Nutra NarrativesJan 30, 2022
75. Andishe Farahmand, MPH, RDN: Turning Lemons into Lemonade
Andishe is a registered dietitian who has found her calling by helping the dietitians of tomorrow become successful.
Get in touch with Andishe!
✅Facebook private group: Pass The Dietitian Exam
Business page: Pass The Dietitian Exam with tutor Andishe
✅App: Pass The Dietitian Exam
✅Email 📧: Passtherdexam@gmail.com
The Nutra Narratives podcast can be found on Apple podcast, Spotify, other podcast platforms, YouTube or on the link in my profile @jejenovrdn!
74. Tea Break-Andreena Lopez, Briana Tran & Janelle Tse: Three Wise Meals
Andreena Lopez, Briana Tran and Janelle Tse are all second year students in the masters of nutrition and dietetics program at Loma Linda University.
73.Tea Break: Manny Rodriguez & Santiago Melendez-Mental Health & Nutrition
Manny and Santiago are both second year students in the masters of nutrition and dietetics program at Loma Linda University. They are excited to serve God in the next chapters of their lives after graduation, which is less than a year away.
72. Chris Suyat, MS, RDN: Following His Heart’s Calling
Christ Suyat graduated from Loma LInda University from their nutrition and dietetics program. COVID was a challenging time for Chris while he lost his job and had to teach his kids school at home. Now he is back on track with a new job and moving forward in his career.
71. Rise Rafferty, MS, RDN: Fulfilling Her Passion Later in Life
Rise Rafferty is a registered dietitian-nutritionist who went back to completing her bacherlor of science degree after her two beautiful children have already grown up. She is currently serving patients through the telehealth platform and also shingingher light in the realm of television and media.
70. Tea Break: The Live Gut BETTER Framework
I always get asked where does one start to steer their gut in the right direction for good gut health. Many ask for simple tips. This is the episode that will provide you with a good foundation for helping you get gut BETTER.
69. Dietetic Student Briana Tran-Sharing the Power of Prayer
Briana Tran is about to graduate from Loma Linda University with a bachelors degree in nutrition and dietetics! She shares how the love of her mom for her family played a crucial role in helping her decide what career she needed to embark on. Congratulation to Briana and the entire class of 2021!
68. Sarah D. Hall, MS, RDN: Successfully Pivoting to Empowering Registered Dietitians
Sarah D. Hall received her masters degree in nutrition at University of Central Arkansas. She enjoyed serving veteran patients in the VA system for several years as a clinical dietitian. Sarah then decided to create an avenue for herself that would allow her to have financial freedom in order to enjoy more time with her family. Now she is serving hundreds of registered dietitian-nutritionists in a non-traditional role.
67. Alicia Higgason, RDN: Doing All Things Through Christ’s Strength
Alicia Higgason recently graduated from Loma Linda University with her undergraduate degree in nutrition and dietetics. She envisioned a private practice as the end goal of her career; however, she is currently enjoying a thriving private practice right out of school.
66. Kara Bates, MS, RDN, CNSC-A Passionate Advocate for the Critically Ill
Kara Bates was set on a particular plan for her career right after graduating; however, the plan did not become reality right away. She had no other choice, but to take a different path. This alternate path has led her to her ultimate dream job!
65. Alyssa Perri, RDN & Stacy Avdeyeva: Diet culture: Trends, Truths, & Taking Initiative
Alyssa Perri and Anastisija (Stacy) Avdeyeva are both graduating with a masters of science in nutrition and dietetics in less than a quarter from Loma Linda University. They both have a passion for helping women leave diet culture in order to live a more rewarding and enjoyable life!
64. Vanessa Alardo, MPH, RDN: Living with Enthusiasm and Energy in Serving Others
63. Jennica Johnson, RDN: Having a Unique Outlook in Life Since a Very Young Girl
62. Dietetic Student Eliza Lee: Defending the Sabbath Truth!
Graduation is around the corner for nutrition and dietetics student Eliza Lee. Hailing all the way from Malaysia, she has been enjoying receiving her education here in the United States.
61. Dietetic Student Andreena Lopez: First in Her Family to be in Higher Education
Andreena will soon be completing her bachelor of science degree in nutrition and dietetics at Loma Linda University. Her story of courage is truly inspirational to all of us, because she had to find her way with no examples before her in the realm of higher education.
