By Brianna Towne
Well IntentionsMay 03, 2021
Finding Food Freedom
How to turn off the firehose of wellness and dieting information and tune in to your own intuition and needs.
Connect with Bri:
- Congressional Democrats Call on FTC to Strengthen Oversight of Food Marketing to Children. (2014, September 3). Retrieved December 7, 2014, from http://www.help.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/?id=e02951df-023b-4c8f-b538-ed5216ce0b9e
- Weight Management: U.S. Consumer Mindsets. (2014, August 28). Retrieved December 7, 2014, from http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Weight-Management-Consumer-Mindsets-8351387/#pagetop
- http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-facts-eating-disorders. (Grodstein, Levine, Spencer, Colditz, &Stampfer, 1996; Neumark-Sztainer, Haines, Wall, & Eisenberg, 2007).
- (2014, February 1). Retrieved December 7, 2014, from http://www.marketresearch.com/Marketdata-Enterprises-Inc-v416/Weight-Loss-Status-Forecast-8016030/
The Renfrew Center Foundation for Eating Disorders, Eating Disorders 101 Guide: A Summary of Issues, Statistics and Resources, 2003.
- Kaye, W., Bailer, U., Klabunde, M., & Brow, H. (n.d.). IS ANOREXIA NERVOSA AN EATING DISORDER? How neurobiology can help us understand the puzzling eating symptoms of anorexia nervosa. Retrieved December 7, 2014, from http://eatingdisorders.ucsd.edu/research/biocorrelates/PDFs/Kaye2010NeurobiologyofAN.pdf
- Wegner DM, Schneider DJ, Carter SR 3rd, White TL. Paradoxical effects of thought suppression. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1987 Jul;53(1):5-13. doi: 10.1037//0022-3522.214.171.124. PMID: 3612492.
Food for Thought
- Understand the different ways your body responds to stress
- Notice the difference between acute + chronic stress (and why some stress is actually necessary for survival!)
- Learn how diet and stress are related physiologically
- Gather tools to help eat healthfully and prepare meals that nourish your body during times of stress
- Discover simple, non-food ways to lower stress levels in the body
**NOT medical advice, not mental health advice, not about anxiety or depression
40 Plants Challenge Free Download: CLICK HERE
Tackling Multiple Food Intolerances
Things mentioned in this episode:
The Gut Fix: https://verdurehouse.co/products/p/the-gut-fix
Blog article: How to Fix Your Gut
Blog article: Why am I Always Bloated?
Blog article: Gut Microbiome + Hormones
Work with Bri 1x1: https://verdurehouse.co/food-therapy-application
As always, this podcast is for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advise.
Using the love languages on yourself
How you show yourself love and express love have a direct impact on your health. Listen as we explore the different love languages and how to use them on yourself without shame.
Products mentioned in this episode:
OSEA Malibu body oil - https://bit.ly/39s8z45
The Gut Fix - https://britownenutrition.com/products/p/the-gut-fix
The 5 Love Languages Book - https://bit.ly/3LqEora
The 5 Love Languages Quiz - https://www.5lovelanguages.com/quizzes/love-language
What does hunger really feel like?
Can you really "do it all"?
How to *actually* change habits for good
Why you're so effing tired all the time
The science behind sleep, hormones and how to get a better night's rest.
Beat the belly bloat -- with fiber!
What is estrogen dominance and how can you find balance?
5 Ways to nurture connection in motherhood
Are habits really what we need to be focusing on?
You're addicted to stress
In this episode, we walk through what the body's response to stress is, why and how we've actually become addicted to stress, and how to get out of that addiction.
We get a little woo-woo in here but I want you to stick with me. Open your mind to what's possible and experience the possibility of another way to live.
How emotions affect our body's ability to heal
In this episode of Well Intentions we focus in on how our inner thoughts and emotions can and do influence the body's ability to heal. From chakras, energy centers, meditation and manifestation, we can harness the power of our minds to create new internal emotions that can cause the body to heal.
To learn more about how integrating food and mindfulness can work for you, head on over to thefoodtherapistherapistms.com