Convergent Trading Jul 22, 2022
Ask Me Anything w/ FuturesTrader71
Join us for an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session with FuturesTrader71, brought to you by Convergent Trading. An exceptional opportunity to delve into the mind of a professional futures trader, this interactive webinar will cover a wide range of topics from market trends, risk management, technical analysis, to the psychology of trading. FuturesTrader71, or Morad Askar, is widely respected in the trading community for his ability to break down complex concepts into easily digestible insights. His expertise in futures trading, combined with his focus on the crucial elements of risk management and trader psychology, makes this a can't-miss event for traders at all levels. Whether you're a seasoned trader or just starting out, don't miss this chance to gain knowledge from one of the best in the industry.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Charting, The Convergent Way
In this session, we will discuss the charts and tools we use to assess the market narrative and finding likely plays for the day. We will also cover how we determine our bias, stalk a trade, and decide when to hold to target or exit a trade. If you're interested in learning more about the tools we use for our homework and how they help us trade effectively, then this webinar is for you. During the webinar you will learn about: • The tools we use to complete our daily homework • How we assess the market narrative to find the likely plays for the day • Understand which charts help us determine our bias once the market is open • Which charts do we use to stalk a trade • What tools help us determine when we hold to target or exit a trade • See real-world examples of how our tools have helped us identify market opportunities This webinar will help you gain valuable insights into how we approach trading using the CT approach's tools. You'll also have the opportunity to get your trading questions answered during a live Q&A session. You don't want to miss this one!
Strategies to Unleash Your Trading Confidence w/ Jared Tendler
In this webinar, Convergent Trading will host Jared Tendler - a world-renowned mental game coach - to discuss practical strategies to maintain confidence during adversity and stay grounded during periods of success. Emotional capital is just as crucial as financial capital to consistent execution and success in trading. Jared will share insights on recognizing and overcoming self-doubt, improving decision-making under pressure, and developing a mindset for long-term success. Don't miss this opportunity to improve your trading performance with one of the world's leading experts on the mental game of trading.
Fireside Chat 2022 | Markets, Mental Game, Macro, Execution, and the Trading Journey
Join us for our annual Holiday Fireside Chat! This year we’ve brought together an all-star line up to discuss everything from the Mental Game, Macro Picture, Futures Strategies w/ Chart Examples, Expectations for 2023, and the Trading Journey.
Joining us for the chat:
- Jared Tendler: A world-renowned mental game coach with experience working with professional traders, poker players, athletes, and gamers. His book, The Mental Game of Trading is a must-own for any trader serious about improve his/her mental game. Jared’s diverse spectrum of clients helps him to really break down the drivers of elite performance at any competitive game.
- Brian Shannon: Brian has been trading 30 years, he is a well-respected author and educates traders on swing trading on his website alphatrends.net. Brian popularized the use of anchored VWAP and is considered a modern pioneer in online trading space.
- Jeff Snider: The head of Global Investment Research at Alhambra Investments. Alhambra currently manages over 230 million in assets for more than 200 clients. Jeff has joined us twice before to discuss inflation, and the repo markets. His discussions always contain so many nuggets, they need to be watched more than once.
- Brian Bilotta: BrianB is a Market Maven at Convergent – delivering daily commentary on the RTY in our trading chatroom. Brian has come up through the ranks as an independent self-funded trader. He is a big proponent of the mental game and the emphasizes the importance of a trader knowing thyself.
- John Pieranunzi: John471 is a Market Maven at Convergent – delivering daily commentary on the ES in our trading chatroom. He comes from a background in Prop Trading and has over a decade of experience in the markets.
- Morad Askar: Also known as FuturesTrader71, has been trading since 2000. He started professionally as a high-volume equities trader before transferring to futures in 2002 at the Chicago Board of Trade. Morad is a recognized pioneer in successful trader development and the use of Volume Profile.
The Truth About Funded Trader Programs?
In this webinar, FuturesTrader71 will interview Convergent Team Member CT-Jaguar to discuss his experiences and advice for traders participating in Funded Trader Programs.
- The discussion will cover the following topics:
- The Layout of a prototypical funded trader program
- The common issues and potential pitfalls to look out for
- What kind of trader are these programs designed for?
- What is the likelihood of success?