60. Tea Break Episode w/ Nina Lin & Janelle Lau: Discussing the Various Food Adverse Reactions
Nina Lin and Janelle Lau are both graduate students in the masters of nutrition and dietetics program at Loma Linda University. They are both looking forward to graduating this coming June!
59. Kim White McCallum, RDN: -Coming Full Circle to Her True Calling
58. Dietetic Student Anne Atkinson-Going for that Second Masters Degree
Anne Atkinson is a third year nutrition and dietetics student in the masters program at Loma Linda University. After teaching health and nutrition for many years, Anne has decided to go back to school to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.
57. Tea Break w/Glencill Taylor, RDN & Sally Millon- The Dietary Ripple Effect from Parent to Children
Glencill and Sally are graduate nutrition and dietetic students at Loma Linda University. They share their passion for community nutrition, preparing budget friendly meals and their exciting research project.
56. Tea Break w/ Hannah Nua, Laura Aldama & Holly Lai-Eschen: Food Insecurity on Loma Linda University Campus
Hannah, Laura and Holly are graduate nutrition and dietetic students at Loma Linda University. They share about their research study project and their results.
55. Tea Break w/ Samantha Peebles, RDN & Jasmine Westerdahl, RDN: Clearing the Confusion on Three Controversial Plant Foods
Samantha and Jasmine are plant-based registered dietitian-nutritionists. On this episode the set the record straight on lectins, soy and oil.
54. Melissa Davidson, RDN, CSSD, CDCES: Tackling Multiple Mountains with Hope and Success
Melissa’s journey took her through recovering from an eating disorder that manifested while she was a young, tender teenager to learning live with irritable bowel syndrome and surviving a scooter accident putting her through two surgeries.
53. Dietetic Student Regina Fong: From Guam in Pursuit of Changing Her Career
52. Glencill Taylor, RDN-From Barbados with a Dream
Glencill Taylor is a graduate nutrition and dietetics student at Loma Linda University. Although she has been working several years now as a registered dietitian-nutritionist, her husband and children are currently supporting her in pursuing higher education.
51. Dietetic student Shyenne Butler-Trusting in the Lord Every Step of the Way
50. Erika Thiede, MS, RDN-From Working with Pre-NFL Athletes to Inspiring Young Mothers of Today
Erika Thiede has worked with high school athletes all the way to writing grants worth hundreds of thousands of dollars helping students have access to better nutrition education programs. Now she is taking off to revel in the best job of being a mom.
Listen in and get to know Erika! The Nutra Narratives podcast can be found on Apple podcast, Spotify, other podcast platforms, YouTube or on the link in my profile @jejenovrdn!
Contact: IG @erikathiederd
49. Lesley Ann Foster Nicholas, PhD, RDN-From Trinidad to Following God’s Leading to the U.S.
All the way from Trinidad and Tobago, we have a brand new faculty member at the department of nutrition and dietetics, Loma Linda University. Lesley Ann Foster Nicholas, comes to LLU with a vast experience in the world of nutrition.
48. Jasmine Westerdahl, RDN: Making a Stand for Sustainable Nutrition
While currently a graduate nutrition and dietetics student at Loma Linda University, Jasmine Westerdahl is a newly minted registered dietitian nutritionist. Her love for helping take care of the planet through sustainable nutrition and eating plant-based is truly inspiring.
47. Dietetic Student Sally Millon-From a Place of Shaky Confidence to Growing Confidence
Sally Millon is a graduate student at Loma Linda University in the nutrition and dietetics department. She has a love for serving her community.
Instagram and Facebook handle: @sallyspillsthebeans
46. Tea Break Episode: Emilie Rice, MS, RDN: Eating Seasonally Explained
Emilie is a brand new registered dietitian nutritionist. She shares how God has led her through a big disappointment in her life, but beautifully corrected the disappointment into triumph. Emilie also shares why eating seasonally is a good thing to do!
45. Brittany Johnson, PhD, RDN, CSSD: Discovering a New Found Passion in Research
Brittany is a published researcher in the field of nutrition. Concurrently, she is also a professor at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego.
44. Tania Gama Barros, MS: Living Strongly by Trust and Faith
43. Jasmine El Nabli, MS, RDN: Vision Driven to Success
Jasmine has combined her psychology background with her love for nutrition. In addition to helping patients live well, she is also helping employees achieve optimum health as well. She is taking the media by storm influencing those who watch her videos and read her blog to take on a healthful living lifestyle.
