Power Spread Football with Drew Pagliari
By Power Spread
Power Spread Football with Drew PagliariApr 30, 2022
2023 ACC Championship - FSU vs Louisville
2023 AAC Championship- Tulane vs SMU
2023 B12 Championship - Texas vs Oklahoma State
2023 SEC Championship- Alabama vs Georgia
2023 P12 Championship - Oregon vs Washington
Stats & Schedules - An enlightened or delusional way to assess games?
B10 Championship- Michigan vs Iowa
The Game - Review
The Game - Halftime Report
2023 THE GAME - One Last Time!
2023 Podcast Playoffs Season 3
2023 XFL PLAYOFFS: SOUTH DIVISION - DC HBCU PS Multiple vs Seattle PS Flex
DC Defenders - HC Reggie Barlow
- NFL Pro Spread + HBCU PS
- OC Fred Kaiss HBCU PS Multiple O!
Cat Coleman - HBCU PS Multiple
- Michigan Kipke & Crisler
- Dutch Meyer & Sid Gillman
- JOHN MERRITT (Joe Giliam Sr)
- Johnnie Coles HOBO
- Archie Cooley Run&Gun
- Bill Walsh > Sam Wyche No Huddle
Seattle Sea Dragons - HC Jim HaslettPS Flex
- June Jones PSRS
- Jim Haslett PS Flex D
Seattle will be tough, but rooting for DC/Houston XFL CH!
2023 XFL PLAYOFFS: NORTH DIVISION - Houston PS vs Arlington Pro
DIVISION WINNERS - Coolest Staffs + Schemes!
- Houston Wade Phillips (Son of Bum!) w/ AJ Smith.
- Reggie Barlow w/ Fred Kaiss (HBCU) + Gregg Williams (NFL).
WADE PHILLIP'S DEFENSIVE VARIETY
- Bum's 3-4 Slash/Blitz M2M
- DC Brian Stewart's Role in Wade's Evolution
-Dom Capers Zone Blitz Effect on Wade!
-Recent Experience - Patricia + Aranda
- DL Coach Bill Johnson's Incredible Experience
-JJ,Kines(Joe Lee Dunn!), Davie, Tubberville
-Wade, JLMora, Spagnuolo, The Ryans
AJ SMITH'S AIR&SHOOT OFFENSE!
- Doug Pederson his HS Coach!
- R&S - Tiger > June!
- AR - Hal Mumme himself!
- AJ's own unique Aggressive Variety.
HOUSTON BIG FAVORITE
- Wade's D / AJ's PSAS vs Stoops & Hayes Brothers Pro PS.
- Arlington = Talent + Experience, but disappointing scheme's.
- Houston took more chances at pushing the envelope.
- Will Stoop's and his staff pull out all the stops for the Playoffs?
2023 MM WRAP - The State of College Basketball, Sport, our World: We Overweight what's Easily Available.
Quick access leads to lazy thinking leads to gross mis-judgment.
- Helter Skelter or absolute Chaos?
- Great, Good, or Poor Quality of Basketball?
UConn's Run in the Tournament
- Do Double Digit Wins tell the whole story?
- Who takes TIME to watch, analyze, form original thought?
- Are there 2 Teams creating results or only the 1 focused upon?
Massive Player Transition every Year going forward
- What this may mean for the Quality of the Game.
- Parity may suit the Mass Addictive Nature of our Society?
- Is the Extra Time it takes for the Big Picture worth it anymore?
- Disappointing North Carolina + Fans.
- Greatest Game + Players of the Tournament.
MARQUISE NOWELL - Mr NYC!
- Great Coaches adjusting to the new landscape.
- What's next for Basketball, Football, our World?... CHANGE
Power Spread / Helter Skelter / Pure Chaos .... ??
2023 NCAA MEN'S NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - San Diego State vs UConn: 20m before GameTime!
Can the Aztecs really pull this out??
Is Charle's Barkley right?
