HLNY Connections Podcast Series
Healthcare Leaders of New York is the NY chapter of American College of Healthcare Executives or ACHE. HLNY represents over 1900 professionals in the New York Metropolitan Area, providing access to networking, education and career development opportunities. The mission of HLNY is to advance healthcare leadership and management excellence through professional enrichment and continuing education of our members.
HLNY Connections Podcast SeriesAug 19, 2021
Shakira Daley: HLNY Board-Member-At-Large for Long Island
HLNY Vice President Alyeah Ramjit, MS, MHA sat down with Dr. Shakira Daley DNP, RN, NE-BC,CPPS to discuss her professional journey and experience as a healthcare leader in New York!
Fireside Chat on Leadership & Award Presentation with Leonard Achan
In this episode, we're thrilled to share the audio for the Fireside Chat on Leadership between HLNY 2020 Award of Distinction Recipient Leonard Achan and HLNY President Nicholas Bilas on August 27th, 2020. In this conversation Mr. Achan shared key insights about his journey and career, highlighted his approaches to innovation and change, leadership, and how one cultivates good talent to develop the next healthcare leader. In this discussion, Mr. Achan and Mr. Nicholas Bilas, HLNY President, also addressed how to compete in today’s ongoing COVID-19 environment as well as how to make healthcare more diverse and inclusive.
HLNY Connections Episode II: Co-Existing with COVID-19: Changes that will Outlast the Virus
This Podcast is the Q&A Session from the May 28th Webinar, "Co-Existing with COVID-19: Changes that will Outlast the Virus."
This Webinar addressed:
- What healthcare leaders are doing in unique positions to design preventive measures that ensure staff transition staff back to the workplace safely or work remotely to minimize exposure, as well as how they plan to cope with a high rate of absences.
- Though insurers and the federal government have stepped in to cover coronavirus-related medical bills, what to expect from a slow economic recovery that will leave millions of people uninsured while their financial situation remains precarious. And what does that mean for Medicaid and institutional budgets absorbing the cost?
- How do we start building up bigger, better stockpiles of the things we need in a pandemic, including masks and other protective gear for hospital workers?
- Panelists: Art Gianelli Chief Transformation Officer | Mount Sinai Health System President | Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital. Arthur Gianelli is Chief Transformation Officer of the Mount Sinai Health System, a position to which he was appointed in April of 2019. He also serves as the President of Mount Sinai Morningside, one of eight hospitals that comprise the Mount Sinai Health System. He has held this position since February of 2014.
- Antonio Tomarchio CEO, Cuebiq Inc. Antonio Tomarchio is the founder and CEO of Cuebiq; a leading consumer insights and measurement company, providing analytics, audience, and cross-channel attribution capabilities, that empower brands and marketers to make better, more informed business decisions and marketing strategies.
- Dr. Lewis Marshall Chief Medical Officer | NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln. Dr. Marshall is the Chief Medical Officer at H&H/Lincoln. Dr. Marshall is Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the NYU School of Medicine. He lectures locally and nationally on issues of patient safety, pre-hospital care and public policy.
- Moderated by: Carol Gomes Chief Executive Officer/Chief Operating Officer at Stony Brook University Hospital. Carol is a member of the senior executive team, serving as the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer at Stony Brook University Hospital. Formerly, she was the Chief Quality Officer and Associate Director for Quality Management with administrative oversight for the departments of Continuous Quality Improvement, Decision Support Services, Clinical Pathways and Management Engineering. She was also the Associate Director for Neurosciences.
- This and all our programs and events are made possible by the generosity of our 2019-2020 HLNY Corporate Sponsors who are ardent supporters of the healthcare executive profession.
HLNY Connections Podcast Ep 1: LeanTaaS' President and CMO Sanjeev Agrawal On Strategies for Restoring Elective Surgery
HLNY was thrilled to have Sanjeev Argawal, President and Chief Marketing Officer of LeanTaaS join our podcast to discuss OR backlogs and restoring elective surgery caseloads as COVID-19 stabilizes.
LeanTaaS develops software that increases patient access to medical care by optimizing how health systems use expensive, constrained resources. The company's iQueue platform applies advanced data science to historical EHR data to improve capacity management and operational efficiency without adding staff, hours or capital investment.
E-mail address mentioned in Podcast: email@example.com
LeanTaaS website link: https://leantaas.com/
Healthcare Leaders of NY is the NY chapter of American College of Healthcare Executives or ACHE. HLNY represents over 1900 professionals in the New York Metropolitan Area, providing access to networking, education and career development opportunities. The mission of HLNY is to advance healthcare leadership and management excellence through professional enrichment and continuing education of our members.