ProcessMiner UniversityOct 14, 2021
Upskilling Manufacturing Operations with Digital Technologies
As we launch season #2 of ProcessMiner University, we are thrilled to welcome guest Dr. Asif Rana, President of Hexagon Xalt Solutions Division. Listen in as he shares with Karim Pourak, ProcessMiner Co-founder and CEO, his thoughts on upskilling manufacturing operations with digital technologies.
To learn more about ProcessMiner, visit its website at https://processminer.com/.
To learn more about Hexagon Xalt, visit its website at https://hexagonxalt.com/.
Digitizing Manufacturing Operations: Strategy or Survival?
ProcessMiner Chief Financial Officer, Tom Tulloch, sits down with Helio Samora, Founder and Managing Director of I-IoT Solutions to talk "Digitizing Manufacturing Operations: Strategy or Survival?"
Getting the Most Value and ROI from Your Factory Data
In this ProcessMiner University podcast, listen in as Doug Woods, President of the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT) shares with Tom Tulloch, ProcessMiner CCO, his thoughts on how to get more value and ROI from your factory data.
Hear how manufacturers are leveraging data to improve operations, what technologies manufacturers are investing in that seem to be delivering the most value or highest return on investment, along with advice on how to begin the digital transformation journey.
With the rise of cloud computing, it’s becoming much less expensive, faster and easier to deploy software solutions, and that includes artificial intelligence. Given this fact, and given the rapid pace of technology adoption in manufacturing, Doug will give his predictions on if we will witness a lot of M&A activity in IoT and AI before interest rates go any higher, and what manufacturing will look like in five years.
Process Monitoring for Industry 4.0
In this ProcessMiner University podcast, learn about process monitoring approaches driving industry 4.0, limitations of standard process monitoring approaches (industry 3.0), and why data is the major difference between industry 3.0 and industry 4.0.
Hear from industry experts Dr. Kamran Paynabar, CSO and co-founder, ProcessMiner, and Dr. Bill Woodall, Professor Emeritus, Statistics, Virginia Tech.
Dr. Paynabar is a Fouts Family Career Professor and Associate Professor in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Tech.
Dr. Woodall is also a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, a Fellow of the American Society for Quality, and an elected member of the International Statistical Institute.
Understanding Deep Learning - Application in Rare Event Prediction
In this ProcessMiner University podcast episode, Tom Tulloch chats with Dr. Chitta Ranjan, Director of Science at ProcessMiner, about his early life and education, what inspired him to write his book, "Understanding Deep Learning - Application in Rare Event Prediction," and the role deep learning plays in the evolution of artificial intelligence.
Those who know Dr. Ranjan, know he has a keen ability to take complex ideas and simplify them for all to understand... something he talks about during this session.
Fun fact: Throughout his experience writing this book, Dr. Ranjan became an unexpected expert chef, which he also delves into during this talk.
Listeners will walk away feeling inspired, motivated to learn something new, and maybe a little hungry.
Chitta earned his Ph.D. in Statistics from the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Tech. Prior to this, he completed his bachelor's in IE from IIT Kharagpur, India. Chitta specializes in developing real-time AI systems. He serves on multiple boards of directors in the analytics and engineering space. He has also worked at Pandora Media, and eBay.
Trends in Industrial Internet of Things: Industries Making the Biggest Investments in Industry 4.0 Digital Technologies
In this PocessMiner University podcast episode, Karim Pourak sits down with Lucian Fogoros, co-founder of IIoT-World to discuss trends in the industrial internet of things and to talk about the industries making the biggest investments in industry 4.0 digital technologies.
- Karim Pourak, Co-founder and CEO, ProcessMiner Karim Pourak has co-founded several successful startups in Biotech and AI. Currently, he is the CEO of ProcessMiner™, an AI platform for manufacturing that applies advanced data analytics, machine learning, and automation to drive improvements in product quality and process optimization.
- Lucian Fogoros, Co-founder, IIoT-World An entrepreneurial software engineer with global business leadership experience and a passion for digital transformation, Fogoros has worked in the industrial software and automation industry since 1998. He has served as the World Trade Center Cleveland Representative for Eastern Europe and as a board member for Promisepartner.biz. He currently serves on the Board of Industry Advisors, Engineering Technology, CSU, and was selected to represent the US in Europe for Technology and Services on the economic trade mission led by Dr. Samuel Bodman, U.S. Department of Commerce undersecretary.
Operational Excellence, Monetizing Factory Data, and the Execution of Quality Improvements for Top and Bottom Line Growth Opportunities
In this ProcessMiner University inaugural podcast episode, Karim Pourak, Co-Founder and CEO, ProcessMiner, sits down with Michael Walton, Director, Industry Executive (Manufacturing), Microsoft, and President, Intelligent Manufacturing Board, Purdue University, to chat everything "Operational Excellence, Monetizing Factory Data, and the Execution of Quality Improvements for Top and Bottom Line Growth Opportunities."
