Cardigan & Collar
By North American Lutheran Seminary (NALS)
Cardigan & CollarNov 02, 2023
In this episode, the Rev. Dr. Joel Scandrett joins Dr. Luy and Pastor Lee as they explore the role of catechesis in Christian formation. They delve into the historical and theological significance of catechesis, drawing from early Christian and Reformation traditions. Dr. Scandrett highlights the importance of classic catechisms like the Apostles' Creed, the Lord's Prayer, and the Ten Commandments in shaping Christian identity and understanding. The episode emphasizes the dynamic relationship between catechists and students and the need to integrate catechesis within the worshipping community. Dr. Scandrett's insights offer a compelling perspective on the ongoing relevance of catechesis in nurturing Christian discipleship.
- Historical context and theological foundations of catechesis
- The role of classic catechetical topics in Christian formation
- The importance of dynamic catechist-student relationships
- Integrating catechesis within the worshipping community
- The ongoing significance of catechesis in Christian discipleship
- Dr. Joel Scandrett – Associate Professor of Historical Theology at Trinity School for Ministry
- Dr. David Luy
- Pastor Maurice Lee
- The North American Lutheran Seminary's summer interterm class on "Word and Sacrament Mission in a Post-Christian World," taught by Dr. Dan Alger
- SE 1 | EP 2: Catechesis in the Early Church with Dr. Alex Fogleman coming next month
To learn more about the North American Lutheran Seminary, visit www.thenals.org
Why theology for the church?
Join Professor David Luy and Pastor Maurice Lee in the debut episode of Cardigan & Collar. In this conversation they set the stage for a unique journey exploring the crossroads of theology and pastoral ministry while they share their vision for the podcast.
Get ready for a compelling exploration, as theology and ministry come together in this exciting inaugural episode!