So, What Are You Reading?
By Stephanie and Alycia
So, What Are You Reading?Sep 08, 2022
A Peak Behind the Curtain- Interview with Author Arlene Lomazoff-Marron
In this episode, Alycia and Stephanie Interview Arlene, she’s a retired RN and an author from Philly! She’s written 2 books and is working on her 3rd! Arlene tells us about her journey to becoming an author and all about her 3 books.
Happy Labor Day!
- Beneath a Blanket of Snow
- If We Had Known
- From the Ashes (tentative title)
Arlene’s Book Recommendations
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Check out Arlene’s website to stay up to date on her book release arlenelomazoffmarron.com
- Arlene’s Twitter: @marron_arlene
- Arlene’s IG @marronal
The Girl is Going Places and Doing things- Interview with Haley
In this episode, Stephanie is riding solo on an interview with Haley from Georgia! (@spoonie.bujo on Instagram). She’s a Grad Student and Professor.
- The Man Burned By Winter By Peter Zacharias - Spoiler-Free Ending
- The Man Trapped In Shadows coming out next year!
- Heretic: Hellmage Chronicles, Book 1 by Jennifer deBie
Donate to our Book Fair Fundraiser! PayPal.me/sowhatareyoureading
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- All the Things We Don’t Talk About by Amy Feltman
- Teaching to Transgress: Educations as the Practice of Freedom by Bell Hooks
- Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie
- The Sleepless by Victor Manibo
- Black Skinhead: Reflections on Blackness and Our Political Future by Brandi Collins-Dexter
Follow Haley @spoonie.bujo
AnxiousTomato Artist of the Month for September is Johusa Dusina @dusina_creations
Check out his work at anxioustomato.com
Also, visit anxioustomato.com if you would like to submit your work for the True Crime Virtual Exhibition
Book Fairs! A Short History
In this episode, Alycia and Stephanie talk about Book Fairs! We discuss a little bit of Scholastic Bookfair history and the popular books that have come through the book fair.
We are starting a fundraiser for the Kids for the Book Fair! We are raising funds to donate to kids who don’t have money for the bookfair (like us when we were kids). It’s a very important cause to the podcast.
- While No One Was Watching by Alyssa Cole
- The Man Burned by Winter by Peter Zaharias
Little Free Library Pick Up- The Family Lawyer by James Patterson
So, What Are You Reading Podcast is sponsored by The Anxious Tomato online art gallery. If you are looking for a new gallery experience visit anxioustomato.com
If you are in the Tacoma, WA area come out to Gallery Night at Locust Cider on 6th Ave on August 28th!
Smut Lovers Unite! - Interview with Rachael
In this episode, Alycia and Stephanie interview Rachael from Louisville, Kentucky (@chlorophyllandquartz on Instagram). She’s an avid reader, writer, witch, and cat lover! (A bit of technical difficulty)
- The Spookshow Series by Tim McGregor
- The Great Influenza by John M. Barry
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
- Nancy Brophy's books are not good and she definitely killed her husband lol
- http://archive.ph/D1s2X - Her Blog on how to murder her husband
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
- When No One Was Watching by Alyssa Cole
- The Rosewater - Bookstore and nonprofit
- A Court of Thornes and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
- Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- True Biz by Sara Novic
- The Left Hand of Darkness Ursula K. Le Guin
So, What Are You Reading Podcast is sponsored by the Anxious Tomato online Art Gallery. If you want to experience a new type of art gallery visit anxioustomato.com
Artist of the Month- Lori Schember
For the Morbid Curious - Interview with Jennifer deBie
In this episode Stephanie and Alycia chat with Jennifer deBie (@jennidebie on Instagram), they discuss their mutual love of all things morbid and Jenni talks about her book Heretic: Hellmage Chronicles, Book 1
Alycia reading Visual Novels
- Raging Loop
- Corpse Factory
Steph finally finished The Perfect Witness!
- The Great Influenza by John M. Barry
Nothing like a good physical book
Cork, Ireland Bookstores
- Vibes and Scribes
- Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart
- Nithy Kasa’s Palm Wine Tapper and The Boy at Jericho
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Game by Tadhg Coakley
- Darkest Truth by Catherine Kirwan
- The Art of English Murder by Lucy Worsley
So, What Are You Reading Podcast is sponsored by the Anxious Tomato online Art Gallery. If you want to experience a new type of gallery visit anxioustomato.com
Defenders of Alice Roosevelt- Interview with Tory Lanman
In this episode, Alycia and Stephanie interview Tory Lanman (@readastorywithtory on Instagram and @WelcometoHistoryClass on TikTok). Tory is an amazing Educator in Ohio.
