Krissy Regan, The Wellness Poet.
By Krissy Regan, The Wellness Poet.
I create books, blogs, poems and programs to connect, inform and empower others to cultivate life-long health and wellness.
The purpose of my podcast is to share insightful wellness tips, as well as stories of ordinary people doing extraordinary things to improve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Krissy Regan, The Wellness Poet.Jan 07, 2023
Interview with Renee Cashman editor of Connect Magazine North Queensland talking about healing, holistic health and grief.
Interview with Renee Cashman, Author, Sound Healer, Qi Gong Instructor and Magazine Publisher of Connect Magazine North Queensland.
After 19 years of publishing North Queensland's Community Wholistic Wellness Magazine I asked Renee thh following questions.
- What does Community mean to YOU?
- Why did you start Connect Magazine? How many issues have you done?
- Where do you see Alternative (Wholistic) Health and Mainstream Healthcare going in the coming decade?
- Your son passed away when he was 15 and you’ve now published a Children’s book called Koko and the Magic Flute, Overcoming Grief. Tell us about some ways you overcame your grief and what you hope for this children’s book.
- Who inspires you?
- What are you manifesting in 2023?
Tristan Nelliman-Adams - a man from Murray Island who when to Marathon in Greece.
Tristan is from the Torres Strait Islands off the north coast of Australia. He now lives in Townsville where he teaches at a boys school. He is an indigenous role model and great friend to many. In this interview we hear how he overcome a huge challenge in Athens to complete his second marathon and what he has learned in the past two years since he took on the challenge to represent his community on the international stage.
- You just ran the oldest marathon in the world in Athens. How does a boy from the Torres Strait Islands find his way to Athens?
- Tell us a bit about what happened in Athens?
- Did you imagine that you would ever run a marathon before 2021?
- What has the process been like for you personally?
- You are a teacher and positive role model to many do you feel a lot of external pressure? What does inclusion mean to you?
- When you thinkabout the journey of your indigenous ancestors do you feel a lot of responsibility?
- What do you imagine is your legacy for youth?
The Athens Marathon The Authentic is an annual marathon held in Athens, Greece. Inaugurated in 1972, the Athens Marathon is usually organized in early November (the second Sunday of November) and often serves as Greece’s National Marathon Championships. The race is open to about 40,000 runners who can participate in full marathons, 10K races, 5K races, and kids’ races.
The marathon race and course are inspired by the Ancient Greek legend of Pheidippides, a messenger who is said to have run from Marathon to Athens to bring news of the Greek victory over the Persians at the Battle of Marathon. Also taking inspiration from the tradition of the Olympic Torch, the race features the Marathon Flame, which is lit at the Tomb of the Battle of Marathon and carried to the stadium in Marathon before the beginning of each race.
Thinking Big with Jillian Joyce from Pride Human Performance
Jillian and I discuss performance, inspiration and thinking big in order to achieve our goals, thrive and attain longevity.
The questions I asked Jillian were;
- What does Thinking Big mean to you?
- Who have you looked to for Inspiration in your life?
- Your focus is on performance, but we know that peak performance and longevity are confused. Howto do normal people stay healthy?
- Why are strengthening exercises good for women in general?
- Many people have a tendency to rush back to exercise and then get injured–what advice do youhave for avoiding injury?
- Have you noticed any new exercise trends coming in 2023?
#WellnessWednesday - Last Live 2022
Today is my last official work day for 2022. It feels great to say - I'm all done... This has not been the case in a Looonnngg time. From tomorrow you will find me, unwinding, spending time in nature, playing with the kids and writing my new book. If you need some inspiration to help you unwind in order to wind up for 2023 you can catch up on some articles on my website. https://www.thewellnesspoet.com/apps/blog
or my Podcast. https://anchor.fm/wellnesspoet
new content will be added over the coming days. Or if you really miss my voice you can grab a copy of my audiobook, Broken to Unbreakable, 12 Steps to an Unbreakable Mind, Body and Spirit. I narrated it. It was immensely stressful but very rewarding and it's available on Audible and wherever you get your audiobooks. https://www.audible.com.au/.../Broken-to.../1662109490..
. Thanks for all your support in 2022. I greatly appreciate you sharing this journey of health, wellness, running, fundraising and sharing the things that I truly care about. Krissy xx
Daiana Radulescu is a Yoga Teacher and Wellness Advocate from Romania.