Can that Culture of Toughness do this??
They will need to make shots and go Helter Skelter!
Do they have the Energy left for One More Improbable Win???
2023 March Madness NC - UConn an all time Great Team?
DOES SDST HAVE ANY CHANCE?
0m: One Chance = CULTURE of TOUGHNESS
3:30m: Shout Out to KSmith/CBarkley
- All Commentating great this year!
- Jay Wright
-Been great this year!
-Don't agree SDST ORebounding won game!
9m: SDST Punched & Dazed FAU!
- FAU needed that 1 or 2 plays in last 10m!
- Breakdown of all the plays they missed!
10:30m: UConn's Year
- SDST may look good at one point in 1st Half.
- Looks like another runaway late - possibly biggest blowout.
SO IS UCONN A GREAT TEAM?
12m: A good team playing Great?
- Lost to Marquette in Conf Tournament.
- REAL NC GAME = MSU vs KState
- No one else in this field beats those teams that night.
- UConn maybe- would have been a great matchup!
SHOUT OUT TO THE WOMEN!
14m: LISA BLUDER HS BBALL @ IOWA!
15:30m: KIM MULKEY
16m: Athletic Transfers vs CClark HS Team!
ARGUMENT AGAINST UCONN GREATNESS
17m: North Carolina the potential Great Team this year.
- Hugely Dissapointing along with Dayton.
18m: UConn's great Leadership = NBA greats?
19m: Luck of the Draw in Age of Parity
- Iona looked like better team 1st Half!
- Arkansas & Gonzaga simply not good!
MIAMI BAD GAME
21m: Miami had a tougher Draw - 12/4/2/1 Seeds!
- Fatigue + Pressure + UConn
- HS late, but not enough Depth - Tired at End.
24:30m: UConn's Best Game / Best Defense yet!
25:30m: Hurley's OSets are just Incredible again!
- Buzzer 3 at end of 1st Half!
- M2M Press Contest on the Perimeter!
- M2M Pack in 2nd Half!
27m: Game played out like I predicted.
UCONN ROSTER TURNOVER!
27:30m: Lost 8 guys / 3 Starters from last year!
- Sonego Progress - Hawkins Explosion!
- Jackson perfect leader 2nd Half!
- Good team playing Great!
31m: Miami Transfers great too, but not as great.
FAU THE BETTER TEAM!
32m: FAU's Fortunate Draw finally hurt them.
- Weren't prepped for the late SDST Punch Power!
- Knew w/ 5m left they were in trouble - Dazed!
34m: Love all the F4 Coaches!
- Dusty May Interview!
35m: FAU had the best chance to beat UConn!
- Team Spread D - Run & Shoot!
- SDST Need Shooters!
-Bradley / Seiko is it!
SDST OLD MAN CULTURE
36m: Back to the great 2019-20 Team!
- Player turnover in '21/'22.
- Everyone back + 3 Top Transfers!
- Two top Freshman for next yrs hopefully.
40m: SDST's Draw - Easy Early - Tough Late!
- The Value of a Perfect Draw - Good Prep!
41:30: No Fatigue - but maybe huge Letdown now!
- Could be a terrible Blowout Tonight!
- Then simpleton view = UConn one of greatest ever!
WHAT SDST NEEDS TO DO
42:30m: Make Ugly Game!
- Helter Skelter!
-Defense + Rebounding + Physical Toughness!
- Needs Energy! Will they have anything left??
- No Energy = Bad D - Missed Shots - Huge Ugly Blowout!
IN AGE OF PARITY IT'S UCONN'S YEAR
43:30m: Timing of the Draw + Team!
- Plus a long tine Great Coach!
- MSU or KState or even FAU - hmmm...
44:30m: Age of Parity = Chaos or Helter Skelter!?
- Off Court Helter Skelter w/ Transfers+Money!
- More On Court Helter Skelter as well!
WHAT IS AN ALL-TIME GREAT?
46m - UConn wins NC 2 yrs in a row?
