By LTC Podcast
LTC One-to-OneSep 28, 2023
AI for Everyone with Dr. Monica Burns
Brian and Matt discuss some of the tech they’re thankful for, then chat with Dr. Monica Burns about ways that any educator might use artificial intelligence. The episode wraps up with the LTC’s Eric Santos, who describes how educators can use A.I. in several readily available tools.
Mentioned in this episode
- Tech We’re Thankful For Video
- Interview with Dr. Monica Burns
- Sneaky AI with Eric Santos
AI & Digital Citizenship with Mike Ribble
Dr. Mike Ribble, author of a number of works on digital citizenship, joins us to discuss the role of digital citizenship and digital literacy as we all come to grips with the age of artificial intelligence. We’ll look at how educators, administrators, parents, and families can work together to help students understand and adapt to an AI-infused world. We’ll also take a look back at NIU STEM Fest with Dr. Kristen Brynteson from episode 1.
Mike Ribble, Ed.D. (Contact Dr. Ribble)
Dr. Kristin Brynteson: email@example.com
Gaining STEAM with Kristin Brynteson
Learn about the latest in edtech with the Learning Technology Center of Illinois, hosted by Brian Bates and Matt Jacobson.
In this episode:
- Your hosts introduce the podcast.
- Dr. Kristen Brynteson discusses the NIU STEAM Program.
- Sarah Phelps from LTC outlines some STEM/STEAM resources for educators.
- Ben Sondgeroth from LTC answers a mailbag question about supporting edtech PD in schools.
Do you have a question for the LTC to answer on-air? Check out the Poll and Q&A in Spotify, or drop your question into the LTC Mailbag (Google Form).
Links & Resources (document)
- NIU STEAM
- NIU STEAM Team
- NIU STEAM Education Framework
- NIU STEAM Camps
- NIU STEAM YouTube Channel
- NIU STEAM Programs & Events
- STEM Fest 2023
- Get Involved
- Hot Pink Tech
STEM/STEAM Program Resources
Engineering Design Process (Teach engineering CU)
CS4MS- Computer Science Integration Guides for grades K-6
Code.org CS Connections
Picture Perfect STEM- NSTA Bookstore
STEM Integration Planning Sheet (make a copy)