- How can you improve your odds of getting funded
Through the end of November 2022, we're offering $50 off on new quarterly memberships, use code "FUNDED" at checkout! - https://community.convergenttrading.com/store/
Master Trade Execution to Unlock Your Edge
In this webinar, FuturesTrader71 will address the differences between analyzing setups historically, and executing them on the hard right edge. A good trade is easy to spot retrospectively, however, traders often dull their own edge due to poor execution in real time. Traders may be able to identify high-quality opportunities, however are unprepared for the entry, execution, and management of that trade. During the discussion we will cover:
- How execution mistakes can dull the edge of a profitable strategy?
- What a good trade should feel like?
- The role of confirmation bias and recency bias in our decision-making
- Practical suggestions for improving your execution
Scalping Strategies: What Should You Know?
In this session, FuturesTrader71 will discuss scalp trading and the key elements that you must account for to be a scalper. FuturesTrader71 started his career as a high volume NASDAQ equities scalper and moved to scalping futures markets at his prop shop. We will answer questions such as how traders blow up their account scalping, how scalp trading puts us in a fight with algos and how beginning scalpers can improve the odds in their favor with the right tools and setup. You don't want to miss this one!
R-Factor, The Most Overlooked Metric in Day Trading
R-Factor is one of the most valuable tools in a professional day-trader's kit and a key component in consistent profitability. Many traders obsess over the win-rate of setups and completely overlook the importance of R-Factor. In this webinar FuturesTrader71 will break down:
- Why R-Factor is so important?
- R-Factor's impact on trading results
- How traders can adjust their R-Factor to maximize opportunities?
- R-Factor's role in Risk Management
During the presentation, we will also be taking questions from the audience related to the topic. If you're looking to quickly improve your trading performance, you'll want to join us for this webinar!
How to Correct Common Trading Failures
In this webinar @FuturesTrader71 discusses the common trading failures we have seen over the years and the process for correcting them.
During the webinar we cover:
- The Most Common Trading Failures We Encounter
- The Death Spiral of Common Failures
- The Expectations & Beliefs We Must Embrace to Succeed
- Remedies for These Common Failures
- Example Using the Current Market Narrative
- Question & Answer
Public Webinar – Anatomy of a Trade
Market Theory, Technical Analysis, and other Trading Concepts are important elements in a trader’s learning endeavors. However, sometimes the best way to learn is to cut through the theory and take a look at how a professional trader goes about executing in markets live. Each morning during the Trader Bite, FuturesTrader71 lays out his scenarios for the upcoming session. In this webinar, we’ll take a look at how he executes these scenarios and updates his market biases, if necessary, as the session plays out. He’ll show us the soup to nuts process on how he develops trading ideas live during the session.
During this webinar we’ll cover:
- Laying Out the Pre-Market Plan
- Analyzing and Navigating the Open
- The Trigger Point to Execute Our Trade
- Trade Management
- Closing and Completing the Trade Cycle
How to Grow a Small Trading Account w/ FT71
Oftentimes, traders are underfunded and over-leveraged. For many of us, the goal is to take a small amount of money and turn that into a large amount of money. To achieve this lofty endeavor, it is critical that traders give themselves the best chance at success. In this webinar, FuturesTrader71 will walk us through how he would approach growing a small account in today’s markets.
During this webinar we cover:
- The 8 pre-requisites to knowing you are ready to grow your small account
- Setting a clear and actionable process for trading
- How would a professional/prop trader approach growing?
Understanding Market Behavior Using Statistics w/ FuturesTrader71
This is a Convergent Member-Exclusive webinar that we’re releasing publicly for the very first time! Here’s a chance to get a deeper look into the education provided in our community. In the webinar, we perform a statistics-based study and help traders to get thinking about how to implement these practices in their own trading.
During the webinar we cover:
- Historical probabilities and what they are
- What historical probabilities aren’t and can’t offer
- Why do people get lost in statistical discussions
- How extracted statistical information can be used
- A walk-through example of generating a preliminary statistic from which we can build a setup with an edge
How to Master the Mental Game of Trading, Trading Psychology - w/ Jared Tendler
In this webinar, we are joined by Jared Tendler, a performance coach revered across several competitive disciplines. Jared works with some of the world's leading traders, poker players, professional golfers, and Esports athletes. FuturesTrader71 and Jared discuss the Mental Game, and insights from his new book: The Mental Game of Trading.