- Bring all their guys back - naww, but...
- Then that's an All-Time Great Team!
47:30m - Compared to Football Great Teams.
48m - SDST - never know...?
- Should have lost last 2 games.
- Close late? Still UConn due to Leadership!
49m - 2022-23 Season Review Podcast next!
2023 March Madness F4 - How good is UConn?
UCONN - An In-Depth Look.
0m: UConn - All Time Great Team?
6m: What do I mean by Helter Skelter?
8m: A look at the F4 Coaches from HS view.
19m: UConn Player + Team Breakdown.
UCONN MM GAMES - Better than it looked?
- Iona better team 1st Half.
- UConn Bad Intentions 2nd Half - Iona No Depth.
26m: ST. MARY'S
- Dukas injured in 1st Half.
- Hurley Defensive Adjustment 2nd Half.
- Arkansas Inconsistent (New Players + Injs) all yr.
- Kansas Letdown Predictable.
- Zags have the Talent, not the Team.
- Bad Energy in 3 out of last 4 Halves of BBall!
- Still a close 1st Half vs an average Zags Team!
- Watson stops Sonego 1on1 first play 2nd Half!
- Timme picks up 4th Foul and Zags fall apart!?
UCONN THIS WEEKEND - F4 Matchups...?
38m: UConn vs Miami
40m: SDSt vs FAU
43m: WHO HITS THEIR SHOTS?
- Depth + Confidence + Attitude.
- FAU best shot in crazy MM!
OSU WOMEN'S BBALL - Helter Skelter!
44m: Coach McGuff stayed the course!
45m: OSU vs UConn 2008 in MSG - Prahalis!
46m: Play the way Naismith would have loved!
F4 MEN & WOMEN
47m: UConn Men, not Women, are the big favs. We will see...
2023 March Madness S16 - Two Wild Endings - One Incredible Game!
How does one define good Offense vs Defense?
- MSU/KSU great all around!
- Zags = Tale of 2 Halves on D!
How does one define a great Game or Team?
- MSU/KSU = Great Game!
- Zags/UCLA = Ok Game w/ great ending!
- UConn = Top Team vs a No-Show.
- FAU = Tough Team vs a Flat Team.
- Newell, Walker and Massoud!
- Jay Wright knows NYC Tough!
- Kenny Smith!
- Tom Izzo! https://youtu.be/PsyTifW63ds
- Will KState have enough Emotion in the Tank?
- Does the Timing continue to work perfectly for FAU?
- Have Zags turned the corner Defensively?
- Is UConn as good a everyone thinks?
- Will Zags finally win it all now that everyone's given up!?
XFL Game of the Week 1 - Vegas @ Arlington
The Good - Great Opening Drives
-Shockingly better than early season '22 USFL.
-Canella drop pass almost as shocking!
The Bad - Offenses struggled through rest of Game
-Vipers good Scheme, but not on same page.
-Renegades very bland scheme.
-Both DSchemes ok w/ good players.
-Vipers Oline struggled.
The Ugly - 4 straight turnovers to start 2nd Half
-Three (1 Pick6) by Vipers that let to 12 pts
-One more Pick6 by Vipers = winning score
-Last Drive by Vipers = Another Perez TD Pass.
-Great DCoverage Scheme + Execution last 2 Plays
- Switch to Tampa4 + Barnes rush to stop 2pt for Tie!
- Cover 7 Match on 4th&15 last play - Big Hit Payne!
2023 XFL - FIRST EVER DRIVE - Exactly the same as the USFL last year...but better!!
SAME QB - LUIS PEREZ - TD PASS ON FIRST DRIVE!
- INCREDIBLE SYNCHRONICITY!
- Better Quality due to XFL Prep Time!
- Spring Football here to stay this time!
Taylor's Full PS Pro O vs Dishman's 2-4 D!
- Great Spread(AR+WCO) Passing!
- Mixed Tempo and Heavy 4 TE Sets!