In 2020 Dianna and I discussed Wellness, Books and taking care of ourselves.
In this interview with Kiddipedia we discuss ways that Mums can embrace Mindfulness to be present with their newborn baby.
Kiddipedia Interview - Mindfully Loving Your Newborn
Interview with Loretta Woodford from Parentmedic North Queensland
Join me as I chat family first aid with Loretta Woodford from Parentmedic:
- Tell us about Parentmedic and why you started it?
- What are the 3 things most common for parents when it comes to first aid?
- As we move into Summer and the long school holidays what would you advise to have in your medicine cabinet/first aid kit for parents?
- If you could teach parents one thing about first aid what would it be?
- What advice do you give to anxious helicopter parents?
- Lastly, what does the concept of Helping, Not Hustling mean to you?
I hope you enjoyed this episode with Loretta. As always, thanks so much for listening! We’ll see you next week.
Fear plays a big role in our Life. Lawrence Doochin and I discuss ways we can recognise and understand our fears.
Insightful and thought proving interview with Lawrence Doochin talking about Fear and the role it plays in our life. I asked Lawrence for some tips on recognising and understanding our Fears.
The Questions I put to Lawrence were as follows;
• You recently published your book called; A Book on Fear, what inspired you to write this book?
• Throughout your life can you share what fears you have faced?
• Why do you think most people in society are not aware of the role fear plays in our life?
• You talk about the fear of being in control by people who were abused in childhood – how did you come to understand this for yourself?
• What beliefs have you had to unlearn over time?
You can view Lawrence’s work here and purchase a copy of his awesome book to help you on your journey to recognise and face your fear in your journey to growth and well-being.
How does good health and wellness allow us to self-actualise?
In this interview with Eric Michaels from eHealth Radio I discuss:
- Why is good health necessary to enable us to self-actualise?
- What life-style factors can be changed most simply in order to foster good health?
- What do you see is the future of health-care?
- What benefits can people gain from enrolling in your online Wellness School?
- If you could give one piece of advice to someone wanting to improve their health what would that be?
Summary: Decide that you want to be healthy – for YOU!
It’s not a luxury to be healthy, it’s a necessity and your health should be non-negotiable. With good health, anything is possible in your life and learning tools that can help you gain and attain good health is the best investment you can make.
Interview with Crystal Leonardi, Author of Boy of Steel.
Crystal and I talk about the changing phases of our life, being a Mum of a "Cancer Kid" and sharing your gifts to help others.
The questions I put to Crystal were as follows;
- You write about Cancer? You are a mum to four young children, how is it that you find the strength sometimes to keep going?
- What has writing about your experiences been like for you personally?
- In terms of your own wellbeing what could you have done differently or what were the things that worked for you?
- Tell us about your life before you became and author and how it’s changed since?
- What advice do you give to parents with a very sick child?
- When you think about your legacy to your children, what would you like that to be?
Interview with Sweet FM
In this interview with Charlie Scuderi from Sweet FM we talk about growing up in rural Queensland, travelling, writing and living our purpose.
Self Care Tips after Lockdown
For some Lockdown feel likes like ages ago but all around me Burnout is still an ever present conversation.
In this interview with @kiddipedia I talk about Self-care when you are juggling work, family-life and coming out of an intense period of time. The conversation is as true for every day life as it was for lockdown #IMHO.
The Power of Possibility with Alexandra Andre - Achieving your Biggest Goals in Life.
In this interview I talk with Alexandra Andre, author of the The Power of Possibility.
Alex is a Marketeer, Mum and Marathoner, Author and an Ironman.
I’m really proud, of you and delighted to have met you in Melbourne when I was set to run my 2nd marathon. To be honest I cried a few times reading your book. Did you cry writing it?
It’s about ordinary people doing extra ordinary things. Tell me what that means to you personally?
This podcast is called Every Day Wellness as I want to highlight the positive role models that exist all around us through practising different wellness techniques. In your book you articulate very clearly the mind-body connection, manifestation of injury in the body and using kinesiology to remove blocked energy. I have to tell you prior to reading your book that has intuitively been my practise too this past few years – healing the body through positivity and compassion. How have you continued to practise this in the years following your Ironman because you have since gone on to run a few international marathons.
