Pursuing Me with Shakirah Forde
By Shakirah Forde
Join us as we navigate a range of topics, including mindfulness, personal growth, emotional intelligence, and self-compassion. From uncovering hidden passions and overcoming self-limiting beliefs to cultivating meaningful relationships and finding balance in our hectic lives, ”Pursuing Me” guides you through the twists and turns of self-exploration.
Pursuing Me with Shakirah Forde Jul 19, 2023
How I learned to stop caring
- Brief overview of the significance of liberating oneself from others' opinions.
- Personal anecdotes illustrating the struggles with caring too much about other people's perspectives.
- The objective of exploring and discussing practical insights, advice, and techniques to break free from the influence of external judgments.
- Exploration of the evolutionary and psychological roots of why humans care about what others think.
- Discussion on social acceptance, belonging, fear of ostracism, and societal pressures.
- Impact of cultural norms and social media on our perception and self-worth.
- Sharing moments and events leading to the realization of the need for change and self-acceptance.
- Emphasis on the importance of internal validation over external approval.
- Practical steps and daily habits for fostering self-confidence and a strong sense of self.
- The role of mindfulness, meditation, and self-reflection in reducing anxiety and changing thought patterns related to others’ opinions.
- Experiences and impacts of living more authentically on well-being.
- Exploration of the deep connection between authenticity and happiness.
- Contact information for further interaction, advice, and support. QandA@shakirahforde.com
In this episode, we delve deep into the journey of liberating oneself from the fear of others' opinions, exploring the psychological and evolutionary origins, the turning points that inspire change, and practical strategies for living more authentically. Through personal anecdotes and expert insights, this episode aims to inspire and empower listeners to embrace their true selves and find happiness and fulfillment in authenticity.
The Jealous Boyfriend
In today's episode, we delve deep into the complexities of toxic relationships, emotional well-being, and how to reclaim your self-worth. This episode is inspired by a heartfelt letter from one of our listeners, "A" who finds herself unhappy in a relationship with a jealous boyfriend but is hesitant to leave.
- - Feeling stuck
- - How self worth plays a part in relationships
- - Mustering up the courage to leave
- - Trusting your intuition
- - Red Flags
Don't forget to "FOLLOW" to stay up-to-date on our latest episodes and please SHARE.
Also, follow us on social media for daily tips on emotional well-being and relationship advice.
Who am I ?
In today’s episode, we embark on a transformative journey exploring self-awareness. Why is it so important to know who you are? What barriers stand in the way of self-discovery? How do consciousness and subconsciousness play into it? By the end, you’ll have practical tools and exercises to help you dig deeper into your own self-awareness journey.
Importance of Self-Awareness: Definition and its role in personal growth and relationships.
Barriers to Self-Awareness: Social conditioning, fear of facing the truth, emotional defensiveness, and lack of introspective tools.
Consciousness and Subconsciousness: Their roles and interactions in shaping self-awareness.
Practical Tools: Journal prompts and mindfulness exercises to aid in your journey to self-awareness.
- One Actionable Task: Pick one journal prompt and one mindfulness exercise from the episode and commit to practicing them over the next week.
- Topic: The Art of Effective Communication
- Special Guest: Dr. Jane Smith, a renowned psychologist and communication expert
- Website: www.ShakirahForde.com
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/SForde1111/
- Instagram: instagram.com/shakirah_forde
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShakirahF/
Thank you for tuning in! If you enjoyed this episode, please rate, and share. Your support helps us reach more people and make a bigger impact. Until next time, take care and stay curious.
- "The Untethered Soul" by Michael A. Singer
- "Daring Greatly" by Brené Brown
- "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl
Letting Go of Friends
In this episode, we explore the often overlooked beauty of impermanence in friendships. We talk about the varying dynamics that friendships can undergo, how to recognize when it’s time to let go, and the positives that emerge from doing so. Join us as we dive into the nuances of our relationships and how they contribute to our growth and self-understanding.
Impermanence is a Natural Aspect of Life:
- Friendships can go through phases, and that's perfectly normal.
Recognizing When to Let Go:
- Evaluating a friendship is crucial for both parties involved. Are you growing together or growing apart?
- It’s possible to end a friendship with understanding, clarity, and even gratitude for the moments shared.
- The end of a friendship can lead to individual growth, freedom from constraints, and the opportunity for new connections.
1. Defining Boundaries:
- Unraveling what boundaries mean in a holistic sense.
- Categorizing boundaries: Physical vs. Emotional vs. Mental.
2. Why Boundaries are Essential:
- The role of boundaries in safeguarding mental health and emotional well-being.
- How boundaries carve out space for personal growth and self-discovery.
- Strengthening relationships through clear and respectful boundaries.
3. Debunking Myths: Common Misconceptions about Boundaries:
- Are boundaries a sign of selfishness? Unraveling the truth.
- Addressing the idea of boundaries as rigid constructs.
- Exploring the fear: Will setting boundaries alienate loved ones?
