G-Talk: Ask the Expert
By GLP Europe
G-Talk: Ask the ExpertOct 28, 2021
Logistics in Italy
This podcast takes a look at the logistics market in Italy and discusses GLP’s role securing and developing logistics space for the future. Our host Paul Shearer is joined by Marco Belli, (GLP Country director for Italy), Saverio Ungania, (Investments Director), Alberto Carampin (Construction Director) and Luca Barreca (Senior Asset Manager).
This episode covers:
- An overview of the current Italian logistics market
- The current challenges and how GLP is responding
- Decarbonisation and energy transition
- What projects are top priority
- Future plans and projects in the pipeline
Logistica in Italia
In questa puntata del podcast dedicata all’Italia, Marco Belli (Country Director di GLP Italia), Saverio Ungania (Investment Director), Alberto Carampin (Development and Construction Director) e Luca Barreca (Senior Asset Manager) si sono confrontati sul mercato della logistica nel nostro Paese, affrontando il tema da diversi punti di vista.
Oltre a un’analisi dell’andamento del settore nel 2023 e le prospettive per il futuro, hanno parlato di investimenti, asset management, costruzione degli immobili e impegno in ambito ESG.
Global Robotics Services in Europe
In this episode we look at the progress that we are seeing in the adoption of robotics and automation within logistics in Europe and discuss how GRS is able to offer these innovative solutions.
Paul Shearer is joined by Hongming Chen (Global General Manager, Global Robotics Services), Jens Mueller (Sales Director Global Robotics Services) and Alessandro Renzo (Managing Director, Italy and Switzerland GXO).
- How can Robotics and automation help businesses be more efficient
- The rise of omnichannel purchases and logistics solutions
- How does GRS provide the solutions and what makes these solutions different
In this episode we take a look at the career paths of four very different GLP colleagues and discusses the support that GLP has offered in order to help them with their personal career development.
Our host Paul Shearer is joined by GLP colleagues Ioanna Rossides, Diana Hohmeister, Nere Herrera and Brian McEnery to talk about their own career journies and the different forms of bespoke support solutions GLP has provided to each colleague in a rapidly growing organisation.
- The importance of investing in and supporting colleague development
- Company contributions towards qualifications such as MBAs
- The flexible and supportive working environment at GLP
Renovarse o morir la imparable transformación tecnológica de la inmologística
La automatización, las TIC, la nube, la Inteligencia Artificial y la robótica están ahora en boca de todos. Pero, ¿de verdad estamos preparados para este cambio? ¿Es tan necesario como dicen los expertos? ¿Y si solo es una moda pasajera? Antonio Navarro Ruiz, Socio y Director Gerente de Logistics Project Management, responderá a estas preguntas en el segundo episodio de nuestro pódcast, presentado por Miguel Monreal, director de desarrollo de GLP España.
Automation, ICT, the cloud, Artificial Intelligence and robotics are now on everyone's mind. But are we really ready for this change, is it as necessary as the experts say, or is it just a passing trend? Antonio Navarro Ruiz, Partner and Managing Director of Logistics Project Management, will answer these questions in the second episode of our podcast, presented by Miguel Monreal, Development Director of GLP Spain.
Evolución de la construcción logística en España y tendencias para el futuro
En esta capítulo, nos adentramos en la inmologística de la mano de Ricardo Martínez, director general de EIGO, con quien conoceremos la evolución de la construcción logística en España y su futuro.
------- In this episode, we take a closer look at logistics real estate with Ricardo Martínez, Managing Director of EIGO, with whom we will learn about the evolution of logistics construction in Spain and its future. (Podcast in Spanish)
MIPIM 2023 ESG Update
Welcome to this GLP ESG Update. Today we will hear from our speakers, the progress that GLP is making across its European portfolio and specifically looking at the countries of France and Poland. We will discuss how these countries have enhanced standards of construction to help reduce carbon emissions and improving the energy efficiency of its assets. And the session will explore the need for accurate measurement and data collection as well as the growing importance of social value.
Our host Paul Shearer is joined by Natali Cooper (Managing Director, Head of Portfolio & Asset Management & ESG – Europe)
Jaroslaw Czechowicz (Country Manager, Poland)
Gilles Petit (Director, Asset Management, France)
Key topics covered:
· What are the environmental issues that GLP is focused on?