How to Survive & Profit in High Volatility Markets w/FuturesTrader71
Volatility is a double-edged sword. On one side, the greater the volatility, also the greater the opportunity for traders. On the other side, volatility often results in traders deviating from their trading plan, trading from a more emotional state, and incurring loss streaks. It is critical that traders have a plan for the various market regimes and conditions. In this webinar, FuturesTrader71 will discuss the adjustments traders should make to compensate for times of higher volatility.
During this webinar we discuss:
- How can we recognize when volatility has increased & when an adjustment is necessary
- How do we compensate for volatility in our sizing, stops, and targets
- How do we manage heightened emotions, overtrading, and FOMO during volatility?
How to Trade Futures Like a Professional Day Trader w/ FuturesTrader71 | Convergent Trading
In this special Public Event, we address how to approach trading like a professional trader working on a prop desk, and how you can implement these practices in your own trading.
During the webinar we cover:
- What prop traders think about that retail traders do not
- Key differences between Prop vs Self-Directed accounts
- Approaching risk management like a professional
- How to effectively use leverage
- Scalping as a day trader - pros and cons
- How to assess where you’re at in your development
- When should I become a full-time trader?
- When can you set a tighter stop loss?
- What scale out of your position?
- Becoming a pro while having a full-time job
Common Traits of Successful Traders w/ Anthony Crudele
During this Trader Spotlight Session, we will welcome back Anthony Crudele to share his insights on what he believes to be the Common Traits of Successful Traders.
Anthony has over 20 years of experience in trading Futures and cut his teeth on the floor of the CME as one of the youngest members in the CME Group’s history. He continues to trade Futures today and is also actively involved in Crypto markets. Anthony is the host of Futures Radio Show, and has an excellent YouTube Channel. Over the years, he’s spoken with and interviewed hundreds of highly successful traders, including FuturesTrader71 on numerous occasions, and has gathered many key insights from other industry professionals.
Inflation, Fed Tapering, & What It Means w/ Jeff Snider
In this webinar, we are excited to welcome back Jeff Snider. Jeff has appeared in previous Trader Spotlights to highlight the massive Repo Market and is a prominent voice in the global macro space.
Jeff is the Head of Global Investment Research at Alhambra Investments. Alhambra currently manages over 230 million in assets for more than 200 clients. The firm believes its thorough market and economic research that drives its strategies are what differentiates them from the competition. Jeff spearheads those investment research efforts.
Inside the Mind of a Fund Trader w/ Kelly Farrell
In this webinar, we have on Kelly Farrell of Diamond Capital Management. Diamond Capital Management is a fund specializing in S&P 500 Futures and Options products. Their systematic and proprietary rules-based investing program touts competitive returns relative to the S&P 500 Index with lower volatility and drawdowns, which is the fund’s goal. Kelly is a portfolio manager with over 30 years of investment experience and has an extensive background as a professional trader. Kelly is an “Other Time Frame” (OTF) participant and discusses with us her approach to markets.
During the webinar we discuss:
- Kelly’s journey into becoming a fund manager
- How the fund arrives at its edge
- The multifaceted trading approach the fund executes
- How a fund manager looks at risk
Mastering the Mental Game of Trading w/ Jared Tendler
What do the world’s best professional athletes, poker players, and traders have in common? They’ve each developed a Mental Game to support performance at the highest level.
In this webinar, we are joined by Jared Tendler, a performance coach revered across multiple disciplines. Jared works with some of the world’s leading poker players, traders, professional golfers, and Esports athletes. Jared will discuss the Mental Game, and insights from his new book: The Mental Game of Trading.
Building an Edge in a New Product
Traders must evolve with the market and this includes having to diversify the product/instrument that we trade.
Our focus during this session:
- Do we need to add an instrument or should we replace the one we already trade?
- What parameters can we define to select a new product to trade?
- Will a new product fit our risk profile and account size?
- What are some ways we can extract statistical information that will drive our decisions and approach?
- What are the steps to put together a set of setups or elements that will help us succeed with a new product?
Tune in to hear us discuss how moving to a new product can be a game-changer. We have the advantage of more and more micro/small products to choose from such as the Small Oil on SMFE (SMO), Micro-Crude (MCL), Micro-Bitcoin (MBT), Micro-DAX (FDXS) on Eurex and others. We believe exploring diversity in products has never been better for individual traders.
AMA on Making The Turn in Trading
Convergent Trading opens this session up to all traders interested in a discussion about "making the turn". We go over the common experience of a trader who is doing the work and is seeing consistency in their results and answer questions live during the webinar.