4. Red Flags and Alarms: The Signs of Poor Boundaries:
- Recognizing when we're overcommitting and its consequences.
- The silent toll: How resentment and burnout creep in.
- The relationship domino effect: Conflicts and misunderstandings.
- The danger of sidelining personal needs.
5. Blueprint for Balance: How to Set Boundaries:
- Cultivating self-awareness to understand personal limits.
- The art of communicating boundaries: Clarity combined with kindness.
- The importance of consistency in boundary-setting and maintenance.
6. Essential Reads: Top Books to Help Set and Manage Boundaries:
- Highlighting key reads, including works by Dr. Henry Cloud, Dr. John Townsend, Anne Katherine, M.A., Randy J. Paterson, Dr. Brené Brown, and Tara Brach.
Leaning into Selfishness: Embracing Self-fullness
In this episode, we delve into the concept of 'self-fullness' - a healthier, empowering perspective on prioritizing your own needs and wellbeing. We aim to challenge societal notions about selfishness, propose ways to balance self-care with caring for others, and offer steps to practice 'self-fullness.'
Introduction & Background: Unpacking societal perspectives of selfishness and introducing the concept of 'self-fullness'
Redefining Selfishness: Discussion on 'self-fullness,' the importance of prioritizing your needs, and distinguishing between being selfish and self-full
Embracing 'Self-fullness': Practical steps to embrace 'self-fullness,' including recognizing your needs, learning to say no, and making time for self-care
Conclusion: Encouraging listeners to take the first step towards 'self-fullness,' thanking listeners for their support, and announcing the next episode's topic
- "Being 'self-full' means recognizing that you are just as deserving of care, kindness, and understanding as anyone else."
- "Prioritizing your needs isn't just about feeling better in the short-term, it's about long-term health and happiness."
- "By saying no when you need to, you're showing respect for yourself and your own limits."
I practice Self-fullness daily with my 90-min evening routine that you can check out here :
Part 1: Understanding the Rising Trend of Burnout
Part 2: Unraveling the Impact of Burnout
Part 3: Recognizing Burnout in Ourselves and Others
Part 4: Strategies to Combat Burnout
Signs and Symptoms of Burnout
- Physical Symptoms:Chronic fatigue and low energy levels, even after adequate rest. Frequent headaches, muscle tension, or other physical complaints. Changes in sleep patterns, such as insomnia or oversleeping. Weakened immune system, leading to frequent illnesses.
- Emotional Symptoms:Feeling overwhelmed and emotionally drained most of the time. Increased irritability and impatience with colleagues, friends, or family. Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness. Loss of motivation and a sense of detachment from work and responsibilities.
- Cognitive Symptoms:Reduced concentration and difficulty focusing on tasks. Memory problems and forgetfulness. Decreased creativity and problem-solving skills. Negative and cynical thoughts about work and life.
- Behavioral Symptoms:Withdrawal from social interactions and reduced engagement with others. Procrastination and avoidance of tasks. Increased reliance on unhealthy coping mechanisms, such as excessive alcohol or drug use. Neglecting personal care and hygiene.
Feeling are neither good nor bad
This episode helps to shift our mindset around emotions by understanding what they are, their true purpose and ways to improve comfort with "Negative" emotions.
Feelings are an intrinsic aspect of the human experience. It shapes the way we perceive and interact with the world around us.
Feelings are not random or meaningless occurrences
Challenging the Good vs. Bad Dichotomy
Labeling emotions as "bad" can lead people to suppress or deny these feelings, self-judgment, poor relationships, and recurring pain.
Learning from "Negative" Feelings
Honoring, processing, and sharing our emotions can lead to personal development, emotional stability, and healthier relationships4 practical strategies for processing and learning from emotion
Learn 4 practical strategies for processing and learning from emotions
Soul Aligning Journal Prompts
Bonus episode to reinforce Episode 3n " Alignment = Happiness". This episode provides 11 journal prompts that will help you to identify who you really are, what you desire and what you may need to let go of.
Alignment = Happiness
Defining Spiritual Alignment
"Spiritual Alignment is the recognition of a true self and the pursuit of behaving in ways that reflect your souls your higher purpose."
What happens when we are not aligned
How do you create alignment
Personal Experience with alignment
Signs your are aligning yourself
Here are 5 signs that you are aligning with your true self
- You see things on a deeper and more selfless level
- You start to feel different from others and may experience a sense of alienation.
- You love yourself and others more genuinely
- You feel more connected to nature
- You notice an influx in synchronicities
Does it feel like no matter how hard you try to make changes in your life, you find yourself in the same type fo relationships or feeling the same dissatisfaction no matter the job. In this week's episode we explore why we experience recurring pain and how to stop the cycle.
Love and Acceptance
In our launch episode, I explore what love is, what its not and why it can not exist without acceptance. I define what acceptance is and give tips and tools to cultivate more meaningful, loving and long lasting relationships.