The SDM ShowApr 07, 2023
Episode 374 Talking Data Pocket With Jorge Casals
Rob Cairns talks to Jorge Casals about Datapocket.
- What is Datapocket?
- Features of Datapocket.
- Roadmap for Datapocket.
Episode 373: An Important Marketing Tip For The Holidays
Rob Cairns talks about a marketing technique should never use anytime or around the holidays.
- What is the tip?
- Why not do this?
- Customer long term trust is important.
Episode 372 Talking Yoast With Taco
Rob Cairns sits down to talk to Taco from Yoast.
1. Why Yoast?
2. New things coming in Yoast.
3. How Yoast contributes to the WordPress community.
Episode 371 What Automattic Does Righ With Ryan Waterbury
Rob Cairns talks to Ryan Waterbury about what Automattic does right.
- Things Automattic does.
- Contributions to WordPress.
- Investments in other ventures.
- Automattic's other companies.
Episode 370: Live Streaming Update With Ross Brand
Rob Cairns talks to Ross Brand about Live Streaming.
1. Changes in LiveStreaming.
2. Why Podcasters now do video?
3. Tools to LiveStream.
Episode 369 Todd Jones Takes Over and Interviews Rob Cairns
Todd Jones takes over the SDM Podcast and interviews Rob Cairns.
- Rob's technical background.
- Rob's business background.
- How Rob started his agency.
- How Rob promotes his business.
Episode 368: Making Content For Other With Bud Kraus
In this episode, Rob Cairns talks to Bud Kraus about making content for others.
- Why make content?
- How to make content for others.
- The impact of AI on content.
- Bud's special announcement.
Episode 367 One Thing You Should Not Do When Signing Up For SAAS Services
Rob Cairns talks about one thing you should not do when signing up for a SAAS service.
- What not to do when signing up.
- The best way to sign up for SAAS Services.
- What happens when you move away from Google or Facebook sign-ins?
Episode 366 The History of WordPress With Jeff Chandler
Rob Cairns sits down with Jeff Chandler and talks about the history of WordPress.
- How the Wp Tavern was formed.
- The biggest story Jeff ever covered.
- The WordPress community.
- Covering the WordPress News.
Episode 365 Tips For Safe Online Banking
Rob Cairns talks about tips for protecting your online banking. Show Highlights: 1. Use 2FA. 2. Use the mobile app and why. 3. Use strong passwords
Episode 364 A look at The History of Technology With Mark Westguard
Rob Cairns and Mark Westguard from WS Forms talk about the history of technology.
- What is a BBS?
- The history of video games.
- Types of Modems.
- General Tech talk.
Episode 363: Why You Need to Drive Traffic to Your Website and Mailing List
Rob Cairns talks about why you need to drive traffic to your website and mailing list.
- What assets do you own?
- Social Media keeps changing the rules.
- Your Website and Mailing List really matter.
Episode 362 Wp World With Marcus Burnette
Rob Cairns talks to Marcus Burnette about this community project WP World.
- What is WP World?
- Features of WP World.
- Features coming in the future.
Episode 361 Being a Wordcamp Organizer With Jason Rouet
Rob Cairns talks to Jason Rouet about being a WordCamp organizer.
- Why community matters.
- The Work involved in being a Wordcamp organizer.
- The challenges involved in being a Wordcamp organizer.
Episode 360 Leaving Money On The Table
Rob Cairns talks about the one thing businesses do to leave money on the table.
- What is left on the table?
- Why E-mail marketing matters.
- The only two things you own are your website and your email list.
Episode 359 My WordPress Journey With Laura Adamonis
Rob Cairns sits down with Laura Adamonis and talks about her WordPress journey.
- Laura's WordPress origin story.
- Laura's take on the WordPress ecosystem.
- Challenges with WordPress.
- Thoughts on the community.
Episode 358 WordPress Security and SolidWP With Dan Knauss
Rob Cairns talks to Dan Knauss about WordPress Security and Solid WP.
