Creativity & Heart
By Maya Palmer
Creativity & HeartJan 04, 2021
23. Advice for Pivoting, Brand Photography and More with Jessie Wyman
Jessie Wyman is Brand and Product Photographer based in Boston, MA. In this episode, we're chatting about:
- Her journey exploring different niches as a self taught photographer
- Advice for overcoming the challenges of pivoting your business
- How brand photography can help you stand out in a crowded market
- Educational opportunities Jessie offers for other brand photographers
Connect with Jessie!
- Find brand photography services, resources, and more on Jessie's website
- Learn more about Jessie's course for photographers, The Brand Photographer Method
- Connect with Jessie on Instagram:
@jessiewymanphotos - brand photography content
@thebrandphotographermethod - education for photographers
- Listen to Jessie's podcast, Cocktails and Content Creation!
Connect with Maya!
- Custom Brand + Showit Website Design for Creatives with Heartfelt Brands
- Free Guide to Choosing a Website Template (Showit Templates coming January 2021!)
- Instagram: @mayapalmerdesigns
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2021/01/04/jessie-wyman/
22. How to Stay Consistent on Social Media without Feeling Overwhelmed: with The Biz Runners
As small business owners, we juggle so much. With our plates so full, content creation is one of the tasks that often gets moved to the bottom of the list. But when it comes to content marketing, consistency is key if we want to see results. In this episode, I'm sitting down with Kelli Tobin and Kristen Van Horn, co-founders of The Biz Runners, to chat about how to stay consistent on social media in a way that's realistic for you.
Full episode shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/12/21/thebizrunners/Connect with The Biz Runners!
Keep in Touch with Maya
Come be a part of my community over on Instagram!
21. 5 Ways To Keep Learning as a Business Owner
It's so important to keep learning as an entrepreneur. There are so many ways to do so, whether you are listening to free podcasts and videos, or making a premium investment in mentorship. In this episode, I'm sharing about some of my favorite ways to learn, and some of the books, courses, and conference experiences that have helped me move forward in my business.
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/12/15/keep-learning/
Let's Keep in Touch!
I'd love to know about a business book or podcast you love, your favorite online course, YouTube channels you subscribe to, or a conference you found valuable. Feel free to DM me on Instagram @mayapalmerdesigns or send an email to email@example.com.
20. Developing Your Brand Messaging with Ally Willis [EPISODE RECAST!]
As we are closing out 2020 and preparing for new seasons in our business come January, I've decided to do an episode recast! In this interview, copywriter Ally Willis of Cadence Copy Studio shares so many actionable takeaways on how to write words that resonate with our audiences. Grab your favorite notebook and get ready to take some notes! This episode will help you strengthen your brand message moving forward.
Episode Shownotes (you can see all of Ally's recommendations written out here!): https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/10/26/copywriting-tips-for-creatives/
Connect with Ally!
19. Website Platforms, Part 4: Showit vs. WordPress
Let’s chat about Showit vs WordPress, and how you can decide which to use for building your website. This episode is part 4 of a series I’m doing on website platforms. If you haven’t listened yet, I've also talked about:
Read the full shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/11/30/showit-vs-wordpress/
Join the Waitlist for my Showit template shop: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/waitlist
Let's Keep in Touch on Instagram.
18. Website Platforms. Part 3: Showit vs. Squarespace
When it comes to website builders out there, Squarespace is a pretty popular option - especially within the creative entrepreneur scene. Showit is much newer, and less so it's not as well known yet. However, both are great options for creating a quality website for your business. So, let’s chat about Showit vs Squarespace, and how you can decide which is best for you.
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/11/23/showit-vs-squarespace/
Join the Waitlist for my Showit Templates! https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/waitlist
Connect with Maya on Instagram @mayapalmerdesigns
17. Website Platforms, Part 2: Showit vs. Wix
Let’s chat about Showit vs. Wix, and how you can decide which website builder is best for your business. This episode is actually part 2 of a series I’m doing on website platforms.
If you haven’t listened to part 1 yet, I compare Showit and Shopify in episode 16 of this podcast. I get asked about choosing between those two platforms most often, so be sure to give it a listen if you want to know more about Showit vs. Shopify!
Full shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/11/17/showit-vs-wix/
Join the waitlist for my Showit Website Templates!
16. Website Platforms, Part 1: Showit vs. Shopify
Choosing a website platform can seem like such an overwhelming decision. There’s so many options out there, and it can be hard to tell the difference between them without actually signing up for a membership. In part 1 of this series on website platforms, I'm comparing Showit and Shopify to help you decide which is best for your business. While these are just my experiences and opinions, I hope that I will save you lots of money, time, and headaches!
Read the full shownotes for this episode on the blog.
15. Book Review: Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley
In this episode, I'm sharing about the book Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley. It’ll mostly be me sharing my biggest takeaways, and I’ll do my best not to share any major spoilers!