Perez looks great!
- Shaky Oline, but great Skill Players!
- Some big time players on D, but Perez + Taylor too good!
- High Quality so early on in the Season!
2023 XFL - Orlando Guardians
TERRELL BUCKLEY - Great Latent Ability as a DC & HC
- Robert Ford - Diverse Offensive Background
- Buckley's Grantham ZB + Durkin 3-2 Influence
- Great mix of Vets + Young Proteges on the Staff
OFFENSE - Pro PS or PS Pro
- FCU/HBCU Small College Talent
- Volatile Potential @ Skill Positions
- OLine that needs time to develop
- NFL Vets Latimer & Rogers
DEFENSE - 4-3/3-3/3-2 Hybrid
- SEC Talent + Small College
- Depth + Flexible Variety
- NFL Vets Elam & Smith
- WC Harvey-Clemons
Most interesting last place team I've ever seen!
- Special Teams could be Special!
- Could make Playoffs, but a lot has to go right.
- Buckley an innovative type of mind.
- Could be another San Antonio = Next Year!
2023 XFL - DC Defenders
REGGIE BARLOW: HBCU + NFL
Culture + Potential
- OC Fred Kaiss PS Multiple
- DC Gregg Williams NFL
Skill Positions - Strong Depth + Potential
- Great QB Room led by experienced Ta'amu
- Strong RB Group - Power + Speed
- Changeover, but Big Play Potential @ WR
- Depth @ TE
- Changeover + lack of Depth @ OLine
-Biggest ? on the Team!
Best Depth in the League
- Potentially Dynamic Front 7
-Edge Rushers + Speedy LBs
- Solid to Dynamic DBs
-Late Bloomers at CB + SS!
No Weaknesses with Potential to be Dynamic!
DC = Talent, Technique, Scheme
- Best QB Room in the League!
- Offensive Skill one of the Best!
- Defense could be one of the Best!
- DC goes as far as their OLine lets them!
DC will make a Playoff Run and possibly make the Ch Game!
- Great Clutch Kicker in McCrane and Big Leg Punter!
- Will win close games and get in Playoffs!
- If OLine is strong at end of yr, then a Championship Team!
2023 XFL - San Antonio Brahmas
Hines Ward - Great Potential - Long Term rather than Short Term Vision.
COACHES - Experience + Talent - ProPS
- Jaime Elizondo = CFL Pass Spread Concept
- Jimmie Johnson = NFL Power Run Spread Concept
- Jim Herrmann = Experienced Hybrid 4-3/2-4
OFFENSE - Massive Talent Search for TEAM EVOLUTION
- 4 QBs drafted - Biggest Potential - Russo - Cut!
- One of Top RB Groups in XFL!
- Avg WRs + OLine - Much turnover in Camp.
DEFENSE - Overreached for NFL Talent - Immediate potential.
- LB: Best leadership + Skills on the Team.
- DL: Talented / High Energy Edge Rushers w/ Big Interior!
- DB: Experience + Speed @ CB. Big Athletic Ss!
DEPTH - Everywhere except big CBs
- Kickers: 1 Rusty Vet + 1 Rookie = Unpredictable.
- Returners: Speed Talent Depth
San Antonio = Best Representation of the XFL in 2024!
Too many Questions this year:
- Need Dual Threat QB + Positionless Athletes.
- Strong Athletic OLine for Power Run Game!
- D could grow into something special!
HINES WARD = XFL FOOTBALL!
Positive Culture + Dynamic Athletes + Team Building = Evolution
2023 XFL - Houston Roughnecks
Houston - #1 most Interesting XFL Team of 2023!
AJ Smith finding AR + R&S Players!
- Guys he coached.
- Guys he knows thru other coaches.
- Guys he coached against!
Wade Phillips finding Players fit his Scheme.
- Edge Rushers / Gap Slashers / Run Stuffers
- Quick ILBs + NB
- Strong Coverage CBs
Houston Personnel most unpredictable in the XFL
- Offense = Inexperienced Potential!