I remember you spoke of the fear around telling your mum you had signed up for an Ironman event. What was her response when you told her you were writing a book and then having a baby – was the fear the same?
#WellnessWednesday helping and hustling, longevity and inspiration!
Advocacy, Social Inclusion and being an Ambassador for Social Change
Today I welcome Joanne Lynam, Author of An Angel at My Door.
We talk about Advocacy, Social Inclusion and being an Ambassador for Social Change.
The Questions I asked Joanne were;
• At what stage in your life did you realise that you and you alone have the power to advocate for your children?
• Was writing your book, Angel at my Door painful for you? You shared some pretty upsetting details about your life and that of your children? Was the process healing at all?
• You’re an ambassador for social change, inclusion and acceptance for all members of society, do you ever get tired of this?
• Tell me about your hope for the future with your upcoming event The Many Faces of Townsville?
Connect with Joanne. Click here
The Curse of Perfectionism with Leanne Foreman.
Leanne Foreman and I discuss the curse of Perfection and the impact on our relationships.
The questions I put to Leanne were;
• Tell me about your battle with Perfectionism?
• How did it manifest for you personally and how did it play out in your relationships?
• Your book talks about avoiding Mind Affecting Substances? Did you have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol or other drugs?
• Your children suffer with ASD, ADHD, and Dyslexia so you created a new easy to read recipes – tell me a bit about this process and why it’s successful?
How to Connect with Leanne: https://homematters101.com/
#WellnessWednesday Universal Flow and Boundaries
#WellnessWednesday Running out of Time!
#wellnesswednesday Creating a Culture of Positivity
Today I talk about the health impacts of Toxic Environments and People.
I share some insights from Retreat No.5 and look forward to 2023.
Update on Book No. 4. https://www.thewellnesspoet.com/book-shop
New Podcast Episodes available now on my Channels.
#health #wellness #podcast #womenshealth #toxicpeople #culture
Interview with Dov Benyaacov-Kurtzman about Cognitive First Aid, Trauma and Caring for Carers.
A moving and personal interview with Dov Benyaacov-Kurtzman as we discuss cognitive first aid, trauma and Caring for Carers.
The Questions I put to Dov were as follows:
- Please give us a brief overview of Cognitive First Aid.
- You had a background in Cognitive First Aid before the UK terror attacks and Covid-19 came into our lives. How has the past few years shaped you as a person and a professional?
- You teach a 6-pronged approach to cognitive psychological first aid to help those affected by psychological shock from helplessness back to effective functioning – what the key steps in this approach? CORTEX - Cognitive
Psychological First Aid 3.
- What has been your biggest Aha moment in the past 5 years?
- Currently you are working on a new *CovidAid* project for "Caring for the carers" - acute self applied intervention for front line staff in care homes, hospitals, schools and the emergency services – what is your advice for those suffering from Covid-19 and the mental health implications of isolation, unemployment, illness and so on?
You can view Dov’s work here and purchase a copy of his awesome book to help you understand how we can reset our Mind after facing trauma.
Victoria Vanstone - Author of 1000 Wasted Sunday's shares her journey with Alcohol Free Living and the challenges along the way.
Insightful interview with Victoria Vanstone talking about alcohol-free living, being a mum and recognising when a relationship with alcohol is unhealthy.
The Questions I put to Victoria were as follows;
- You have become a successful blogger and soon to be author about being an Alcoholic Mummy – how hard was it for you to acknowledge that out-loud?
- At what stage did you realise that your relationship with alcohol was potentially unhealthy?
- Do you think there is a difference between people who want to drink every day and people
- who need to drink every day?
- What is your motivation for staying sober?
- Was heavy drinking normalised for you growing up?
You can view Victoria’s work here;
ABC Radio North Queensland, my daughter and I talk about our new book
In this joyful interview with ABC Radio North Queensland my daughter and I talk about our new book. London to Townsville, a story about a little girl who moves from England to Australia.
A book about change, making new friends, creating new experiences, and what we learn along the way.
The book is available to order via my Website: https://www.thewellnesspoet.com/book-shop and via all online retailers.
WellnessWednesday Retreat Week, Book 4 and Australian Women's Small Business Awards
Today I share a peek behind the scenes of Retreat no. 5 at Magnetic Island, and talk about the Australian Women's Small Business Champion Awards.
