Trademark Belfast Sep 11, 2020
104. Scoil Chois Claí 2023
Stiofán Ó Nualláin talks to Dr Seán Byers and Dr Médb MCDaid about their first reflections on the Leftbloc Festival 'Scoil Chois Claí' on the island of Inis Oírr, Co Gaillimhe.
103. An Anthology of Irish Marxist Writers
Talking with Dr Conor McCabe about his work in identifying, collecting and eventually publishing An Anthology of Irish Marxist Writers.
102. Houses, homes and profits
A chat between Stewart McGill and Stiofán Ó Nualláin about the history of housing under capitalism
101. The 'Actual' Collected Works of James Connolly
A chat with researcher and activist Conor McCabe on his deep dive into the actually existing and lost works of James Connolly, Irish revolutionary and Marxist.
100. Inflation as Class War
Dr Seán Byers, Stewart Mac Giolla and Stiofán Ó Nualláin talk about the class dimension of inflation.
99. Boycotts, Bans and Action
Dr Médb McDaid of Trademark talks to Adie Mormach and Trade Unionist @Zeynmo about the British Governments boycott bill, campaigning and action.
98. Understanding the Far Right - Part 2
The very right reverends Dr Seán Byers and Stiofán Ó Nualláin continue their chat about the far right.
97. Understanding the Far Right
Trademark chats about the far right, who are they? Why are they?
96. A Fist Full of Dollars
The usual contributors tackle the dollar, the gold standard, de-dollarization, and discuss whether the dollar as the global reserve currency is an instrument of US hegemonic power.
95. The Ulster Workers' Council Strike 1974
94. The 2023 Banking Crisis
The political economy nerds Stewart Mac Giolla, Seán Byers and Stiofán Ó Nualláin talk about the lesser spotted 2023 Banking Crisis (Ongoing)
93. The Communist Manifesto
Guest host Conor McCabe talks with Stiofán Ó Nualláin about The Communist Manifesto on the 175th Anniversary of its publication.
92. The Roaring Red Front
Stiofán Ó Nualláin speaks to comrade Stewart McGill about his latest book, The Roaring Red Front, a book that looks at the emergence of a global network of left-wing, anti-fascist and anti-racist football fans, a shining light in a dark time... www.theroaringredfront.com
91. The Far Right In Europe
Médb McDaid & Stiofán Ó Nualláin of Trademark joined by Yolanda Gil of Spanish Union CCOO and Mojca Zerak from Slovenian trade union Sindikat Mladi Plus talking about the threat of the far right and authoritarian drift within 'liberal' capitalist states. Recorded at an ETUC trade union anti fascist training event in Toledo Spain.
90. Debt and social control
This week regulars Stuart McGill, Seán Byers and Stiofán Ó Nualláin talk about the role of debt in capitalist societies.
89. The need for an eco-socialist revolution!
88. The Political Economy of 2022
Stiofán Ó Nualláin, Seán Byers and Stewart McGill talk about class war, inflation, supply chains and profits! Welcome to 2023!
87. Tiocfaidh ár lá - Has Ireland's day come?
86. Bernadette McAliskey at Scoil Chois Claí
85. Vijay Prashad at Scoil Chois Claí
Comrade Vijay Prashad speaking at the Leftbloc Féile, 'Scoil Chois Claí' on the beautiful island of Inis Oírr in the Connemara Gaeltacht, "Imperialism Suffocates Humanity Like a Boa Constrictor”
84. Religion and Conflict in Northern Ireland
83. Boiling Volcano - The Troubles and the Republic
82. No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish
We talk to activist Medb McDaid about Irish emigration to Britain with a focus on the generation of the 1950s and 1960s, about dance halls, identity, language, discrimination, anti-terror legislation and notions of 'Irishness'. She may be back.
81. Vivir sabroso! - Change in Colombia
JusticeforColombia.org took a delegation of Irish and British trade unionists and politicians to Colombia during the first round of elections on the 29th May 2022 , here we talk to delegates and JFS workers about the chances for real change in Colombia and the elections results.
80. Energy, Prices and Profits
79. Troops Out 50 Years on: Lessons for the British Left
78. 'Flexible' Labour - Jobs under Capitalism
Joined today by Alex Gordon, President of the Rail, Maritime and Transport Union to talk about P&O, workers rights, flexible labour markets and selling your labour under capitalism.
77. 'From Civil Rights to Armalites'
Over the course of the series, we’ll be joined by different guests who’ll talk us through a particular theme, event or period in history from a left-wing perspective.
We’ll be looking at the Irish revolution and counter-revolution of the early twentieth century; the history and legacy of the recent conflict in the north of Ireland; different aspects of working-class, trade union and socialist history; and anything else that listeners might want us to deal with as we go along.
So, thanks as always for listening. We hope you enjoy the series and take something from it.
76. The Fog of War
Another attempt by Stiofán Ó Nualláin, Stewart McGill and Duroyan Fertyl to cut through the fog of war, propaganda, liberal moralising, handwringing and hysteria surrounding the Russian invasion of Ukraine , offering a concrete analysis of a concrete situation.
75. War in Ukraine
74. From Guerrilla to Peace Activist
73. WTF is the Stockmarket? - Episode 7
This week talking Bitcoin, energy, gas, monopoly profits, inflation, Russia and Ukraine!
72. 20th Anniversary Special Edition!
71. WTF is the Stock Market? - Episode 6
Another installment on our deep dive into the markets; this episode concentrates on the murky world of commodity markets and the billionaire commodity traders who buy and sell the earth's resources. Stiofan Ó Nuallain is joined by Seán Byers and Stewart MacGill.
70. The Neo Liberal University
69. What's wrong with 'The Just Transition'
68. COP THE F*%K ON 26!
67. WTF is the Stockmarket? - Episode 5
66. WTF is the Stock Market? - Episode 4
65. WTF is the Stock Market? Episode 3 - The Taliban's Stock Portfolio
64. WTF is the Stock Market? Episode 2 - Xi Jinping Thought and Capital Markets
63. WTF is the Stock Market? - Episode 1
62. The Global Attack on Protest and Dissent
61. What's green in Ireland?
(Conor has uploaded his presentation from last night to www.slideshare.net/conormccabe