The Natural NippleOct 28, 2020
A Movement for Mom's Mentality
Join us today with Danielle Hobson, Founder & CEO of A Timeout With Mom! This platform is a service marketplace for moms and their mental health providing access to professionals and a diverse community giving you the ability to share stories, bring awareness and connect with others!
(Not so) Seamless Bottle to Breast Transitions 🍼
Nursing for Modern Mothers 🍯
Join us today with Sarah Kallile, Founder & CEO of Lunnie, a community-led brand that is creating a pretty and powerful postpartum for modern mothers! No two breastfeeding journeys are alike which is why our companies are listening in to what moms have to say in order to make better products that work for you!
A Pumping Game Changer 💦
Building Baby's Brain Through Touch 💆♀️
Join us today with Elina Furman, Certified Infant Massage Instructor & Founder of Kahlmi - The first handheld massager for babies. The first bonding tool of its kind, Kahlmi helps connect families using touch and vibration as a therapeutic aid to facilitate an interactive bonding experience!
Building Bonds Through Storybook 💤
Ask a Specialist: Keeping Kids Busy While Working From Home 💻
Exceptional Childcare for All Situations
Join us today with Yi-Hsian Godfrey, the CEO, and co-founder of Apiari! Apiari makes it easy to find reliable childcare for any situation, whether you need a one-time sitter or an overnight nanny, Apiari has you covered!
To watch, visit our Youtube, and to read, visit our blog!
Ask a Specialist: Kickstart Your Kids’ Digestive Health 👩⚕️
Join us today with Madeline Lauf, the founder, and CEO of Begin Health! Begin Health is a toddler & kid’s digestive health company with a high-quality and gentle blend designed to nourish growing toddlers’ and kids’ developing gut microbiome. Growing Up Prebiotics help feed beneficial gut bacteria, for digestive comfort, regularity, and softer stools.
Ask a Specialist: Bedtime Basics Without Sleep Training 🤰
Ask a Specialist: Maternal Health at Your Fingertips
Your In-Home Chef for Healthy and Delicious Meals
Ask a Specialist: Bringing Peace at Home with Health-e Pediatrics 👩⚕️
Supermama: Birth & Beyond with No.1 Beta Tester & Sleep Trainer, Brooklyn Johnson
5 Things You Should Know Before Labor ✨
Join us today with Trish Weir, a labor and delivery nurse of 17 years to explain the five most important things to know before going into labor!
To watch, visit our Youtube, and to read, visit our blog.
The Interactive Storyteller for Little Learners
The Safer Sleeping Solution 💤
Fertility Tracking Reimagined 🥚
Whether you’re trying to conceive or prevent pregnancy, we want to empower you along that journey with data driven insights. Learn how to be in total control of this process, in this episode with Sylvia Kang the, CEO of Mira- the first FDA and CE registered comprehensive women’s health monitoring platform with 99% of accuracy in clinical trials. Mira allows users to see the numeric fertility hormone concentrations and uses AI learning to provide personalized insights based on this quantitative data. Mira tracks cycles, predicts ovulation at home, with expandability into monitoring fetal health, measuring ovarian reserve, and detecting menopause chronic disease using the hospital-leveled technology within a palm-sized device.
It takes a village: A CEO's journey into motherhood
Creating Quality Breastmilk 🍼
Join us this week with Krista Maas de Villiers, the founder and CEO of Nunona, Nutrition for Breastfeeding. We’ll discuss the importance of your diet during and after pregnancy to create better quality breastmilk!
Use our code: naturalnipple to receive 20% off your first order!
A Pelvic Floor Priority
A Curated Thrift 👗
DeMystifying the M Word 🔮
Coping in a Crisis 🧘
Let’s talk about coping in a crisis with Rachel Friedman, a mom with a Masters in Social Work from NYU & founder of Rachel Beth Coaching. In this interview we’ll discuss the top challenges parents are facing right now and 5 tools that every person should instill to manage through any situation!
5 Things Every Mom Should Know Before Birth 💭
Let’s talk motherhood with Leah Wrisley, mother & co-host on The Momversation Podcast! We will discuss the unknowing truths of motherhood & 5 things every mom should know before birth!
Vaginal Vitality Uncensored 🌷
Let’s talk feminine hygiene with Bea Dixon, co-founder & CEO of The Honey Pot Company! This company is stirring the pot by creating an all-natural solution to feminine care powered by herbs! Let’s get back to the basics, use code NATURALNIPPLE15 to receive 15% off your next order!