Key Components for Setups in Volume Profiling
During the webinar, @FuturesTrader71 covers a breif overview of Volume Profile and how traders can utilize it for developing setups. The webinar discusses the following topics:
- Volume Profile basics
- How the auction develops over time
- How large players reveal their intentions on a day-to-day basis
- How to recognize and take advantage of the traces that the major players leave behind
- Key Setups that combine Volume Profile with Order Flow
What does it take to Trade Right?
During this session, we will go over the steps that traders must plan for to "Trade Right". The discussion covers the soup-to-nuts program for formulating a sustainable plan of growth as a trader. With this, we will kick off a 2021 that will hopefully help traders stay focused on their path to growth.
Public Fireside Chat w/ CT Head Traders
FuturesTrader71 and the CT Head Traders (LongShortorFlat, NanaimoTrader & Tendex) chat about their path to professional trading.
The traders discuss:
- Each CT Head Trader’s background and journey
- Their experience turning professional
- How they evolve with the markets
- What they see other traders do that they wish they can help with
- Their opinion on the shortest path to trading success for others to follow
BONUS: CT Member Webinar – Trader Psychology Q&A w/Dr. Andrew Menaker
Jul 09, 2020, we hosted a special Convergent Trading Member-Only webinar with trading psychologist, Dr. Andrew Menaker. As a special bonus, we've made this webinar and podcast available to everyone! Dr. Menaker went through a number of key trader psychology Q&A questions asked by our members, based on his real-life experience working with traders.
- Dr. Andrew Menaker
For more information about Dr. Menaker, please visit https://www.andrewmenaker.com/
Public Q&A on Repos w/Jeff Snider
On Tuesday, March 28, we held a special follow up Q&A to the extremely popular webinar on the repo markets with Jeff Snider, Head of Global Research at Alhambra Investments. FuturesTrader71 asked Jeff Snider many of the questions that were asked during the webinar that we did not have time to cover, in addition to several emails that were submitted after the event
You can learn more about Jeff by visiting https://alhambrapartners.com/.
All About The Repo Markets & Their Impact w/ Jeff Snider
On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, FuturesTrader71 met with with Jeff Snider, Head of Global Research at Alhambra Investments. They discussed what the Repo market is, how this market is used, why the Repo market can cause large moves in equities markets and what Jeff’s view is on how COVID-19 might unfold. You can learn more about Jeff by visiting https://alhambrapartners.com/.
Convergent Trader Spotlight w/ Erik Townsend of Macro Voices - The Latest on COVID-19 and the Markets
Convergent is proud to host Erik Townsend of Macro Voices, arguably the best global macro podcast available, to discuss COVID-19 and its impact on the markets on March 11, 2020. Erik was one of the first to publicly sound the alarm on his podcast and we are now seeing the contagion effects of this virus and the resulting market panic. Join us to learn the latest. You can learn more about Erik Townsend by visiting https://www.macrovoices.com.
CME Micro-Indices: New Trading Opportunities with FuturesTrader71
This special webinar with Futures.io, will discuss new trading opportunities with the new Micro E-Mini Equity Index Futures products from the CME.
- Intro to CME Micro-eMinis and what they are
- Comparison of Micros and eMinis – Costs and specifications
- Expectations for when they are launched in May
- Setting up to execute them properly using the eMinis for homework
- A plan template to trade Micros
- Anchoring our trading on statistical probabilities and knowing our product
Convergent Trader Spotlight Event w/Yra Harris
In this episode of the Convergent Trading podcast, Morad Askar (FT71) interviews Yra Harris (www.yragharris.com), an experienced trader with a unique big-picture macro-style focus. Yra has 42 years of experience in all areas of commodity trading and is a member of the CME, served six years on the CME Board of Directors, is a Registered Commodity Trading Advisor, a Registered Floor Broker and a Registered Pool Operator. Morad takes a look at Yra's background, intuitive insights into the currency and commodity markets and his approach to executing and managing trades.
An Afternoon With Morad Askar hosted by Futures.io, Podcast Version
Convergent Trader Spotlight Event w/Tendex
FuturesTrader71: How do I know I’m on the right track as a trader?
Convergent Trader Spotlight Event w/Aaron Fifield
Link to shownotes:
Convergent Trader Spotlight Event w/Anthony Crudele
Link to shownotes: