Finance YOUR Movie!
By Scott duPont
Finance YOUR Movie!Oct 04, 2021
552. Season 5 Finale and recap of Most Important, Must Listen to episodes
Host Scott wraps up season 5 with a few suggested “MUST LISTEN” episodes and advice to help you with funding if you’re not yet financed.
551. Promoting his latest movie “The Furry Fortune”, veteran producer Wilson shares how he approaches investors, what works & what people NOT to approach to get funding (part 2).
More fundraising advice from veteran filmmaker Brad Wilson (part 2).
550. Promoting his latest movie “The Furry Fortune”, veteran producer Wilson shares how he approaches investors, what works & what people NOT to approach to get funding (part 1).
Veteran filmmaker Brad Wilson shares decades of fundraising advice along with how he did his first successful equity crowdfunding campaign.
549. LISTEN to what potential investors tell you!
If you’re launching your fundraising efforts soon, in the middle of fundraising now, or stuck on your fundraising, these valuable tips will help you build a rapport with potential investors and improve your success of funding.
548. How do you come up with seed Money to raise Money, if you have no Money?
Host Scott duPont shares a way to come up with seed money through a single “development” investor before you raise any of the regular “production” money.
547. Andy Olen the “Sales Warrior” reveals more profound tips & strategies to help filmmakers connect with potential investors and ultimately increase their odds of getting funded! (part 2)
Sales expert and coach Andy Olen shares more valuable tips & strategies that apply to interacting with potential film investors (part 2).
546. Andy Olen the “Sales Warrior” reveals profound tips & strategies to help filmmakers connect with potential investors and ultimately increase their odds of getting funded! (part 1)
Host Scott duPont interviews sales expert and coach Andy Olen who shares valuable tips & strategies that apply to interacting with potential film investors. MUST WATCH episode!
545. How to get Real Estate Investors (and others) to Invest in your Movie!
Host Scott duPont shares the four (4) important things you need to do that real estate (and other business minded) investors will respond to that will give you a better chance of getting a few of them to invest in your movie.
544. Robert Ramos’ drama of raising $ which got stolen, then landed a new investor at the end to successfully make & release “South Beach Shark Club”!
Writer-Director-Producer Ramos shares how he was able to get his new feature length successfully documentary funded twice! “South Beach Shark Club” is now in release.
543. Filmmaker Tim Lightell shares how he raised 5 figures for his 10 year passion project “Manbaby” which opened theatrically in 3 cities and is now streaming.
Lightell shares why his first crowdfunding campaign worked, why one campaign did not and then who finally stepped up with $ money.
542. Pitch Deck vs. a Business Plan and why MOST suck!
Host Scott duPont rants about bad Pitch Decks and why most fail to raise $. He also discusses what the key components are in a great Business Plan that can help your project get funded.
541. Sylvia Caminer & Michael Indjeian discuss their final funding push for their new movie “Follow Her” after their successful WeFunder campaign.
Listen to the great advice from these filmmakers discussing their latest movie “Follow Her” now in theaters & streaming!
540. Advice & words of wisdom from serial entrepreneur Jeff Annison who successfully raised $17M from 40,000+ investors for fan-based production co. Legion M!
A MUST listen to episode for filmmakers and investors. The future as seen by Legion M President and Co-Founder Jeff Annison.
539. With experience & skills from his short films, Lee Chambers locks down the perfect scripts and brings his mantra of “Just Ask”” to make his features!
An in depth interview with filmmaker Lee Chambers who shares advice including how he “novelizes” his screenplays which leads to investors.
538. With big dreams, family, crowdfunding & a few equity investors Mo Jones made & released his first feature and it looks “Pretty CRAZY”!
An inspiring episode of a first-time filmmaker with a dream of making his first movie. Mo Jones makes a great movie, finds distribution and now gets to share it with the world.
537. From 1 short to almost $1M for his latest feature, Yadhu Krishnan shares how “CROSSFIRE” came together, now in theatres and streaming!
Filmmaker Yadhu Krishnan discusses how he got started in the film business and then how he raised the funds for his latest and most exciting movie project to date: “CROSSFIRE”.
