with a community of people
Take our FREE community barre class on April 1st at 9:30 am in the basement of 929 Coffee Bar in Starkville, MS. Follow this link to reserve your spot!https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-studio-barre-and-wellness/id1498886476
Want to join The Studio in person but not quite ready? Work out with us virtually on Studio Stream https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/studio-stream-1
36. Pelvic Health and Mental Health
In this episode Bell breaks down how hugely connected pelvic and mental health are to one another
Want to schedule an appointment with me? Head to www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/physicaltherapy
Need help locating a pelvic floor physical therapist near you? Follow these links:
Not ready to start pelvic floor physical therapy but want to work on things at home? Download our guide:
Need help locating a mental health professional? Follow these links:
35. Your funny exercise moments
34. How to stay motivated during difficult circumstances w/Jonette Shurden
Jonette and Bell share their stories and how they stay motivated even when circumstances are difficult
33. Headaches and holistic management with Lydia Palmer
Studio instructor Lydia Palmer and Bell break down different types of headaches and different strategies in managing them. They also talk about lots more-listen to hear the entire convo!
32. Creating a healthy relationship with exercise w/Grace Cockrell
Studio member Grace Cockrell shares her Studio story and how her relationship with exercise has changed-for the BETTER!!! We love her and you will too after listening to this episode.
31. Exercise and Sexual Health + Relationships
30. Dyspareunia AKA pain with sex
Today Bell talks about an unfortunately common condition, dyspareunia/painful intercourse and how it's TREATABLE and you can live without pain infiltrating your sex life.
Read our blog post: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/post/dyspareunia-pain-with-sexCauses of dyspareunia: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK562159/
Other resources for painful intercourse:
For more information or interest in scheduling a physical therapy appointment please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
29. Period Cramps-what you need to know
Bell breaks down what's actually causing period cramps and how you can improve your experience during your period!
29. Happy Hips
Bell breaks down the anatomy of the hip and how it can affect your mobility!
Read the blog post: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/post/happy-hips
28. How to exercise consistently
Bell breaks down 3 things that you need to do in order to create a consistent exercise schedule.
Read the blog version: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/post/how-to-exercise-consistently
27. Low back pain and the pelvic floor
Bell breaks down why pelvic floor health is connected to low back pain AND shares a tip you can do to improve your symptoms and pelvic health by yourself at home
26. The 2023 goal you should have
Want to know a goal you and everyone else ABSOLUTELY should have in 2023? Bell gives you the answer in today's episode!
25. Cooking w/Jonette
Co-Owner, Instructor, and resident nutrition expert, Jonette, is on the podcast today breaking down her love of food and cooking. She also gives you some pantry staples and info on how to incorporate her knowledge in your kitchen in the future!
Follow us on Instagram: @thestudiobarreandwellness
24. Adolescents and Exercise
How does exercise differ in the adolescent population compared to adults? Bell breaks it down!
Read the story: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/post/adolescents-and-exercise
23. Stress Incontinence: and 2 tips to improve it!
Read the story from today's show at: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/blog
Schedule an appointment with Bell at: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/physicaltherapy
22. How to workout from home consistently
21. Your Bladder and Exercise
Sign up for Studio Stream: www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com
Contact Us about private lessons in person or virtually: https://www.thestudiobarreandwellness.com/ *Click Contact*
20. Chronic Injuries and Pain with Carly Holloway
Bell hears from her classmate and friend Carly about incorporating movement and exercise in her life while overcoming chronic injuries and pain.
19. Osteoarthritis and Exercise
Bell gives you a broad overview of Osteoarthritis and recommendations from the sources below on managing symptoms.
2019 American College of Rheumatology/Arthritis Foundation Guideline for the Management of Osteoarthritis of the Hand, Hip, and Knee
18. What's stopping you from taking your next step?
17. How do you make exercising a habit?