· How important are ESG credential to tenants?
· Energy costs and supply are becoming ever more critical to tenants – what are the renewable choices that we face to make buildings become more sustainable?
· What are the most important ESG feature that will drive the market in 2023?
International Women's Day 2023
This podcast takes a look at the theme of this year’s IWD "Embracing Equity" and how we approach this at GLP. We look at the progress that has been made through colleagues sharing their experiences.
Paul Shearer is joined by Marie-Luise von Knobloch-Keil (Head of Asset Management, Germany), Vicky Dalziel (Fund Management), Adrienne Howells (Senior Development Director, UK) and Vincent Flottau (Senior Business Development Manager, Germany).
- Creating a diverse and inclusive work culture
- Programs, schemes and internship initiatives offered by GLP
- How GLP delivers a progressive working environment
- Supporting opportunities for personal growth and training
- What more can be done to create a more equitable working environment
International Women's Day is a global celebration of the social, economics, cultural, and political achievements of women, as well as a call for gender equality and women's rights.
Une autre vision de l'immobilier logistique - FR 2
Ambroise Dhellemmes, Senior Construction Manager France, apporte 3 éléments de réponse aux difficultés rencontrées par les acteurs de la construction : miser sur le Brownfield, le clé-en-main et une stratégie ESG ambitieuse.
Logistics in Central and Eastern Europe
Paul Shearer is joined by Marek Jandous (GLP Investment and asset Manager, CEE) to a look at the logistics market in Central and Eastern Europe and discuss GLP’s role securing and developing logistics space for the future.
- An overview of the logistics market with Central and Eastern Europe
- Different customer needs across the different countries
- What are the current challenges?
- What exciting projects are coming up in 2023?
Logistics in Spain
Our host Paul Shearer is joined by Oscar Heras (GLP Country Director for Spain), to take a look at the logistics market within Spain.
What is happening within the Spanish logistics market?
Where in Spain does GLP currently have a presence and why?
What are the current challenges?
Exciting projects coming up in 2023
How GLP are making logistics a sound investment for tenants and investors even through economic uncertainty
Une autre vision de l'immobilier logistique - FR 1
Après une année record, un marché équilibré attendu en 2023, explique Philippe Graziani Directeur de chez GLP France.
Delivering Net Zero Together
We're excited to share another informative episode of G-Talk: Ask the Expert Podcast.
Joining our host Paul Shearer in this programme are Rob Wall (Assistant Director of the British Property Foundation), Steve Malkin (CEO & Founder of Planet Mark), Natali Cooper (Managing Director and Head of Portfolio & Asset Management and ESG, GLP Europe), and Joe Garwood (Senior Development Director, GLP UK).
The built environment accounts for as much as 40% of all global Greenhouse Gas Emissions, according to the World Green Building Council. The Real Estate industry needs to act now to transition to a zero-carbon economy and meet the 2050 Net Zero targets. In this Podcast, the panel discusses how we need to work together to achieve these Net Zero targets and considers new industry initiatives including the British Property Foundation's Net Zero Pledge, the Planet Mark Certification Scheme and how emerging carbon-saving solutions can be adopted by businesses.
At GLP we are pleased to be supporting the Planet Mark Certification Scheme and to share best practice in finding different ways to reduce carbon.
Logistics in France
Our host Paul Shearer is joined by Philippe Graziani (GLP Country Director for France), to take a look at the logistics market in France and discusses GLP’s role securing and developing logistics space for the future.
- What is happening in the French logistics market?
- What are the current challenges?
- How is GLP responding?
- What projects are its top priority?
- Even though the times are uncertain where is the market heading?
For further information visit https://eu.glp.com/france
Logistics in Germany
Our host Paul Shearer is joined in studio by Patrick Frank (GLP Country director for Germany) to take a deep dive into the logistics market in Germany and discusses GLP’s role in securing and developing logistics space for the future.
- What is happening in the German logistics market?
- What are the current challenges?
- How is GLP responding?
- Recent and current projects
- What are the top priorities going into 2023?
