Neurodiverse Love with Mona Kay
By Neurodiverse Love with Mona Kay
Neurodiverse Love with Mona KayJan 24, 2023
Self Discovery, Personal Growth, and Discernment-Eva Mendes
During this episode with author, licensed therapist and coach, Eva Mendes, we talk about how our neurodiverse relationships can serve as a mirror to opportunities for self-discovery and personal growth. We also discuss many other important topics including:
- Understanding and working on your own issues.
- Nature, nurture, family of origin and personality traits.
- Aligned values and life goals.
- Keeping score isn't healthy. Let things go so they don't build up.
- Monitor negative talk about yourself and your partner.
- Remembering why you chose your partner and the importance of reconnecting.
- Do positive self-talk and create a gratitude list about your partner.
- Work on understanding recurring patterns so you can change them.
- Have "micro-dialogues".
- Understanding each other's "conversation battery".
- Things to consider before you start dating or get serious.
- Be the type of partner you want to attract.
- Increase your self-esteem.
- The importance of mutual respect, conflict resolution skills, and meeting their friends and learning about their community.
- Being open and willing to get help when needed.
- Being flexible and fluid.
- Is it emotionally safe to talk about the things that are important to each of you.
- Be true to yourself. Be willing to grow. Value yourself.
If you would like to contact Eva you can reach her at: https://www.eva-mendes.com/
Eva's books are:
- Marriage and Lasting Relationships with Asperger's (Autism Spectrum Disorder). Successful Strategies for Couples or Counselors.
- Gender Identity, Sexuality and Autism. Voices from Across the Spectrum
- Armchair Conversations on Love and Autism: Secrets of Happy Neurodiverse Couples (will be published in Spring, 2024)
_______________________________________________________ If you would like to buy a digital deck of the "Neurodiverse Love Conversation Cards", or the recently released "Neurodiverse Love Conversation Card Workbook", or you want to subscribe to the Neurodiverse Love newsletter, or get more information about the support groups that Mona facilitates for neurodiverse couples, or the neurotypical/non-autistic partners, check out her website at: www.neurodiverse love.com, or send her an email at: email@example.com
Beginning on 1/23/24, Mona Kay and Sarah Swenson are offering a 4 week interactive workshop for the non-autistic/neurotypical partners titled "I Love My Partner and Still Struggle to Imagine a Healthy Future Together". The cost is ONLY $297 and there are limited spaces available. If you are interested in joining us, please click here.
Thank you for being part of the Neurodiverse Love community!
Being Our Authentic Selves in Our Relationships-Mona and Olga
Not understanding ourselves, our partners, or their lived experiences.
Our perception can change our r