Connect with Jasmine:
42. Nutrition Student Cheyenne Thornton: Fulfilling a Need to Serve Other Countries
Cheyenne Thornton is in her second year of her masters program at Loma Linda University. She has traveled the world and discovered her calling to become a dietitian while serving in Uganda.
41. Victoria Catherwood, MS, RDN: Remaining Strong Challenge After Challenge
Throughout her time at Loma Linda University, Victoria faced big difficulty after difficulty. Problems appeared endless, but she remained connected and grateful to God through it all.
40. Jaime Martin, MS, RD: When Cancer Took Over, But Victory Prevailed
Jaime was working as a clinical dietitian in Guam. Although she loved working on this beautiful island, she was homesick and missed her family immensely. God had an interesting way of bringing Jaime back home.
39. Fay Kazzi, PhD, MS, RDN: The Story Behind the Earthy Canvas Vegan Cookbook
After finishing her doctoral degree, Fay Kazzi needed an outlet to let her creative energy and juices flow. What transpired was an amazing project that would have normally cost close to $100,000 to complete. However, in her case, that wasn’t the case. It was completed for way less due to her multi-talents.
Fay Kazzi's website: www.theearthycanvas.com
Podcast: TheVirtuePantry Podcast
38. Holly Hungerford Cocking, MA, RDN, SNS: Her Amazing Come Back from an Unsure State
Contact Holly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
37. Tea Break Episode: Toni Marinucci MS, RDN: Helping People Heal Their Relationship with Food
Although Toni Marinucci lives clear out on the east coast, she is one dietitian who is helping many people all over the world. Toni is passionate in guiding individuals to a safe place of food freedom and appreciating their bodies.
Podcast: Tips with Toni
36. Tea Break Episode: James Lucas, MS, RDN, CSSD: Building Up That Immune System
Connect with James:
35. Tea Break Episode: To Count or Not to Count!
Numbers are interesting. It can be helpful and on the other hand, not as helpful? Can it help one on their health journey or not? Listen in and let me share with you what I think.
34. Tea Break Episode: Tatiana Keay, MS, RDN: Her exciting new book is out!
Tatiana Keay, MS, RDN specializes in gastrointestinal medical conditions; however, her beyond her specialty is her love and passion to help people achieve longevity. To help people achieve this goal, she has started by creating a tool that will help others as they embark on taking their quality of life to a whole new level.
Order Tatiana's book at:
33. Tea Break Episode: Katrina Detter, RDN-Mindful eating and intuitive eating
Katrina Detter shares from her own personal life experience the difficulties she grew up with body image since a very young tender age. Today she has successfully broken free from the shackles that bound her for many years. Her hope, goal and passion in life is to help and free others from the same type of bondage she experienced.
Connect with Katrina on the following social media platforms:
facebook: Live Better with Kat Detter
32. Krystal Gheen, DrPH, RDN: Career on Pause to Give Full Attention to a Special Calling
Krystal Gheen had a great strategic plan for her career and was able to fulfill the academic portion of her vision. While achieving her terminal degree, Krystal came to an important realization of where God wants her to channel her energies for the current stage in her life.
31. Dietetic Student Megan Williams: Addressing Determination, Mental Health & Speaking from a Biracial Viewpoint
Megan Williams recently graduated from Loma Linda University with a masters of science degree in nutrition and dietetics. The next step for her is to take the big board exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist. Her determination has certainly paid off!
30. Tea Break-Katie Spada, RDN: Fueling Former Athletes
IG handle: @fuel.former.athletes
29. Tea Break: Listen, Learn and Take Action with Dietetic Student Shawnyse Debaun
28. Dietetic Student Cenida GomezFlores: Looking at Closed Doors in a Positive Light
Cenida GomezFlores is a nutrition and dietetics masters student at Loma Linda University. She shares how she had to exercise patience in finding her true calling in life.
27. Tea Break; Authentically Looking for the Blessings in These Difficult Times
26. Earl Macaso, RDN, CNSC: Making the Leap into a Non-Traditional Dietitian Role
Earl Macaso was comfortable working in the hospital; however, he felt he needed a different scenery. He shares how he went about seeking this goal and how he is thriving in this different area of nutrition. Earl shares wonderful nutrition tips as well as great advice for moving forward in life.