M&A PerspectivesJun 25, 2021
Leveraged Recapitalization as an Alternative To Selling
Peter Hall interviews Stefan Shaffer, our New York Partner about Leverage Capitalization. They covered:
- What factors should a business owner consider when contemplating an outright sale of the business or a leveraged recap
- In what ways can altering the capital structure of a business through the addition of debt create further value for shareholders?
- What are you currently seeing in the market in terms of interest in leveraged recapitalisation?
- For a business that might be contemplating going down this path do you have thoughts on what they should be considering if they do so?
The Oil & Gas Sector Rebounds In 2021
The Oil & Gas sector was one of the hardest-hit sectors last year. However, the industry forecasts show demand will begin to exceed supply in 2021. I had a chance to talk to Gary Papay, our sector lead from North Carolina, to get his insights and outlook for 2021. Listen to the episode to learn more about the Oil & Gas sector.
Rebounding Economy Might Accelerate Your Business Sale Timeline
When is the right time to sell?
It might not be as far into the future as you thought.
We interviewed Jim Afinowich, our Principal from Phoenix, Arizona to get his outlook on M&A in the US.
While conventional wisdom holds that you should delay selling your business until the economy bounces back, a year or two from now, two factors could put that wisdom to the test:
- First, the economy is bouncing back more quickly than you think.
- Second, tax hikes under the Biden Administration could offset whatever gains you hope to achieve by delaying your sale.
2021 Outlook: Private Capital Market
In this episode, Stefan Shaffer our Partner from New York discusses:
- The current state of the private market—general liquidity conditions
- The demographics of the lending community—who is doing what?
- Pandemic fallout—how badly were issuers impacted?
- M&A activity vs. Recap activity - expectations respecting a Biden administration, next round of stimulus, etc.
M&A Insights from 10 Global Consulting Engineering Firms
The engineering sector is a key focus for Eaton Square. In recent days, we had the opportunity to meet with the CEOs or heads of M&A with ten of the world’s leading engineering firms to understand how COVID is impacting their M&A and operational plans.
What is driving the US M&A Market?
I asked Taylor Devine, Principal from Washington DC and a fellow of the M&A Source, on his insights about the US M&A market. We talked about the leading indicators of where the US market is headed.
A Conversation with Accenture on the Current M&A Landscape
Many of our clients are keen to understand if there are still buyers in the market and how has COVID impacted the M&A process. To help understand what this means for the business transformation and IT services sector, I interviewed Thomas Griffin, Managing Director for Mergers and Acquisitions at Accenture to get his perspective.
Impact of COVID-19 to the Biotech and Diagnostics Industry
Debt and Equity Market's Impact on Cross-border M&A
In these unprecedented times, we know how quickly things change, especially in the finance sector. Here’s an update of how debt and equity markets in New York evolved.
How Has COVID-19 Impacted US Private Debt Availability?
What can company owners do now, if they are thinking of selling later in the year?
In this premiere episode, our Principals from across the globe try to answer the most pressing questions business owners might have during the COVID era.