- Defense = Experienced Players at a Crossroads
Schemes + Unpredictable Potential = Best Follow for 2023!
- Could have an up and down year..
- Make a run and win it all at the end...
- Too many injuries - not enough depth...
- Will Pick as 2nd playoff Team in the Division
AJ Smith Air & Shoot!
- Too soon to call PSAS or PSAS Pro
2023 XFL - St Louis BattleHawks
Anthony Becht very inexperienced in the Coaching Profession
- All about the Players getting to the NFL!
- NFL Schemes - Pro PS WC Hybrid + Bowles PS D
Offense has a ton of potential everywhere!
- Vet QB w/ a lot of NFL Experience.
- Big Talented Power RBs!
- Big Talented Olineman!
- Big + Fast + Shifty + Experienced WRs!
- A lot of Run Power to go with the Pro Pass Spread!
Defense - what will the scheme really be?
- Bowles = Aggressive Flexible Variety - not just Agg!
- Talent not the same potential on D.
- Some good players but nothing stands out.
- Not a lot of experience either.
A potentially top Punter in NFL Draft Pick Sterling Hofrichter.
St Louis has great chance for Playoff Spot behind a strong Pro PS Offense!
2023 XFL - Seattle Sea Dragons
Vet Coaches led by Jim Haslett plus a lot of Talented Youngsters w/ couple of NFL Vets!
Randy Mueller - Player Development - Players Need a Place!
Offense = June Jones Power Shoot!
- Football to help grow the Community...
- Strong RBs / Pass Spread QB / OLine Talent.
- WR Depth + Gordon!
Defense = Positionless Aggressive Variety!
- Active DLineman + Front 7 Depth!
- Strong CBs + Speed at S for Mix of Coverage/Pressure!
- Can move all these players around - Mix & Match!
Seattle has the Talent, Coaching and Vision for a Playoff Spot or even become the Top Team in the League!
2023 XFL - Vegas Vipers
Ron Woodson and his veteran staff!
- Duane Taylor - exciting young PS OC!
- DC Chris Dishman showed well in USFL last yr!
Talent - a mix of young and old.
- QB Perez did well in USFL.
-Great story - from Bowler to QB!
- Beasley off the edge!
- Bryant and Allison - do they still got it!?
Team could be very good or average to bad..?
- Oline is the big question on O.
- Some big names attempting comebacks.
2023 XFL - Arlington Renegades
My first XFL Team Breakdown.
Starting off with the 2023 XFL Favorite!
Stoops & Hayes back together!
- Stoops the only HC from XFL 2020.
- Hayes also a HC in XFL 2020.
- Stoops going back to his PS Days!
-Guys he had from Leach/Wilson/Mangino days.
-Hayes was running PS in 2020 - Stoops Pro.
- This Staff + Front Office are old Stoops or XFL guys.
Offenses behind the Defenses early.
- USFL very shaky start last year.
- XFL more prep - should be stronger.
Players from all over - including USFL!
- Looks like stronger talent to start.
- Arlington may have found some gems.
- A PS QB and a Heupel type!?
- Strong RBs/Oline for PS!
- Aggressive Zone Blitz style 3-4.
-Steelers/LeBeau guy in Lewis!
-Interesting talent - USFL!
-Stoops Dad an early ZB guy!
Arlington the overall favorite to win it all!
- Coaches = Spring Experience!
- Player Experience including SpTeams!
- Talent + Schemes.
- Stoops the right idea - Player/Fan FUN!
XFL - Rock-n-Roll!! Lets Go!
- 2001: Xtreme
- 2020: Xperimental
- 2023: Xroads
All about the Players & Coaches @ Crossroads
- Pre-Draft QB Allocations!
- Still Experimental Rules!
- Still Extreme Fun for the Fans!
PS = Space Time Team
- Space = Organization, Schemes (USFL)
- Time = Rule Changes (XFL > USFL)
- Team = Players + Coaches (XFL)
- XFL = Fun for Fans!