- Steph is a slow reader haha
- Alycia Book Rec- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- Too close to home…
- Don’t sleep on the Dollar Tree!
- Alycia’s $1.25 Tree purchase- Life Lines by Heidi Diehl
- Steph’s $1.25 Tree purchase- If I Die Tonight by Alison Gaylin
- Put synopsis on the backs of books!
- Reading as punishment is a great idea for your kids!
- A security book is a must-have when leaving the house- We all agree!
Tory’s Book Recommendations:
- Fire Keeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley
- A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham
- Green Lights by Matthew McConaughey
- Caste: The Origin of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- The Binding by Bridgette Collins
- When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to Present by Gail Collins
- Hook, Line, and Sinker by Tessa Bailey
- Check out Cream & Amber in Hopkins, MN!
- Who’s your favorite President? Let us know in the comments!
- So, What Are You Reading Podcast is sponsored by the Anxious Tomato online art gallery. If you're looking for a new gallery experience visit anxioustomato.com
Artist of the Month- Lori Schember
Interview with Author Javier Rodriguez Agramonte (Nacimiento)
In this episode, Stephanie and Alycia have their first Interview (so be patient) with Author Javier Rodriguez Agramonte, a Cuban Author. He discusses his passion for reading and writing and! he gives us the scoop on his new book Nacimiento
Nacimiento is available on kindle at Nacimiento: Project Angel Saga - Kindle edition by Agramonte , J.R.. Children Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
- Javier Book Rec- Shadow and Bones by Leigh Bardugo- Alena is Javi’s favorite character
- Javier Not Rec- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Javier’s Current Read- In the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Final Fantasy Inspiration
- Writing is like the best sex - Javier
- Javier translates his own work from Spanish to English
- Listen to the end for an out-of-this-world book deal!!!!!!!!
- So, What Are You Reading Podcast is sponsored by the Anxious Tomato online art gallery. Artist of the Month- Amy Lewis.
If you want a new gallery experience visit the anxioustomato.com
Books are a Real Thrill
We’re talking about Thriller books!
- Alycia's Current Read- When No One Is Watching- Alyssa Cole
- Stephanie’s Current Read- The Perfect Witness- Iris Johansen
- Stephanie’s second read -The Man Burn by Winter- Pete Zacharias
- Big Little Lies- Liane Moriarty ( have not read the book but the show on HBO was fantastic)
- Both read- The Things We Wish Were True-Marybeth Mayhew Whalen
- Steph Rec- The Complete Sherlock Holmes Series- Arthur Conan Doyle
- Steph Rec- The Host- Stephanie Meyer
- *Game of Thrones Spoilers
- * A bit of Twilight hate
- TBR- Starvation Heights- Gregg Olsen
- Our followers be reading reading haha
Have you ever been a Server in the weeds and the Cook walked out the door?
- Support your local Little Free Library
- Check out Anxious Tomato Online Art Gallery at anxioustomato.com, Artist of the Month is Amy Lewis, follow her @superaimes on IG.
Introduction to the podcast, Stephanie, and Alycia
Welcome to the So, What Are You Reading Podcast! This is episode 1! In this episode, you get to know the Host, Stephanie, and Alycia. They discuss their plans for the podcast and answer the questions from the questionnaire. Be sure to follow the podcast on Instagram @sowhatareyoureadingpodcast Fill out the questionnaire if you want to be a guest! (https://forms.gle/MdU2tYemaR2emUbLA)
So, What Are You Reading Podcast is sponsored by Anxious Tomato online art gallery. Visit anxioustomato.com for a new gallery experience
Have you ever read a book that changed your life, or made you think, or even cry, and when you went to talk to your friends about it all you got back were blank stares? Are you looking for a book to read that maybe isn’t #1 on the NY Times Best Seller’s list? Well, you’ve found the right place! Welcome to "So, What Are You Reading?" A history and book recommendation podcast. I’m your host, Stephanie And I’m your host, Alycia. On this podcast, we talk a lot about the books you love to read. Each week we pick a thing to dig into, from recommendations and reviews to commentary and current events.