Neurodiverse Love with Mona Kay
By Neurodiverse Love with Mona Kay
Neurodiverse Love with Mona KaySep 12, 2023
Self Discovery, Personal Growth, and Discernment-Eva Mendes
During this episode with author, licensed therapist and coach, Eva Mendes, we talk about how our neurodiverse relationships can serve as a mirror to opportunities for self-discovery and personal growth. We also discuss many other important topics including:
- Understanding and working on your own issues.
- Nature, nurture, family of origin and personality traits.
- Aligned values and life goals.
- Keeping score isn't healthy. Let things go so they don't build up.
- Monitor negative talk about yourself and your partner.
- Remembering why you chose your partner and the importance of reconnecting.
- Do positive self-talk and create a gratitude list about your partner.
- Work on understanding recurring patterns so you can change them.
- Have "micro-dialogues".
- Understanding each other's "conversation battery".
- Things to consider before you start dating or get serious.
- Be the type of partner you want to attract.
- Increase your self-esteem.
- The importance of mutual respect, conflict resolution skills, and meeting their friends and learning about their community.
- Being open and willing to get help when needed.
- Being flexible and fluid.
- Is it emotionally safe to talk about the things that are important to each of you.
- Be true to yourself. Be willing to grow. Value yourself.
If you would like to contact Eva you can reach her at: https://www.eva-mendes.com/
Eva's books are:
- Marriage and Lasting Relationships with Asperger's (Autism Spectrum Disorder). Successful Strategies for Couples or Counselors.
- Gender I