By Liz Kay
lizkaythediaryOct 30, 2021
Unmindful Motivational Quotes
In this podcast rendition of my blog post "Unmindful Motivational Quotes," I discuss "motivational" quotes that fall flat and display toxic positivity, followed by a discussion of ways I have found productive for me in combatting intrusive negative thoughts and increasing positivity.
Links Mentioned in the Podcast:
- verywellmind - What Is Toxic Positivity? //
- Mayo Clinic - Positive thinking: Stop negative self-talk to reduce stress //
- PsychCentral - Stuck in the Negatives? 15 Cognitive Distortions To Blame //
- lizkaythediary (me!) - 6 Quick Tips for Building/Restoring Self-Esteem //
- lizkaythediary (me again!) - An Attitude of Radical Gratitude (also available as a podcast here!)
An Attitude of Radical Gratitude
An Attitude of Radical Gratitude So I've been practicing something I personally call "radical gratitude" and it has CHANGED my life. I outline exactly how I do this here and the effects it has had for me and others as well. This post has been well received, for which I am thankful as I put a lot of time and thought into it because I truly want to help others change their lives since I figured out what works for me....
This episode is also available as a blog post: https://lizkaythediary.life/2020/11/15/radical-gratitude/
Reflecting Upon a Summer Sunset
So last Friday, nature beckoned to me and I ended up watching my first summer sunset - at the very end of it. While watching, I ended up reflecting on everything... What started out a bit melancholic for me ended up being a beautiful experience, which I would like to share with you all.
Blog links and social media: https://lizkaythediary.life/links/
This episode is also available as a blog post: https://lizkaythediary.life/2021/08/29/a-summer-sunset/