Sustainable Parenting With DYPER
Let's talk sustainable parenting with DYPER! In this Q&A, Stace Dixon & Taylor Shearer talk about the company thats creating a better solution to the standard diaper! You know our goal is to make parenting easier overall, so you’ll get 25% off your first subscription by visiting https://dyper.com/friends/naturalnipple (saving you ~$300 a year compared to standard diapering)!
Premier Pre Launch Event🍾
Join the group of peri-natal specialists, synergistic fem-tech professionals, and excited parents as we announce the eligible families selected for seamless and stress-free breast and bottle feeding, with the only nipple that is researched and designed to mimic a mother’s shape, feel, and flow!
- Morgan Michalowski, MSN, APRN: Expert Director at SocialMama, a non-judgemental, networking app for women looking for friendship and support at every stage of motherhood-connecting them with the friends they need and the experts they can trust.
- Laura Modi is CEO and co-founder of Bobbie, and a mother of three to Mary, Colin, and new baby Owen. As the operations lead at Airbnb for more than five years, she’s no stranger to early stage start-ups and disrupting traditional markets. Laura founded Bobbie in 2018 after her own breastfeeding plans didn’t go as planned. She turned to infant formula and found herself disappointed in the quality of ingredients and lack of options in the US. As a passionate mom who believes in transparency, quality, and ingredient choices, she also sits on the Board of Directors Real Food, a non-profit organization that works to improve school food. Laura raised 2.4 million from Silicon Valley investors while pregnant with her second baby and in 2019, 4 million in additional seed funding while pregnant with her third child. Bobbie launches in January of 2021.
- Breastfeeding through infant food intolerance & allergies: Trill Paulin, PhD: Molecular Biologist & Free to Feed Founder
- Fairing the journey from fertility frustration, to latching frustration: Anna House, Primary Care Provider: Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner at The Natural Nipple
Fostering Human Connection Through Playful Disruption💡
Let's talk about fostering human connection through playful disruption! In this interview, Christine Dodson, the COO of Mamava, discusses shifting the paradigm of breastfeeding in modern culture. Mamava is the leading expert in lactation spaces, integrating the biological, physical, and emotional needs of nursing mamas into smart solutions. Christine launched Mamava in 2006 with her friend, colleague, and fellow mama, Sascha Mayer.
Skincare in Pregnancy 💆🏼
Let's talk about skincare in pregnancy! In this interview, Heather Mott, the Principal Scientist at NeoStrata, a Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. company, will discuss wholistic techniques for improving your skin during all of the hormonal and pH changes that occur before and after birth. Heather's background: As a professional nerd with a degree in chemistry, her role is in chemical engineering. In her free time, she hosts a STEM podcast to help fellow nerds connect and hear about all the exciting careers out there with the intent of increasing engagement and equity in STEM fields.
Trust Your Gut: Using Microbiome Insights to Improve You & Your Babies Health 🦠
Let's talk about gut health! In this interview, Lauren Wright, a Nurse Practitioner & Microbiome Clinical Specialist, will discuss how microbiome insights can be used to improve you and your child's health. Lauren's background: While studying the gut microbiome as a PhD student, Lauren discovered that babies who weren't getting mother's milk were suffering fatal complications. Her research identified how prolonging breastfeeding and skin to skin contact enables breastmilk to continually act in establishing immunity, enabling protective neurological development and genetic optimization through microbiome establishment, thus preventing the long-term detrimental effects of gut bacterial dysbiosis. Her research led her to found The Natural Nipple, an innovative breastfeeding and lactation support system.
Parenting in The Pandemic 🤯
Lisa Sugarman is a mom, a nationally syndicated columnist & parenting expert and the author of “How to Raise Perfectly Imperfect Kids And Be Ok With It.” What a pertinent time to host her here for her insights on Parenting in the Pandemic. The impetus for her book was realizing, through her work as an educator, that many parents with good intentions were practicing ‘helicopter’ or ‘bulldozer’ parenting that was carving an obstacle-free path for their children, resulting in detrimental expectations and consequences. To read or watch her 8 step process for navigating parenting challenges, visit our blog post!
Body Positivity & Breastfeeding 💦
We joined forces with Ana Rojas Bastidas, CLC for 'Ask a Specialist' Q+A.
In this episode we discuss Body Positivity in Breastfeeding, and cover all topics 'taboo' in the journey of a woman now dealing with the constant demand of a newborn, accepting a new body, and struggling for autonomy and reintroduction to her sexuality.