- USFL = Football OG - Purity of the Game
XFL more prep compared to 2022 USFL
- Better Quality early on
- Too soon after SB into March Madness
XRoads - Coaches(4) Interview
- 2 NFL Players = 1st Time HCs + GMs!
- Great DC = not so prime time HC!
- College HC = ready for the Big Leagues!
XFL moves to April next year? Summer Bowl w/ USFL??
Spring Football - What the heck's going on!?
Football Leagues throughout our History!
Past Spring Leagues and why they didn't last.
Why Spring Football is going to stay around this time.
Differences between XFL and USFL and how they compliment each other.
- X stands for ...
-Take1: Extreme - Fans!
-Take2: Experimental - Rules!
-Take3: Crossroads - Players!
- USFL = Old School Football!
-OG - All about the Game, not BS!
-Using Experimental Rules - Good Talent.
February 26, 2023
2023 Podcast Season 3 Begins!
2023 - Plans for Off-Season Football!
-NFL SB Breakdown
-College Football Playoffs Breakdowns
-XFL Team Previews (Game of Week?)
-NFL Breakdown of Specific Teams
-College Bowl Reviews
-USFL Team Previews (Game of Week?)
-NFL Team Previews + Game of Week
-College Conf Previews + Game of Week
SUPER BOWL LVII: Chiefs over Eagles
EAGLES LOSS DUE TO COVERAGE BREAKDOWNS
- Not one Penalty.
- Have to look at the WHOLE Game.
GREAT OFFENSE vs GOOD DEFENSE
- Eagles less Agg DScheme = Over-Agg Defenders.
- Chiefs a lot of Rookie DBs.
- Reid's Brilliance - never takes the credit!
- Eagles = Powerful PS Offense.
PHILLY BEST TEAM IN 2022 - Chiefs won SB 57
- Philly hadn't played anyone of this caliber.
- Philly had a chance to run away, but didnt.
TOUGH LOSS - BRIGHT FUTURE
- Sirianni could end up a great HC!
- Bengals vs Eagles next year!?
SUPER BOWL LVII: Chiefs vs Eagles - Pick 'Em
Chiefs Experienced Coaching Staff
- Reids Full Pro PS Offense!
Eagles Inexperienced Culture, but a BROTHERHOOD!
- PS Pro Offense - HURT'S LEGS!
- Speedy Defense w/ Depth!
GAME PREDICTION = TOSS UP!
- Eagle's Emotional + Mental Composure?
-Up & Down in Ch Game
-Lots of blown coverages and letdowns!
- Chiefs Physical + Mental Composure?
-Really beat up vs Cincy
-Well great Rookies let down late?
- Will Wind have an effect on Deep Passes?
- Chiefs can be patient w/ run + WCO
- Eagles run game, but need deep shots
SUPER BOWL 57 Preview - Chiefs FULL PS PRO vs Eagles PS Pro
Difference between PRO and PS Schemes and how it effects Culture
The Simplicity of PS Schemes and Culture vs PRO
The Simplicity of the Eagles vs the Chiefs
- Eagles Run more pure PS Schemes
-PS more Simple than PRO
-Does Intricacy = Brilliance?
-Does Simple = Genius?
- More Intricacy does require more Film Study.
The Simplicity of the Eagles Progression
- Chip Kelly to Doug Pederson to Nick Sirianni.
-PS Culture Intro to NFL
-Maximizing that Culture in PS PRO
-Going step further w/ college PS Pro
SUPER BOWL 57 Preface - Playoff Recap + SB First Impressions
A Quick Review on all the 2023 NFL Playoff Season heading into the BIG GAME.
A look at the Chiefs big win over the Bengals
- Oline issues w/ the Bengals
- Buffalo Snow Bowl misleading!
- Last year's Championship was somewhat of a fluke
- Huge Letdown KC after one of greatest games ever!