- Karim Pourak has co-founded several successful startups in Biotech and AI. Currently he is the CEO of ProcessMiner™, an AI platform for manufacturing that applies advanced data analytics, machine learning, and automation to drive improvements in product quality and process optimization.
- Michael Walton is the Manufacturing Industry Solution Executive from Microsoft where he collaborates with Fortune 500 manufacturers to introduce game-changing strategies and technologies into their manufacturing operations. He’s passionate about helping manufacturers capture and leverage their data, cloud, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to revolutionize every aspect of their processes.
Latest Advancements in Edge Computing: Emerging Trends Made Possible by Innovative Digital Technologies
ProcessMiner CEO, Karim Pourak, sits down with John Younes, co-founder and COO of Litmus, to talk latest advances in Edge Computing, the broad universe of IIoT and what manufacturing will look like five years from now. Listen in as John offers sage advice for starting your manufacturing digital transformation.
- Karim Pourak, Co-founder and CEO, ProcessMiner Pourak has co-founded several successful startups in Biotech and AI. Currently he is the CEO of ProcessMiner™, an AI platform for manufacturing that applies advanced data analytics, machine learning, and automation to drive improvements in product quality and process optimization.
- John Younes, Co-founder and COO, Litmus Younes is in charge of operations and growth for the company and draws on considerable experience working with start-ups and early stage companies. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Management from University of Western Ontario and a Master’s Degree in Management with a specialization in Global Entrepreneurship from EM-Lyon.
Sustainability in Manufacturing: A Conversation on Digital Trends Powering the Circular Economy
The topic of the circular economy is something we’ve all likely heard in passing, however many do not understand what exactly that means, and how it impacts business. In this ProcessMiner University episode, we sit down with Gary Robinson, CEO and Principal Consultant at Synaptic Packaging, to discuss the world of sustainability and the circular economy.
- Tom Tulloch, Chief Commercial Officer, ProcessMiner Passionately helping customers find new ways to monetize their data, Tom helps business leaders execute continuous process improvement objectives using applied artificial intelligence. A career spanning two decades of leadership and expertise in data, he is widely recognized as a data and emerging technologies expert, frequently asked to share his knowledge and expertise around new technologies shaping Industry 4.0 and the Digital Industrial Revolution.
- Gary Robinson, CEO and Principal Consultant, Synaptic Packaging Gary Robinson is the founder of Synaptic Packaging and an advisor to global brands, micro-innovators, converters, material producers and private equity. He specializes in helping companies develop meaningful sustainability strategies and product development roadmaps to achieve long-term goals. Synaptic Packaging sees sustainability as a global transformation with vast opportunities for competitive and disruptive innovation, seeking to position clients as category leaders in response to emerging business challenges. Gary is also the CEO/Founder for the start-up Xileh Corporation, which develops next generation barrier solutions for renewable materials on 3D geometries.
The Impact of AI and Autonomous Control in Pulp & Paper Manufacturing
From the days of hand-drawn statistical process control charts using rudimentary statistical process control to drive optimization, to now... robust, autonomous, closed-loop control in pulp and paper manufacturing.
Solenis’ resident Data Scientist, Cydney Rechtin, sits down with ProcessMiner's Director of Science, Chitta Ranjan, and Solenis' Product Launch Manager, Matt Callicott, to talk everything autonomous control in pulp and paper manufacturing, including overcoming obstacles to get to where we are now.
From where we've been to where we are now, and more importantly, to where we're headed in the future, listen in to this conversation with ProcessMiner and Solenis.
- Cydney Rechtin, Data Scientist, Solenis, LLC: As Solenis’ resident Data Scientist, Rechtin leverages her unique blend of paper manufacturing experience and data analytics to develop and support key analytical product developments including the OPTIX™ Applied Intelligence platform. She holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Pulp and Paper Technology from North Carolina State University and an M.S. in Analytics from Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Chitta Ranjan, Director of Science, ProcessMiner: Chitta earned his Ph.D. from the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, at Georgia Tech. Chitta works on developing real-time AI systems for manufacturing industries with the goal of making them autonomous and sustainable. He serves on multiple boards of directors in the analytics and engineering space.
- Matt Callicott, Product Launch Manager, Solenis, LLC: With more than seven years’ experience in 100+ paper mills throughout North America, Europe and Latin America, Matt works to help develop and expand the Solenis data analytics platform. He helps customers drive more accurate, data-driven solutions from the ocean of data in a dynamic manufacturing process. He holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from The Georgia Institute of Technology.
ProcessMiner University Emcee:
- Tom Tulloch, Chief Commercial Officer, ProcessMiner: Passionately helping customers find new ways to monetize their data, Tom helps business leaders execute continuous process improvement objectives using applied artificial intelligence. A career spanning two decades of leadership and expertise in data, he is widely recognized as a data and emerging technologies expert, frequently asked to share his knowledge and expertise around new technologies shaping Industry 4.0 and the Digital Industrial Revolution.