Trade Finance PodcastMay 16, 2022
Ep.#14: IMF World Economic Outlook Report
An analysis by Victoire de Groote - Mitigram Macroeconomist Adviser and Global Head of Country Risk at HSBC.
- 0:48 - Disruption in supply chain
- 1:30 - Impact of the conflict in Ukraine
- 3:10 - China is slowing down
- 4:37 - Monetary policies
- 5:56 - Major identifiable risks
- 6:35 - Impact on trade and conclusions
Ep.#13: The impact of the Russian war on Ukraine on the world economy
An analysis by Victoire de GrooteMitigram Macroeconomist Adviser and Global Head of Country Risk at HSBC.
- 0:47 - Main exports of Russia and Ukraine, and impact on prices
- 2:44 - Impact on the USA
- 3:30 - Impact on emerging markets
- 4:40 - Impact on shipping and logistics globally, with focus on China
- 5:42 - The opportunities for India and France
- 6:20 - Long term consequences and conclusions
Ep.#12: Today’s market trends in trade finance
An analysis by André Casterman, Mitigram Advisor to Strategy and Market Engagement, and Chair Fintech Committee, ITFA.
1:01 - Model Law on Electronic Transferable Records (MLETR)
5:19 - Non-bank Financial Institutions - Trade Finance Funds
6:54 - The International Trade and Forfaiting Association's DNI initiative (Digital Negotiable Instruments)
Ep.11: Recovery: adverse winds or groundswell?
- 0:23 - Short term indicators point to a strong recovery and only temporary headwinds
- 0:55 - Inflation is temporary considering that
- 2:10 - Monetary policies
- 3:33 - Strong recovery... but already stabilizing
- 5:20 - Structural factors are not positive
- 6:45 - Geopolitical tensions
- 10:09 - China slowdown
- 12:12 - What to expect for trade: Recovery has varied per region and still depends on the pandemic
- 12:50 - Asia is a major driver in 2021, commodity exporters will catch up in 2022 but it will not offset the global slowdown
- 13:29 - Most sectors recovered except textile but growth is slowing down
- 14:02 - Conclusion
Ep.#10: Are inflation and stagflation here to stay?
An analysis of the current inflation and stagflation, evaluating both the signs pointing to a temporary outcome as well as a long term repercussions.
- 0:20 - Possible reasons for temporary inflation
- 2:48 - PMI on manufacturing
- 3:48 - The status of GDP
- 4:33 - Wages and unemployment
- 5:34 - Possible reasons for long lasting inflation
- 6:58 - Implications and relationship with trade
- 9:35 - Conclusions
Ep.#9: Trade Finance Podcast by Mitigram with Victoire de Groote
Victoire de Groote, Head of Global Country Risk at HSBC and Chief Economist at Mitigram shares about the current status of Trade Finance. Talking points: 0:41 Long terms trends 1:21 Short terms effects 1:57 Growth stabilisation 3:19 Role of Trade in world's growth 4:26 Type of recovery base on different regions 5:19 Oil and commodities 5:45 Trade and recovery in Asia 6:35 Impact of inflation 7:06 Recovery by sector 8:20 Trend predictions for 2022
#korean #TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.8 - Sales Director Uon Kim introduces Mitigram
Sales Director Uon Kim introduces Mitigram in Korean language with English subtitles.
- 0:51 - Introduction
- 1:45 - Instruments
- 2:13 - Benefits
- 2:58 - Demo
- 3:56 - OMDOpen Market Discovery
- 4:33 - TxMTransaction Manager
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.7 - Trade Finance Podcast hosted by TXF
Katharine Morton - Head of Trade, Treasury & Risk at TXF - interviews the UK “dream team” of Mitigram: Managing Director Joshua Cohen and Sales Directors John Treasure and Pepi Bedi. In this episode: 0:55 - How do you see trade in the post-Brexit UK and how digitalisation is going to help making things better? 3:15 - What is the status of digitalisation in trade? 4:40 - Where is digitalisation is helping the most in making things better? 6:45 - How is interoperability going to help if there is rationalisation in the European banking sector? What about the UK post Brexit? 9:00 - Brexit rationalisation for Financial Institutions. 11:15 - Legal framework for regulation. 14:02 - The role of AI and data digitalisation. 18:11 - Is there going to be a standardisation in Trade Finance digitalisation? 19:12 - Are businesses reluctant to digitalise? 21:31 - How to avoid siloed systems? 24:40 - Can digitalisation entirely replace human work? 30:08 - What are the most exciting parts of digitalisation in Trade Finance?