Quick early Preview of the 2023 Super Bowl
- Chiefs are still the team to beat!
- Eagles had the best year in the NFL!
- GREAT MATCHUP
- 2 Great Os: FULL PS PRO vs Pure PS Pro
- 2 Top Ds: Spags Mix vs Gannon Surprise-Attack
- 2 Strong Kickers: KC - Great Punter + Return Game
- Toss Up for now...more to come...
2023 AFC CH Review - Chiefs over Bengals
Bengals over Bills = Overrated Win
Chiefs loss last year = Overrated Loss
Spags vs Anarumo - Amazing Stuff!
- Anarumo Positionless Football Late!
Reid vs Zac - Just as Amazing
- Mahomes put on a Show!
- Bengals are and have been the Real Deal!
- Burrow played maybe his best game yet!
OMG THE INJURIES - WILL THE CHIEFS BE READY FOR SB57!?
2023 NFC CH Review - Eagles over 49ers
2022 49ERS - A TOP TEAM WITH A LOT OF INJURIES
-Purdy then JJ out!
-Mac + Bosa Calf Injuries
-Warner out then back in
EAGLES EMOTIONAL SWINGS
- Special Teamers #28/#27 out of control!
- Offense flat after Purdy Injury!?
-Pumped it up late in Half after Mac TD
-Went Flat again at times in 2nd Half
- Defense over confident after injury.
EAGLES MENTAL BREAKDOWNS
-Hurts missing Checkdowns / Long Throws
-Sanders missing Holes/Gaps
-Egregious Match Coverage Errors!
-Over-Agg on Gap Integrity
-Overall Concentration Lapses w/ Lead
EXCUSE - NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
-Super Bowl even more hype!
-Chiefs experienced in SB atmosphere
-SB may not go their way
-They may need Emotional Integrity
-They may need to keep Focused
2023 AFC CH Preview - Bengals at Chiefs
BIG ? - MAHOMES (Kelce)
Will DCs Spags & Anarumo (Bettcher) be consistently Aggressive?
Chiefs Rookie DBs vs Chase & Higgins in Wind!
Mahomes horizontal spread WCO game on bad Ankle...
Burrow Quick Game w/ LT + RG issues in Pass Pro...
TOSS UP GAME!
- More Defense than we think?
- More run games from both teams?
- Ks Butker vs McPherson?
BENGALS MORALE/CONFIDENCE SO STRONG!
- Like Ravens Game they find a way?
- Could Roll if Mahomes gimpy or D not Agg?
- Chiefs win at home if Mahomes plays HERO!
2023 NFC CH Preview - 49ers at Eagles
EAGLES - Pure PS Offense- 1st in NFL
49ERS - WCPST Futuristic Offense using Old Principles
Two Strong PS Defenses: Speed+Execution
-Near Perfect O Play Calls
-Strong Purdy Execution
-Hurts to stay Healthy
2023 NFL DIV Review - 49ers over Cowboys
GREAT AGG DEFENSIVE SCHEMES - Ryans & Quinn!
- NO RUN - Slow the Short Passes
- Make Os take Deep Shots
OFFENSE ISSUES BOTH TEAMS
- Niners Rookie QB
-Purdy up&down but potential!
-Purdy great for Shanahan O
-Great backup to Lance..?
- Cowboys not enough PS
- McCarthy / Moore Disconnect
- Zak better PS QB than WCO QB
2ND HALF ADJUSTMENTS
- Shanahan Power!
- Big Mac Attack!
- Kittle Pass Opened it Up!
- Dallas More PS, but not enough!
- Got close but couldn't get in EZ
- Maher made 2 FGs!
- Flat Ending - No Belief..Bad!
2023 NFL DIV Review - Bengals over Bills
BENGALS GREAT GAMEPLAN / EXECUTION / ENERGY / SPEED (helped in the snow!)