This book really resonated with me and I highly recommend it to anyone who’s struggling with knowing their purpose, mindset challenges like perfectionism/comparison/or disappointment, or if you just want to enjoy being present every day as you serve. Get comfy, and I’ll tell you more.
BOOK GIVEAWAY! HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:1. Follow me on Instagram @mayapalmerdesigns (if you don’t already)
2. Comment on the post that I made about this podcast episode (it will have the post date that this episode airs, November 2, 2020). Tell me one thing that you enjoyed about this episode!
3. I’ll randomly select a winner from the comments the next Tuesday, November 10th, 2020!)
You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the US to enter. The deadline to submit your comment is 11:59 pm EST on November 9, 2020. If you’re listening to this episode anytime after that, I’m so sorry that you missed this giveaway! This giveaway is not sponsored by Instagram.
Read the Full Shownotes here.
14. Developing Your Brand Messaging with Ally Willis
In this episode, I'm sitting down with copywriter Ally Willis of Cadence Copy Studio in Nashville, TN. We're chatting about the difference between brand messaging and brand voice, why research is such an important part of the copywriting studio, where to start when writing DIY copy, and more! Grab something to take notes with and get ready to learn copywriting tips & tricks that every creative business owner should know.
Connect with Ally!
- Cadencecopy.com - feel free to send her an email!
- Insta: @cadencecopystudio - be sure to give a follow and send her a DM if you have copywriting questions!
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/10/26/brand-messaging/
13. Chatting about Life, Creative Business, and Motherhood with my Mom!
Y'all are in for a treat! In this episode, my mom is joining me on the podcast to share her wisdom as a lifelong creative and mother of 3. We're sitting down to chat about creativity, and how she juggled being a mom, working a full time job, and running a creative business.Connect with Angela! Links Mentioned in This Episode
- Listen to Angela's podcast, Happy Life with Angela Monica
- Visit Angela's website and shop (designed by me!)
- Connect with Angela on Instagram and Facebook
12. Finding Creative Inspiration & Exploring New Creative Outlets
As creative business owners, creativity is something that comes naturally to us. However, I also think that since being creative is our job, we sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves to come up with new ideas and take the fun out of it. In this episode, let’s explore fun ways to find creative inspiration both in and outside of our businesses.
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/10/12/creative-inspiration/
Connect with me on Instagram! https://instagram.com/mayapalmerdesigns
11. A Behind-the-Scenes Look at My Brand & Web Design Process
Been wondering what it's like to work with a website designer? In this episode, I'm sharing about all of the major steps in my brand and website design process!
Free Brand + Site Quiz: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/quiz
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/10/05/website-design-process/
10. What does it mean to give yourself grace?
One phrase that I’ve heard about over and over again lately is “give yourself grace.” I want to explore what that means, and practical ways for us to do this as business owners and humans in general.
Obviously I don’t have all the answers, but this episode will be more reflective with some rhetorical questions for you to ask yourself. I hope I leave you with something to think about! 💖
Full Shownotes: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/09/28/what-does-it-mean-to-give-yourself-grace-and-how-can-we-do-this-in-our-daily-lives/
09. 5 Tools to Help You Save Time, Get Organized & Serve Well
In this episode, I'm sharing 5 tools that will help you save time, get organized, and serve well in your creative business. You might have heard of some (or all of these) already, but I hope you’ll learn something new by me sharing about how I use them.
Tools I'm sharing about:
All links mentioned are in the shownotes!
08. 5 Things Your Website Needs to Help You Book More Clients
In this episode, I want to share tips for blending your heart, authentic strategy, and design into a website that works for your business so that you can book more clients. These 5 tips are all things that I implement when working with custom brand + website design clients. I’m so excited to share with y’all! I hope that you’ll walk away from this episode with some ideas for how you can improve your own website.
Brand + Site Checkup Quiz: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/quiz
Giveaway Announcement: In celebration of my updated services launching on September 8th, I’m giving away a free 30-minute Brand + Site Feedback Session! The winner will get to hop on a call with me and ask anything they’d like to about their branding, website, my services, etc. I’m so excited to offer this! You’ll be able to enter the giveaway starting tomorrow, September 1, 2020, so be sure to follow me on Instagram @mayapalmerdesigns for updates.
Full Shownotes for this Episode: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/2020/08/31/5-things-your-website-needs-to-help-you-book-more-clients/
07. A Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek of My Services Launch
A lot's been happening behind the scenes at Maya Palmer Designs! In September 2020, I'm launching my new brand + web design packages. For this episode, I want to share some of the experiences that have led to decisions that I've had to make recently in my business as I prepare for this launch. I hope that by sharing my experiences and decisions, you’ll be inspired to consider ways that you can improve your own creative business!
Topics I'm diving into:
- Why I’ll no longer be offering a-la-carte design services.
- Why I believe in the purposeful packages I’ll be offering moving forward.
- How I’m making my custom design services more accessible.
- How I’m applying branding to my services to make them stand out. (and tips for branding your own offers!)
Take my free Brand + Site Checkup quiz: https://mayapalmerdesigns.com/quiz