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.6 Victoire De Groote talks about Recovery
Trade Finance Podcast by Mitigram. Episode 6 with Victoire De Groote, Global Head of Country Risk, HSBC. 1:00 - What is the recovery based on? 2:18 - Causes for short term inflation 3:45 - Effects of Government liquidity injection 6:10 - Projections on Trade
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.5 Renaud Simons ci parla di Mitigram in Italiano
Il quinto episodio del Trade Finance podcast vede il Direttore Marketing di Mitigram, Stefano Virgilli, intervistare il Direttore Esecutivo, Renaud Simons. Punti salienti: 3:27 - Quali sono gli ostacoli che rallentano la digitalizzazione nella Trade Finance? 7:00 - Quali sono i flussi di Trade Finance che Mitigram permette di digitalizzare? 11:41 - Come promuovere la multibancarieta' attraverso l'adozione di soluzioni Fintech? 17:18 - I vantaggi pratici dell'utilizzo di Mitigram 22:46 - Nuove opportunita' di business attraverso Open Market Discovery 26:15 - Banche e istituzione finanziarie possono usufruire di Mitigram anche se non registrate sulla piattaforma 28:32 - Come selezionare un partner tecnologico rapidamente e senza rischi
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.4 Innovation through Trade Finance networks
The 4th Episode of the Trade Finance Podcast takes place in Singapore, when both host Johan Egnell, Head of Asia at Mitigram and guest Josh Kroeker, Chief Product Officer at Contour, are located.
- 0:52 - Introduction of the guest Josh Kroeker
- 1:52 - Introduction of Contour
- 3:21 - Current development stage
- 4:45 - Network vs Platform
- 7:22 - Scaling a network for global trade
- 8:10 - Ease of onboarding for corporates and financial institutions
- 11:01 - Balancing focus between corporate, traders and financial institutions
- 13:10 - Which entities are driving trade finance transformation?
- 17:50 - Connectivity between industry innovators
- 22:15 - Winning resistance opposing innovation
- 26:31 - Rogers diffusion of innovation bell
- 28:05 - The status of blockchain and value brought to the industry
- 29:10 - Partnerships with other solution providers
- 31:47 - What are the hurdles preventing digitisation?
- 34:59 - Goals and focus of Contour for the years to come
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.3 Trade trends in the US for 2021
Global Head of Country Risk, Victoire De Groote shares her views on the upcoming trade policies of the new Biden administration. In this podcast: 1:30 - Discontinuing the tariffs approach for more targetted consensus around sanctions 3:05 - Current account deficit of the US against China 5:08 - Measures in line with the administration policies prioritised over allies relations 7:10 - Status of the trade 9:33 - About commodities
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.2 Trade in 2021 and the impact of a new US administration
#TradeFinancePodcast: Ep.1 Impact of the crisis on world trade
Mitigram's CEO, Milena Torciano interviews Global Head of Country Risk, HSBC, Victoire De Groote on the impact of the crisis on world trade : - Will it last? - Is this the end of globalization? - Can Emerging Markets benefit of the current changes? More information about Mitigram on mitigram.com Timeline of the podcast: 0:34 - Q: Is COVID a one-off shock or the impact of the pandemic is here to stay? 1:25 - The reasons why is this crisis unique. 1:56 - Manufacturing production slow-down in pre-pandemic. 2:45 - "Surprise index" and recovery alphabet. 4:05 - Q: Have we seen the worst in the market indicators yet? 4:50 - Unemployment expectations. 5:30 - Drop in retail sales. 5:50 - Q: Are we at the beginning of the end of globalisation? 6:30 - How globalisation will be impacted moving forward. 7:22 - Q: What is the impact of geo-political tension? 7:44 - The future of US - China trade wars. 8:52 - The Brexit scenarios. 9:28 - The role of oil supply and price. 9:50 - Q: Who are the winners and losers of this crisis? 10:33 - The countries benefitting from the change in structure of trades. 11:28 - Sectors and industries affected both positively and negatively. 12:01 - Q: What are the long term expected effects of the crisis? 12:40 - The role of banks and financial institutions in the solution of the crisis. 13:50 - The need for process automation, options and digital relationship between corporates and financial counter-parties.