536. Terissa Kelton shares her journey from crowdfunding micro-budget features in TX to new opportunities in LA, teamwork & working with Apple TV!
Actor-Producer Terissa Kelton shares her producing journey to most recently co-founding Rehab Entertainment now developing and producing multiple projects for Apple TV.
535. In the pandemic, this dynamic duo creatively used locations & resources, then reached out to hedge fund managers, lawyers & other pot. investors to finance their first feature “The Stratum” now i
Crash Buist & Lauren Senechal shared how they not only raised money for their first feature, but also how they creatively produced a high quality cinematic movie critics are raving about!
534. Michael Stein shares his inspiring underdog rise and long shot story from broke to working with Academy Award winners and creatively making his own movies on his terms!
Guest Michael Stein shares strategies how he broke into the movie business, successfully financed his movies and creatively attached “Name” talent with very little money.
533. Ranelle Golden’s inspiring story of overcoming obstacles to make movies. Candid advice & how she’s been able to “attract” money to her films and more projects now in development.
An inspiring episode of one filmmaker’s journey overcoming major health obstacles to follow her dreams!
532. Do NOT Pitch “Film Investors” unless you Don’t want to get funded!
Scott duPont shares how he veered away from his proven blueprint used to successfully get his first films funded. He chased “Film Investors” and failed miserably. Don’t make this same mistake if you want to fast track your funding.
531. Brand tracking, product placement expert Dominic Artzrouni shares valuable advice for indie filmmakers to get product clearance and placement deals & in certain cases, even a little $!
Great advice from one of the top experts on how indie filmmakers can get products “cleared” and/or get free products used in the movie, and in some cases even money or sponsorship.
530. Candid conversation with filmmaker J. Horton who shares how he successfully got over 70 projects made to date including his recently released movie “Craving”!
Two weeks after seeing Horton’s latest film “Craving” on the big screen, host Scott duPont catches up with J. “Jason” Horton to find out the secrets behind his successful career of funding so many movies.
529. The amount of money you raise is in direct proportion to the number of calls you make.
Film finance expert and host Scott duPont breaks down how quickly you can raise your “movie money” once you get over this mental barrier and needless fear of sharing your business plan with many people.
528. Film Fundraising shouldn’t take much time. Steps to get Funded in 6 months and… I just might INVEST!
The “no time” excuse kills many great films from ever getting made. Scott duPont shares how fundraising can be done in as little as 1 or 2 hours a day and pay attention at the end of this episode because he’s looking to possibly INVEST in YOUR movie!
527. After a failed crowdfunding campaign, John Pate shares the unique way he & his producing partner raised money to make their feature “Faith Wins”.
Writer-producer John Pate shares how he and his producing partner raised $ for their microbudget film and also how they found the perfect distributor.
526. Bankrupt and want $1M for your movie? I promise it’s doable!
Don’t let any excuses including: being broke or bankrupt, not being connected, and/or not knowing any “rich” people stop you from getting your dream movie made!
525. The big Secret of getting “Name” Talent while winning over potential investors!
Host Scott duPont breaks down the big mistake most filmmakers make chasing “Name” actors vs. bringing in “Name” talent at the end and explaining this method to potential investors for them to come on board with funding first.
524. Exec. Producer Menachem Woonteiler (back from Sundance) candidly shares why he’s investing in movies and what projects & filmmakers he looks for!
A relatively new film investor, Menachem Woontelier gets very candid about why he is investing in movies and what he looks for in filmmakers & their projects.
523. The two-pronged approach to potential investors
As they say a “two-pronged approach is better than one!” Host Scott duPont explains in detail how he uses this strategy when reaching out to and following up with potential investors.
522. Faith & Belief WILL get you and your film funded!
Don’t worry if you’re not religious, host Scott duPont explains how faith and belief are KEY to getting your film funded and references specific examples of recent funding success stories.
521. Kevin Caliber shares more about his hybrid system (crowdfunding & equity) he used to successfully get his last two features funded. (part 2)
Filmmaker Caliber elaborates how he got his second feature “Craving” funded.