I share my Why and Intention behind book no. 4 which will go to print later today and be available internationally wherever you buy your books online, as well as local shops in North Queensland. You can pre-order a signed copy from my website Book Shop.
Keep an eye out for the links to 2023 Women's Wellness Retreats which will be published later today.
wellness #intention #books #mindbodyspirit #retreat #womens #mentalhealthmonth2022
ABC Radio Interview - Mid-Life Crisis - Mid-Life Health Crisis!
In this interview with ABC radio I talk about a mid life health crisis, and ways in which we can hack our way back to good health.
eHealth Radio interview highlighting the small changes we can make to significantly improve our health.
eHealth Radio Interview with host Eric Michaels and Krissy Regan discussing:
- The key pillars for health and well-being?
- What is the first thing that people can do when they want to improve their health?
- Compound Impacts on our health.
- The biggest obstacle to overcome when we want to embrace a healthier lifestyle?
When we understand the compounding effect of our internal and external environment on our health we can make small changes to minimise the risks and make significant improvements in our health.
Exercise for Longevity and Mindset Challenges around Exercise and staying Healthy.
Insightful interview with Dan Remon; Exercise Physiologist, High Performance Coach and Strategist.
Watch Now: http://bit.ly/excerciseforlongevitywithDan
We talk about MED, Pain Management, Exercise for Longevity and Mindset Challenges around Exercise and staying Healthy.
The Questions I put to Dan were as follows;
In your experience what is people’s biggest barrier to exercise?
Why do you think we are not taught enough throughout our life the role exercise plays in both physical and mental health?
What mindset do you think is important for people to adopt when wanting to choose a healthier lifestyle?
Do you notice a difference between people in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s when it comes to exercise habits and motivation?
If you could inspire someone to start exercising and continuing exercising regularly what would it take?
Who do you find inspiring?
You can view Dan’s work here;
Power of Possibility, The Mind Body Connection, Why Story-telling is important and Emotional Health
On Wellness Wednesday I talk about the Power of Possibility, The Mind Body Connection, Why Story-telling is important and Emotional Health. My new Podcast is live and new content is being added day by day. https://anchor.fm/wellnesspoet It is available on all platforms wherever you like to find your juicy podcasts. You can subscribe to be updated as new content is released.
You may like to view the work of Alexandra Andre; https://www.alexandraandre.com/
and Crystal Leonardi - Author, Publisher, Motivational Speaker; https://www.crystalleonardi.com/
#wellnesswednesday #mindbodyconnection #emotionalhealth #storytelling
The man who made me cry - Radio Host, Ben Dobbin!
Ben Dobbin, radio host from Triple M really did bring me to tears in this interview after we talked about going back to our roots, and sharing our successes with our local community and leaders of the future.
As I prepared to launch my second children's book in my home town of Charters Towers and deliver a graduation address to my old school, I was moved to tears when I shared the importance of remembering it's not where we come from, it's who we are that truly matters.
Today I talk about Sex with Anna Walsh creator of Happy Mash!
Join me as I chat about sex with Anna Walsh creator of Happy Mash.
We discussed Sexual Health and Wellness, shared a few secrets and talked about Sex Ed, Sexual Violence and Abuse.
Anna is a former Police Officer, Policy Writer and Proud Mum to two children. Discussing delicate issues around sexual health, abuse and violence is not uncommon to Anna. I'm delighted to share this interview where we disclose some personal secrets and encourage women to embrace "Who they Are" in order to foster wholistic health and wellness.
Questions I put to Anna were;
1. Describe your idea of Sexual Wellness?
2. What are the common issues you see around Sexual Wellness?
3. What inspired you to start talking about this topic?
4. Who are your role models?
5. How do you see the education around sexual health changing for young people?
Is Community the Key to Wellbeing with Jasmine Healy - Pagan, Founder of Social Enterprise Youth RESET.
In this fun and inspiring interview with Jasmine we discuss the importance of creating community to foster and support health and wellbeing.
The Questions I put to Jasmine were as follows;
You saw a need to establish a community for health and wellness (The Sundalah Community) more than a decade ago, what was your inspiration behind that and what did you feel was lacking for your personally?
Has the vision for that community changed over time or have you changed as a result of that vision? Or both?
You seem like a very soulful person - have you always been that way?