BILLS HAD EXECUTION BREAKDOWNS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
-New OC lining up w/ Allen
-Over Agg mistakes in the Scheme
-Tried to do too much
-Not taking what the D is giving
-A little too much trickery
-Defense had a load of Injuries!
-Begins to hurt Morale
-Resulted in Inconsistent Energy
-Ended up not being the Bills Year
-The inconsistency finally caught up
-Played a very good team playing great!
-Bills struggled a bit more in the Snow
-A little Bigger/Slower than Bengals
-Less Confidence in Scheme Execution
2023 NFL DIV Review - Eagles over Giants
-Eagles need deep shots
-Must target Goedart
-Barkley will run for yards
-Gannon will use Surprise Blitz
-IF GIANTS D IS CONSERVATIVE, THEY WILL GET KILLED
-Gannon doesn't need to mix as much, yet was more aggressive!
THIS WAS NOT A LETDOWN
-There is a Talent Disadvantage
-Giants need Scheme Advantage
Won't get it on O
Martindale needs Aggressive D
GIANTS FIRST 3 DRIVES
-No Points + Conservative D
2023 NFL DIV Review - Chiefs over Jaguars
Both DCs Spags & Caldwell - Great Gameplan / Play Calling / Schemes - hung tough vs top Offenses and Schemes of Reid and Pederson.
Mahomes Injury not the deciding factor with the great Reid FULL PRO PS O and solid backup Henne!
Jags a bit too young, but played tough to the end. Great future under Pederson!
2023 NFL DIV Preview - Cowboys at 49ers
PURDY OR DAK?
- PSWC Offenses similar
Boise WC vs Walsh WCO
- SanFran edge in Front 7
- STeams strong for both
Except K Maher...??
- SanFran slight better Schemes
- Both Cultures super strong right now!
If Purdy stays strong, the pressure will be on Prescott.
- 49ers D could take over late
If Purdy struggles - Dallas O can ride Prescott!
If it's close, K Gould will be up to the task
- Will Maher??
2023 NFL DIV Preview - Bengals at Bills
Game of the Playoffs??
- Top Talent + Experience on both Teams
-Bengals Beat Up OLine
-Bills Beat Up DLine
- Top Schemes on both sides of the Ball
-Will Bengals DC Anarumo stay aggressive?
-We know what we get from other 3 Coordinators
BILLS YO-YO CRAZY YR CONTINUES!
- Bengals Strong Confident Culture behind Burrow!
- Bills Up & Down but fight behind Allen!
BILLS AT HOME IN THE SNOW WIN A THRILLER
BENGALS TAKE CONTROL AND LOOK TO GET BACK AND WIN THEIR SUPER BOWL!
2023 NFL DIV Preview - Giants at Eagles
Eagles are the best combo in Football of Talent, Operation, Scheme = CULTURE!
Will the Layoff hurt or help.
The Giants are playing their best football and match up well, but the Eagles have the talent/depth edge overall.
Will DC Wink Martindale be allowed to scheme aggressively and give Jones, Barkley and the Giants a shot!?
2023 NFL DIV Preview - Jaguars at Chiefs
Another NFL youth movement - Chiefs amazing transition to a re-energized Super Bowl Contender once again!
Jags Culture + Pederson Schemes-- can DC Campbell stay Aggressive & will the Jags ride the emotional high of last week w/o crashing at some point during this game?
2023 NFL Divisional Playoff Preview
Is it SanFran all the way? Is Purdy too cocky or a perfect extension of Shanahan on the field?
The toss up game of the week - Bengals at Bills? Is it the Bills year finally?
Does Jacksonville have a massive letdown or do they actually have a chance?
Is the AFC SB Team the winner of the Bills/Bengals game and if so do they stand a better chance of beating SanFran or Philly?
2023 NFL WC Review - Cowboys over Buccaneers
- Bowles Defense Fights, but...
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!
- Strong Culture continues to roll!
- Kellen Moore's Boise PS PRO Scheme
- Unlike Brady, Prescott loves his OScheme!