- General WordPress Security.
- Why you should not have a built-in Malware Scanner?
- Why rebarnding to SolidWP?
- Where SolidWP is going.
Episode 357 Social Media Trends With Jeff Brown
Rob Cairns and Jeff Brown talk about social media trends.
- Why Social Media?
- Issues with X(Twitter).
- Meta and what is going on.
- Do we need Tik Tok?
Episode 356: Clients Need to Have Realistic Expectations
Rob Cairns talks about why clients need to have realistic expectations.
- Why Expectations Matter.
- Clients need to do cost research.
- Costs have gone up.
Episode 355: WordPress Dumpster Fire With Ryan Waterbury
Rob Cairns talks to Ryan about the WordPress Dumpster Fire on Twitter,
- Why .com and ,org need to be separated?
- Why a CEO can not be a bully.
- The impact on the community.
- Accusations of people fabricating plugin downloads.
Episode 354: Launch With Words With Bridget WIllard
Rob Cairns talks to friend of the show Bridget Willard about Launch With Words.
- What is Launch With Words?
- The new Launch With Word Web Dev Pack.
- Why Launch With Words over AI.
- Some of the books Bridget is working on.
Episode 353: My Switch to Fastmail
Rob Cairns talks about why he moved to Fastmail.
- Why Fastmail.
- Privacy Matters.
- Features of Fastmail.
Episode 352: Copyright With Ryan Waterbury
Rob Cairns talks to Ryan Waterbury about Copyright.
- What is copyright?
- How copyright matters.
- What to think about when using digital assets.
- How to manage copyright.
- Who is responsible for purchasing the correct licenses for digital assets?
Episode 351: Marketing With Nicole Osborne
Rob Cairns and Nicole Osborne talk all things marketing.
- Nicole's Marketing Journey.
- Pricing in Marketing.
- Thoughts for agencies,
- How to stand in the world of Ai.
Episode 350: My 57 Years
Rob Cairns talks about lessons learned during his 57 years.
- Lessons Learned.
- How Rob's life is better,
- How life has changed.
Episode 349: WPCS.IO with Roger Rosweide
Rob Cairns sits down with WPCS.IO co-founder Roger Rosweide.
- What is WPCS.IO?
- Features in WPCS.IO .
- Roadmap for WPCS.IO .
Episode 348: Networking Events
Rob Cairns talks about networking events.
- Why Networking Events.
- Meeting People at Networking Events.
- How to prepare for networking events.
Episode 347: Ethics in Handing Over Digitl Assets Wirh Ryan Waterbury
Rob Cairns and Ryan Waterbury talk about Ethics in handing over digital assets.
- Tips for clients to protect themselves.
- Clients should own their digital assets.
- The proper way to manage digital assets for clients.
Episode 346: Wp Sync Sheets With Arpit Shaw
Rob Cairns talks to Arpit Shaw about his product WP Sync Sheets.
- What are Wp Sync Sheets.
- Product Roadmap,
- Why you should get this tool.
Episode 345: Rob's Thoughts on AI
Rob Cairns shares his thoughts on AI.
- AI is a Tool.
- AI makes our work life easier.
- AI does not cost jobs.
Episode 344: Talking Books With Waren Laine-Naida
Rob Cairns talks to Warren Laine-Naida about his two new books:
- Warren's Book: Digital Skills For Smart Seniors.
- How seniors can make better use of the Digital World.
- SEO All You Need to Know - 2nd Edition.
- Is SEO still relevant in the world of AI?
Episode 343: Communicating Wtih Your Care Plan Clients
Rob Cairns talks about why you need to communicate with your care plan clients.
- Why communication is important
- Not Communicating is a bad thing.
- What happens when you renew your care plan without communication.
Episode 342: Wh You Need a WordPress Security Expert
Rob Cairns talks about why you need a WordPress security expert.
- Why do you need a security expert?
- You can not DIY security anymore.
- The year of the vulnerability.