520. Filmmaker Kevin Caliber shares in detail his hybrid system (crowdfunding & equity) he used to successfully get his last TWO features funded! (part 1)
Caliber goes into detail about how he reached out to potential donors & investors and his effective tracking system that helped him get his feature “16 Bits” funded.
519. Melissa Goad & Bob Leone never gave up. Through Prayer & Faith, they got their dream movie “They Don’t Cast Shadows” funded, produced & in distribution!
A must listen to episode especially for first time Director-Producers and/or anyone looking to do a faith based film!
518. Congruence with YOU and YOUR Pitch
Host Scott duPont shares examples of how to “Be yourself” and authentic when interacting with potential investors during the fundraising process. That means not hyping or over selling your project (and other common mistakes) which investors witness all too often.
517. A deep and candid conversation with a potential Investor interested in indie films
After meeting Tom Brainsky at a recent Mega Success event, host Scott duPont invites Tom to candidly discuss his new interest in taking the plunge and investing in independent films
516. A critical skillset of a fundraiser and producer - solving Problems!
When problems and obstacles come up in film fundraising (they always do), Scott duPont shares when and how he comes up with solutions.
515. All Fundraising consultants and coaches insist on this Practice
Host Scott duPont discusses the value of “role playing” for film producers to practice their pitch (to potential investors) before reaching out to actual investors.
514. Your correct Mindset is the Critical path to getting funded
Host Scott duPont explains why Mindset is so critical to maintain during the fundraising process.
513. How to raise movie money when you have NO track record yet?
The GOOD news is that it’s not all BAD news if you’re raising money for your very “first” feature. Host Scott duPont explains his strategy he used for his very first feature to successfully raise $1M.
512. Investors are NOT stupid, so don’t BS them!
Host Scott duPont explains the fine line between sharing your enthusiasm and excitement for your movie with potential investors vs. “Hyping” your project too much.
511. Rick Pamplin continued and Maggie Pamplin discusses how she pitched investors for their latest documentary: “Movie Money CONFIDENTIAL” (part 2)
Producer Maggie Pamplin shares advice on she successfully reaches out to potential investors on her last project: “Movie Money CONFIDENTIAL”.
510. Rick Pamplin shares how he raised $ for two of his indie films in 90 days (each) & Maggie Pamplin discusses how she pitched investors for their latest documentary: “Movie Money CONFIDENTIAL” (par
Writer-Director Rick Pamplin is back to share stories on how he got two of his other indie films funded (“Michael Winslow Live” and “Hoover”) in a very short period of time.
509. Pros & Cons of working with a film finance company
Host Scott duPont explains the Pros (especially for a higher budgeted film – above $2M) and Cons of working with a film finance company vs. raising the money yourself.
508. One of the most important traits of all Film Fundraisers
Making quick decisions and being “Decisive” is a trait all successful film fundraisers have. Host Scott duPont breaks down why this trait is so important.
507. Nothing matters (in terms of fundraising), if you’re not doing these two important things!
Host Scott duPont dives into the “Anything but…” syndrome many filmmakers get distracted with and shares the two important action steps needed to get investors for your project.
506. Five Important Steps to take when potential investors say NO.
Most potential investors will say NO. Use these five important steps and a few of them just may change their mind or circle back to invest into one of your future projects.
505. Stardom Chance’s successful NFT raise ($350K in 60 days) and the 1st Stardom Global movie shooting in the UK slated to give investors an ROI before filming begins!!
Jeff Vanderpol, the founder of Stardom Chance and his UK production partner, Jonathan Willis of Posterity Films discuss the unique model of funding their first of many films!
504. MORE Reasons people invest in movies!
Host Scott duPont reminds filmmakers that there are MANY different reasons why people invest in indie films. Make sure you’re aware of these different reasons. It’s also a good idea to ask potential investors what may be important to them?
503. BIG MISTAKE (Part 2): Looking for “FILM Investors” and more…
Host Scott duPont continues the discussion and shares a few more actions most unsuccessful filmmakers do and what you must do differently to successfully get your project funded!