By Murphy Randle
Reason TownApr 21, 2020
Gabriel Nordeborne and Murphy on Reason Relay
# Reason Town Show Notes - Gabriel Nordeborne (26)
- How can the community support Reason Really and Gabriel?
- Give feedback
- Help cleanup the codebase
- Just use it and let him know how you feel (good or bad)!
Useful things to check out:
* Relay-dev’s guided tour
- [HTML to Reason](html.mrmurphy.dev)
- Gabriel: [Facebook’s talk on Relay-Next](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxPtYJRjLL0)
- Murphy: [Tailwind](https://tailwindcss.com/) and [Tailwind UI](https://tailwindui.com/)
Ulrik Strid and Murphy on Reason-Native Web and More
- reason-native web
- Azure pipeliens & Windows!
- [GitHub - ulrikstrid/reason-native-web: Basic toolkit for writing native web applications in reason](https://github.com/ulrikstrid/reason-native-web)
- [GitHub - ulrikstrid/reason-jose](https://github.com/ulrikstrid/reason-jose)
- [GitHub - ulrikstrid/ocaml-cookie: Working with cookies in OCaml and Reason](https://github.com/ulrikstrid/ocaml-cookie)
- [Hello Reason](https://github.com/ulrikstrid/hello-reason)
- [esy · Easy package management for native Reason, OCaml and more](https://esy.sh/)
- [GitHub - esy/pesy: Project configuration for esy](https://github.com/esy/pesy)
- Be humble!
- [GitHub - ApolloZhu/Dynamic-Dark-Mode: The smart, automatic Dark Mode toggle for macOS Mojave](https://github.com/ApolloZhu/Dynamic-Dark-Mode)
Yawar Amin and Murhy on Types and Native HTTP (Episode 24)
# Reason Town Show Notes - Yawar Amin (24)
Murphy and Yawar discuss Type driven development, and ReWeb, Yawar’s project for easy HTTP servers on the native side:
[Learn Type-Driven Development](https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learn-type-driven-development)
Murphy & Hoss Talk about Using Reason in Production (Episode 23)
# Reason Town Show Notes - 23
- Welcome back!
- Sorry we were gone for so long
- Jared’s doing well but we have Hoss on today.
- Announcements and news:
- Lots of new versions of bucklescript. Some of the biggest enhancements:
- New versions of OCaml
- Better error messgages
- Changed runtime representation for options and objects!
- In-memory standard library
- what color is your function
- Murphy’s egghead videos: [Collection - Making an HTTP server in ReasonML on top of Node.js on @eggheadio](https://egghead.io/playlists/making-an-http-server-in-reasonml-on-top-of-node-js-dab086a2)
Hoss -> @Hossman333
Murphy -> @mrmurphytweets
PSA (Public Service Announcement)
We're taking a short break while Jared becomes a Dad for the first time, and Murphy preps a workshop!
Please follow this link: https://anchor.fm/reason-town/message to record and send us questions or feedback. We'll review them, and maybe you'll get to be on the show, too!
And while you're at it, we'd love a rating on iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/reason-town/id1333705038?uo=4 or wherever you listen. And if you're feeling generous, we'd love a donation to help us save up enough to get some of these episodes transcribed. Just visit https://anchor.fm/reason-town and click the "sponsor" button
Reason Template PPX (Macros)
Things We Would Like To Improve
Mac Apps, Async Error Handling, and Server Observability
Millie Macdonald on investigating Reason and choosing TypeScript
Sean Grove & OneGraph
Elm to OCaml, Technical Debt, and Escape Hatches with Paul Biggar
Reason & React Native with Callstack.io's Mike Grabowski
Auto-serialization & Full Stack
Error Handling and "Let Anything"
Building an Inclusive community