Episode 341: Talking eCommerce and WordPress With Ryan Waterbury
Rob Cairns talks about eCommerce and WordPress with Ryan Waterbury,
- Why WordPress for eCommerce.
- Is Woo the only answer?
- Other options for eCommerce and WordPress.
Episode 340: Setting Boundaries In Your Agency
Rob Cairns talks about setting boundaries in your agency.
- Why you Need Boundaries.
- The Dog Ate My Homework.
- Why You Should Stick To Your Boundaries,
Episode 339: The Open Source Community With Courtney Robertson
Rob Cairns talks to Courtney Robertson about the open-source community and the open-source summit.
- Why Open-Source?
- What is the Open-Source summit?
- Why collaboration matters.
Episode 338 TotalWP With James Giroux
Rob Cairns talks to James Giroux about TotalWP.
- Trends in the WordPress Space.
- What is TotalWP?
- Why does culture matter?
- The WordPress ecosystem.
And so much more.
Episode 337: Talking Mental Health
Rob Cairns talks about Mental Health in this episode.
- Why Mental Health Matters.
- How to Take Care of Yourself.
- What to do when having mental health issues.
** Disclaimer Rob Cairns is NOT a doctor. Please consult one if having mental health issues
Episode 336: How to Pick Your Ideal Client
Rob Cairns talks to Ryan Waterbury about picking your ideal client.
- What makes an ideal client.
- What to watch for when picking a client.
- Things clients do to make a great partnership.
Episode 335: Why Being on Twitter is not Enough
Rob Cairns talks about why just being on Twitter is not enough.
- Why being on Twitter is not enough.
- How to manage your brand on Twitter.
- Should you look at other social media avenues?
Episode 334: AI and Magai With Dustin Stout
Rob Cairns sits down with Dustin Stout and talks all things AI and Magai.
- Why AI?
- How AI is making a difference in the world.
- What is Magai?
- Features of Magai.
- Roadmap for Magai.
Episode 333: Happy Birthday WordPress
In this special episode, Rob Cairns wishes WordPress a Happy 20th Birthday and talks about what WordPress means to him.
Episode 332: Modern WordPress With Brian Gardner
In this Episode, Rob Cairns talks to Brian Gardner about Modern WordPress.
- What is Modern WordPress?
- Why is Build Mode?
- Changes coming to WordPress.
- Why we should embrace FSE.
- Changes to Frost.
Episode 331 Journaling and the Day One App With Kristen Wright
Rob Cairns sits down with Kristen Wright and talks about journaling and the Day One App.
- Why Journal?
- Types of journaling?
- Benefits of journaling.
- What is the Day One App?
Episode 330: Hacks vs a Spoof
Rob Cairns talks about the difference between a Hack and a Spoof.
- What is a Hack?
- What is a Spoof?
- What is the difference between the two.
Epsiode 329: MainWP with Dennis Dornon
Rob Cairns talks to Dennis Dornon about MainWP.
- What is MainWP.
- Why you should use MainWP.
- Features in MainWP.
- What is coming in MainWP.
Episode 328 Stunning Digital Marketing's Security Stack
Rob Cairns talks about Stunning Digital Marketing's Security Stack.
- Hosting is part of your security stack.
- What is our agency's security stack?
- We used a layered security approach.
Episode 327: Why You Should Fire a Customer With Ryan Waterbury
Rob Cairns sits down with Ryan Waterbury and talks t why you should fire a customer.
- Are there bad customers?
- When is it time to let go.
- How to fire a customer nicely.
- Boundaries and more boundaries.
Episode 326: AI and Copywriting With Todd Jones
Rob Cairns sits down with Todd Jones and talks about how AI impacts copywriting.
- The impact of AI on business.
- How does AI impact copywriting.
- Does AI impact jobs?
- What is the future of AI.
Episode 325: Should You Been On Twitter?
Rob Cairns talks about if you should be on Twitter.
- Should you be on Twitter?
- What Twitter is really good for.
- Where do your customers go?