Core ConceptJul 26, 2023
Digital Visual Literacy
A conversation with David Winkelman about, what we call "Digital Visual Literacy" — the skill of supporting conversation and remote calls with visuals to enable people to work more productively together.
Together with David we discussed:
- impact of visuals in communication
- our innate need for clarity
- trust and rapport among meeting participants
- Importance of humour
- our online course DVL.EXPERT
Empowering students with technology
A conversation with Michelle Williams, the ignitED teacher about technology adoption in schools and how digital devices in the classroom are essential to close achievement gaps. In our 30-minute conversation, we discussed:
- Why technology shouldn't be seen as a distraction, but rather a necessity
- What the benefit of putting students into their teacher's shoes are
- How Michelle succeeds in getting the devices she needed for students
- And what suggestions Michelle has for teachers who have so far avoided technology
Visual Storytelling in Health Literacy
During this in-depth conversation with Dr. David Grew, a radiologist and physician, we explore how the innovative art of visual storytelling can support communication between medical professionals and their patients.
Watch our conversation on YouTube to see all of the core concepts illustrated visually as we talk.
The science of visual storytelling
The nature of digital image
A journey to the material foundation of the digital image and back. A conversation with the philosopher Thomas Nail.
Visual index of concepts is available as a YouTube clip along with a transcript and a whiteboard to leave your thoughts to the concepts we discussed.