For further information visit: https://eu.glp.com/
Ask the Expert: Robotics
This podcast takes a look at the increasing role that Robotics plays in Logistics operations. GRS is a Robotics specialist company and is a subsidiary of GLP. Host Paul Shearer is joined by Hongming Cheng (CEO, GRS), Bob Wang (CTO, GRS) and Dom Tang (Head of Implementation, GRS) to discuss a number of projects which GRS have initiated with customers around the world and their current plans for European expansion.
For further information visit: https://www.glprobotics.com/
Planet Mark: Pathway to Net Zero
In this episode our host Paul Shearer is joined by Steve Malkin (Chief Executive, Planet Mark), Natali Cooper (GLP Head Portfolio and Asset Management and Head of ESG) and Richard Allington (GLP Technical Director) to discuss the new complimentary Planet Mark accreditation scheme that GLP are launching.
- What is Planet Mark?
- What is the new scheme that GLP are launching?
- How does it work?
- How does it fit in with GLP’s ESG strategy?
- How important is it in an era of rising fuel costs?
- How can people find out more about this scheme?
- How does the next year look as the scheme rolls out?
European Fund Management
In this episode our host Paul Shearer is joined by Daan van den Hoven (Managing Director, GLP Europe), Brian Kieran (Senior Vice President, Head of GLP Europe Fund Management) and Sylvia Slaughter (Senior Vice President, GLP Fund Management) to take a look at GLP’s Fund Management success in Logistics during 2021 and asks, “What next?”
Topics covered in this episode:
- What are the key factors making Logistics so popular with investors? How does GLP’s fund management expertise combine with GLP Europe’s historic logistics expertise?
- What funds does GLP operate?
- What examples are there of ‘Boots on the Ground success?
- Where is the logistics market heading in 2022 and beyond?
Design and Construction
In this episode our host Paul Shearer is joined by GLP Construction Directors Steven Alexander and Nere Herrera to discuss the role that Design and Construction plays in meeting the challenges of both today and tomorrow.
- What is GLP and what does it do?
- What role do our two guests have in GLP?
- What are the current challenges for design and construction?
- How is GLP meeting those challenges?
- What solutions does GLP have for tomorrow’s logistics environment?
Developing Logistics in the UK featuring Mammoth 602
In this episode our host Paul Shearer is joined by GLP Development Director Adrienne Howells to discuss GLP’s logistics UK development pipeline in particular the latest big development near Doncaster: Mammoth 602.
Topics covered in this podcast:
- Where is the UK’s Logistics network headed?
- What is Mammoth 602?
- How does it fit in GLP’s overall UK development strategy?
- What is GLP’s approach to sustainable development?
- What new technologies are GLP looking at?
Fund Management and ESG
In this episode our host Paul Shearer is joined by Natali Cooper (Head of Portfolio & Asset Management and ESG Europe) and Sylvia Slaughter (Senior Director Fund Management).
This podcast examines the role of fund management in GLP and how it interconnects with ESG and cover the following topics:
- What is the fund management regime in GLP and what kind of funds are there?
- What does GLP think about ESG and what are its central ESG policies?
- How have the conversations with investors changes over the last decade?
- How has investor awareness of ESG evolved?
- What have been the lessons learned from recent events and what has been the impact on the investment community?
- What’s next for GLP, Funds and ESG?
The importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
This episode examines the initiatives that GLP Europe are taking as part of their Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, with a particular focus on ethnic minority representation.
Our host Paul Shearer is joined by guests Ofei Kwafo–Akoto (Senior Legal Counsel – Europe), Rachel Walker (General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer – Europe) Haidée Klein (Head of HR – Europe), Mica Merid (GLP Intern)
- What are the steps that GLP has taken following the events of 2020 and the murder of George Floyd and subsequent public outcry?
- What is the Southside Leaders Academy and how did GLP help with their work in 2020?
- What is the 100Black Interns initiative?
- What are the GLP Europe wide strategies for Diversity and Inclusion?
- How has the RFP process changed within GLP, and what does that mean for customers and suppliers?
- What can GLP do with the social aspect of ESG?
- What do you hope to see next?
You can find other episodes in this series on all the usual podcast platforms. Be sure to subscribe. You can also find out more on GLP Europe’s website https://eu.glp.com/