Do you feel intrinsic pressure to remain helpful, positive or inspiring for your community?
What would you say to someone that feels disconnected from themselves i.e. their soul or their spirit?
You can view Jasmine’s work here and learn all about the Sundalah Story.
Today I talk Food with International Athlete, Author and Mum, Kim Stevenson.
Kim and I discuss emotional eating, why we stress eat and how can we break our coding!
The Questions I put to Kim were as follows:
Why is it that people turn to food instead of talking?
What was the journey that you went on to discover a way to be a more empowered eater?
What prompted you to write your book?
Since becoming a mother have you noticed your habits and rituals have changed and what has been the impact on your eating habits?
What advice would you give to people who want to use food less as a way of coping with stress?
You can view Kim’s work here and purchase a copy of her awesome book to help you on your journey to be a more empowered eater.
Krissy talks to Janette Murray-Wakelin about the raw food diet, marathon running and overcoming cancer naturally
Wonderful Interview with World Record Holder Janette Murray-Wakelin talking about changing our diet, Raw Food living, Aging and Overcoming Cancer naturally.
The Questions I put to Janette were as follows;
• You were a relatively healthy woman that developed Breast Cancer – what was the impact of that on you?
• When you decided to not have Medical Treatment for your Cancer what was your state of mind?
• You decided to change your diet completely to one of RAW Vegan – was that a difficult shift (gradual or instant?).
• You’ve set a world record for running 366 marathons in 366 days and you did that in your 60’s – why do you think our society tells us we need to wind down in our old age as opposed to ramp it up??
You can view Janette’s work here and buy her books:
To watch other amazing interviews you can join my Closed FB Group and sign up to my online Wellness School.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/636145607220653 - The Unbreakable Community
Krissy talks about time scarcity and getting stuff done!
Another daily dose of Wellness - Join me today as I talk about Time Scarcity, Finding Time and Enjoying the Time we have.
Tune in to the podcast for the full episode.
Krissy talks to Maria Hutchison about Limiting Beliefs, Trauma and Living with Freedom
We talk about our limiting beliefs, how childhood experiences shape our reality and what we can do to disrupt our patterns of behaviour that are keeping us stuck.
The Questions I put to Maria were as follows;
- Describe some of the most common limiting beliefs you encounter in your work?
- How did you discover the power of affirmations to help you disrupt your limiting beliefs and ultimately free yourself from them?
- Describe what living with Freedom feels like? And what set you on a path to discovering your own freedom?
- Your life has had twists and turns and for some would seem like pretty scary moments; abuse, bankruptcy, addiction and so on and yet you have managed to overcome these and become successful in your business, relationships and life. Why is it that you think some people can grow from trauma and others die?
- Do you feel that sometimes Abusers are made out to be Victims once their actions are bought to the spotlight?
- You talk about shedding weight (physically) whilst shedding weight emotionally do you see this often in your work?
You can view Maria’s work here and purchase a copy of her amazing book (1 in 4 people need to read this book):
Krissy explains what is a Wellness Mindset
Most people would like to take care themselves better but don't know what to do.
During an interview with eHealthRadio we talk about what is a WELLNESS MINDSET.
Tune in to the podcast for the full episode how we can established a personalised health care plan and more.
Rebel to Role Model, from rock bottom to rising star with Brendan Larcombe!
Join me and Brendan in this wonderful chat with Brendan, we talk about addiction, depression, parenting, and finding purpose in our life.
Brendan has run 8 marathons in 2 years after being sober of drugs and alcohol for 3 years.
He is a single father to 3 boys (14, 13 and 9) who he hopes to inspire to find their passion in life.
He works as a mentor at AFL Cape York House in Cairns. Brendan's dream is to run in an international marathon, so if you are looking to sponsor the nicest guy on the planet, please pick Brendan.
Brendan and I met as part of an event hosted by the Indigenous Marathon Foundation which is a health promotion charity using running to change lives and create inspirational Indigenous leaders. Robert de Castella is the Founder of the Foundation, an inspirational leader and wonderful wellness advocate. https://footprints.gofundraise.com.au
Spending time with Brendan this year as been one of the highlights of my year. I'm sure you will find this interview both emotional and inspirational.
Every Day Wellness Podcast with Krissy
Hear Krissy as she explains her Why behind this Podcast!