As a lactation consultant and mother of three, Ana founded Power to Prevail in 2015 to create a conversation about the doubts she was having surrounding her new body after birth- and it rapidly transformed into a global collective. Between all of these roles she was also running a chapter of TIE global- a non-profit dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship. In trying to create balance and enjoy a weekend with her babies at the beach, she realized swimwear was not breastfeeding accessible or adoring of postpartum bodies. She then founded Orolait to empower women to embrace this journey with their body and their infant, while making breastfeeding and enjoying the things you love easier!
Key takeaways from this episode:
- A big part of intimacy is in our head, so the issues that existed before surrounding body positivity can be amplified if we don’t mentally prepare & normalize that a sexual part of our body is used for feeding as well.
- Handling intimate encounters with body changes transparently is key. For instance, you may have unexpected, high velocity lactation, and having a conversation about needing to pump before jumping into bed can help ease these changes and even shift the dynamic towards humor surrounding them.
- Breastfeeding women’s vaginal wall is very similar to menopausal women in terms of hydration. Preparing for this by having an honest conversation with your partner about what to expect and deciding to incorporate lubrication can put this temporary change into perspective and give you tools for handling this transition.
- Talk to a supportive health care professional if you have any questions. We offer virtual visits with primary care providers specializing in sexual health right at your fingertips.
You can also watch the Q+A on Youtube!
Ask a Specialist: Reducing Colic & Fussiness by Optimizing What Goes in 🤱 & Testing What Comes Out 💩
Welcome to our first 'Ask a Specialist' Q&A, where we feature Dr. Trill Paullin, a molecular biologist and mother of two specializing in allergies and breastfeeding. She founded Free to Feed to empower mothers to continue breastfeeding by giving them the power to test their milk for allergens right from the comfort of their home. Over 25% of infants have some form of food intolerance, causing colic, reflux, rashes, and gastrointestinal issues- so Dr. Paullin specializes in giving moms the power to optimize “what goes in”, while Lauren Wright, AGNP-BC- a Primary Care Provider, microbiome and immunology researcher, provides parents data driven insights by analyzing “what comes out”.
Lauren founded The Natural Nipple, a biotech breastfeeding experience for effortless health and bonding. While the infant feeding system designed for seamless, stress free breast and bottle feeding is in development, TNN launched remote immuno-biome testing- to empower families to make confident feeding decisions that reduce adverse health outcomes with personalized gut microbiome insights! Their telehealth services also give families access to virtual visits, for the support 96% of families say they need, right at their fingers tips! Please spread the word and donate to match our infant feeding system to mom's milk flow and provide virtual visits to families for the remainder of 2020!
To fund Free to Feed's food allergy and breastfeeding research and learn more about this topic, sign up for Dr. Paullin's Allergy & Breastfeeding Master Class!
Am I Normal? Finding Support in the Breastfeeding Journey
The question on everyone's minds, but often unheard- especially as a new parent.
The truth is, Yes you are. Everyone's breastfeeding journey is different.
Does it seem like your mom, grandma, sister, best friend, their friend, and even the lady on the train want to give you some advice or ‘wisdom’ on how to breastfeed or raise your new baby? While it can be nice and comforting at times to get advice from those close to you (especially when you’re the one asking and they aren’t just offering it), it can sometimes be advice that can feel a bit like criticism.
There are so many opinions out there and the internet is full of different “sources of truth” that it can feel overwhelming. This episode we talk with Melanie Silverman, long time Lactation Consultant, and Chief Clinical Officer at Pacity about what can be expected during your breastfeeding journey, and how to surround yourself with people who give you encouragement and not criticism.Key Takeaways
- Have a support system that is encouraging as well - surround yourself with family members who don’t judge you for where you are at in your experience or for the decisions you make for the health of your baby. If you are experiencing challenges, reach out to our clinical specialists for a virtual visit!
- Find a lactation consultant that uses language that is supportive and accepting - don’t allow anyone to ever make you feel like you’re not good enough. We work with a great team of them and can get you set up after your initial consult.
- Fall in love with your pump - especially if you're a mom who is going to need to go back to work or wants to breastfeed for up to a year. You’re going to need the support of your pump to get you through.
- You can’t Google a standard! So don’t try - everyone is different in how much milk they produce, and every baby is different in how much they eat and how often. So don’t go scaring yourself by Googling.
We know you're a busy mom too, so if you don't have time to listen to the full episode, we're putting the highlights on our Alexa updates. So go and enable the skill to get your news from The Natural Nipple.